Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I presume Brookefield's a student accommodation place? :P I'll be staying at home for first year at least, don't mind it really...

What's the course you're hoping for? Mine's computer science :)

Ya I'm not from cork you see :P
    biomedical science!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

peekachoo wrote: »
    biomedical science!

I wanna do Biomed in UCD!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I presume Brookefield's a student accommodation place? :P I'll be staying at home for first year at least, don't mind it really...

What's the course you're hoping for? Mine's computer science :)

How you gonna bring wimenz home if you live at home? :o

Oh wait, youre doing computer science, that shouldnt be a problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

biomedical science!

Sounds scary... :P

I know a guy who does it, must be in fourth year at this stage, and he loves it :)
    LoveLamps wrote: »

Oh wait, youre doing computer science, that shouldnt be a problem...

There's always a handy bush around somewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone else hoping to go to UCC next year? :)

Yessss practically everybody in my town that's doing the leaving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I couldn't live at home and commute to University every day. I'm from the South-East and know people who get buses to Carlow or Waterford every day. They never mix with new people or go out with college people, just stick with each other. It's all so.... insular.

I think if you live in Cork or Dublin it would be illogical to stay in student accommodation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Commuting would be pure ****e tbh. That's why I need to get my first choice, already have accomodation secured :D whereas with my other choices I'd have to find somewhere in August, and could end up commuting. I'd prefer to repeat tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Aspiring wrote: »
    Do we get specially ruled pages for accounting? Somebody said we did. Would save a lot of time. Tabular will still be a bitch tho so many boxes. What do you mean, how could you not fit it on one page? :P

Sometimes I don't fit the p+l onto one page because of all the headings and totals and stuff...but if i put totals on the same line and stuff it saves space, yeah I think you can get special paper but you dont have to, think Ill rule my own just cos I'm used to it and I can keep everything together so its easier for the corrector. If tabular comes up though I plan on using book 1 paper though... not a chance would we have time to rule out all of those boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I guess that would explain his earlier admission ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

thelad95 wrote: »
    I couldn't live at home and commute to University every day. I'm from the South-East and know people who get buses to Carlow or Waterford every day. They never mix with new people or go out with college people, just stick with each other. It's all so.... insular.

I think if you live in Cork or Dublin it would be illogical to stay in student accommodation though.
    Im from the south east too and that sounds very familiar!
    I guess that would explain his earlier admission ... >_>

Im lost.

And Randy you should be setting a good example for us, not staying up 'til 2.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

aleatorio wrote: »
    I wanna do Biomed in UCD!! :D

Biomed in Cork and biomed in UCD are different, with biomed in cork you can work in a hospital lab as a biomedical scientist, UCD's biomed is more research geared :)

Anyone else for UCD Undenominated Science? :D
    Do many Culchies go to Dit?

Got a problem with us culchies? :P :pac:

Biomed in Cork and biomed in UCD are different, with biomed in cork you can work in a hospital lab as a biomedical scientist, UCD's biomed is more research geared :)

I didn't even know that :P

Ah right, I never looked into corks course cos I didn't want to go there :pac:

I have that as my third choice, it was my first choice for a long time though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

I didn't even know that :P

Yeah there's only 3 biomed courses in the country accredited by the academy or something: Cork, galway and DIT. I only know this cause my sister did it in DIT :pac:

Yeah there's only 3 biomed courses in the country accredited by the academy or something: Cork, galway and DIT. I only know this cause my sister did it in DIT :pac:

Oh thaaaat thing. I did know that! :P
    Like if ya do biomed in NUIM you don't actually get a degree in biomed or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Do you think I can leave out metamorphic rocks and weathering and secondary activities in Irish region? :rolleyes:

Ah yeah I knew about that :P the UCD course is more like a research course :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Could any kind soul help me out and tell me what an ainmfhocal sa ghinideach iolra is? Lets just say grammar isn't my strong point!

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Do you think I can leave out metamorphic rocks and weathering and secondary activities in Irish region? :rolleyes:

As in, the whole weathering chapter?

Could any kind soul help me out and tell me what an ainmfhocal sa ghinideach iolra is? Lets just say grammar isn't my strong point!

A plural noun in the Tuiseal G
    I think? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

A plural noun in the Tuiseal G
    I think? :P

Such as? We never covered the TG !

As in, the whole weathering chapter?

nah just the essay that came up in 2013. I still know the bits I need for other essays or shorts.. Just really don't want to study it in detail:confused:

nah just the essay that came up in 2013. I still know the bits I need for other essays or shorts.. Just really don't want to study it in detail:confused:

I'd just read over it a few times just in case you might need it:)

Do you do the human elective? I hate it so much! D:

Such as? We never covered the TG !

Something like "na gcailíní" afaik. Plural TG takes an urú and it is a lot of the time in english something of the someones, "the group of the girls" etc.
    Someone please please tell me if I'm wrong. :pac:

I'd just read over it a few times just in case you might need it:)

Do you do the human elective? I hate it so much! D:

Yeah, I can't stand it.. I still haven't revised it, keep putting it off :P I'm not too bad with physical and regional now, feel slightly relieved.. I always thought it wasn't hard to get an A in geo, oh how naive :pac: think I'll come out with a B1 :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't stand it.. I still haven't revised it, keep putting it off :P I'm not too bad with physical and regional now, feel slightly relieved.. I always thought it wasn't hard to get an A in geo, oh how naive :pac: think I'll come out with a B1 :rolleyes:

I got A1's in every test up to the pres... It's a completely different kettle of fish when you've 700 pages to revise as opposed to one or two sections :P

I also found out that my study technique did sweet f*ck all and now I have to read over the whole regional geography section again to refresh it in my mind :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Theres so much interlap between elective and regional though! If you know either fairly well then you wont do bad in either. And to the poster who asked about weathering, dont leave it out it overlaps so much with rivers youll actually find it helpful to learn it. and besides carbonation and freeze are like the two easiest things to learn on the course

The questions they ask in regional geography are horrible... in nearly every question you have to come up with 3 or 4 SRPs if you want to get full marks :(

I got A1's in every test up to the pres... It's a completely different kettle of fish when you've 700 pages to revise as opposed to one or two sections :P

I also found out that my study technique did sweet f*ck all and now I have to read over the whole regional geography section again to refresh it in my mind :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm the same, I always thought I was the top student in geography :cool:

I find that regional is the one section I have to keep going back to, doesn't stay in my head :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same, I always thought I was the top student in geography :cool:

I find that regional is the one section I have to keep going back to, doesn't stay in my head :pac:

My teacher will be so disappointed when I come out with a C :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement