Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hotale.com wrote: »
    The questions they ask in regional geography are horrible... in nearly every question you have to come up with 3 or 4 SRPs if you want to get full marks :(

Not really, they are repetitive enough to be honest. They can throw some real stinkers at you though. For example, in 2012 they asked:

Examine how any two of the factors listed below have influenced the development of one urban area in a European region you have studied:
    Transport

How in the name of God can you prepare for that. To do well in a Q like that you would need serious bullsh*tting powers.

Also, the 2013 regional questions were horrific so hopefully we get nice easy ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    Not really, they are repetitive enough to be honest. They can throw some real stinkers at you though. For example, in 2012 they asked:

Examine how any two of the factors listed below have influenced the development of one urban area in a European region you have studied:
    Transport

How in the name of God can you prepare for that. To do well in a Q like that you would need serious bullsh*tting powers.

Also, the 2013 regional questions were horrific so hopefully we get nice east ones :D

I've only really looked at 2012 and 2013.. :P I hope tertiary in a sub-continental region comes up, that would be gorgeous!

I've only really looked at 2012 and 2013.. :P I hope tertiary in a sub-continental region comes up, that would be gorgeous!

I reckon impact of EU membership could come up as it hasn't been on in a while and Croatia joined last summer around the time the papers were being written up so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Absolutely screwed for Geography. Only studied the three activities for Dublin and the West then just studied one or two for the other regions. Kind of screwed for geoecology as well...anyone else not know how to draw the regions?

thelad95 wrote: »
    I reckon impact of EU membership could come up as it hasn't been on in a while and Croatia joined last summer around the time the papers were being written up so....

I thought they were written up in February...
    Absolutely screwed for Geography. Only studied the three activities for Dublin and the West then just studied one or two for the other regions. Kind of screwed for geoecology as well...anyone else not know how to draw the regions?

You can do a lot of cramming in a week :P

• Advertisement

I thought they were written up in February...

Nope, according to the SEC website they are pretty much done by the end of August 2013... BUT in recent years I reckon they have been edited to take recent events into account. For example, the 2010 geography paper had a part A question on the January 2010 Haiti Earthquake.

Also, business and Economics papers regularly feature Q's revolving around the Budget done in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

You can do a lot of cramming in a week :P

Spent all of last week writing out short notes on each of the regional sections and geoecology.... Some of them are easily compared, just gotta change the name of the region like the West and Mezzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

can some kind history student tell me what exactly the unionism question in ireland topic 2 and the technology of warfare questions were on the examcraft mock?? I'm on my phone I can't find it in the mocks thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I only really studied irish and maths for the JC (ironic cos theyre my only 2 OL subjects now..) for geography i did a night before job and literally everything i studied came up and i got an A (then dropped it for lc) would be nice if that happened in the LC...

Im really only doing accounting, physics and french atm. I havent done english in about 5 days and havent looked at the comparative since the mocks. Would i be okay to keep doing acc, physics, french and business til saturday and then english (and maybe ol irish and maths) til wednesday?
    I need a B in english

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

How accurate do quotes have to be for english, like if im quoting dickinson do I have to have every dash an capital letter perfect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

a0ifee wrote: »
    can some kind history student tell me what exactly the unionism question in ireland topic 2 and the technology of warfare questions were on the examcraft mock?? I'm on my phone I can't find it in the mocks thread :(

Unionist one was how did unionists oppose home rule (can't remember the years) and haven't a clue what the technology question was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Guyz is it too late for me to start studying, am I screwed guyz? . I got 150 in the mocks I need 575. Pls advise guyz.

Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Aspiring wrote: »
    Guyz is it too late for me to start studying, am I screwed guyz? . I got 150 in the mocks I need 575. Pls advise guyz.

Thx.

Soz hunzo but u bettah start applyin 2 maccy d's xoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

168 hours until maths paper 1...... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Aspiring wrote: »

Thx.
    Nah grl. My friend got 50 points in da mocks and den got 615 in da real thing!

Lara_15 wrote: »
    How accurate do quotes have to be for english, like if im quoting dickinson do I have to have every dash an capital letter perfect?

Depends really.

According to our teacher if you're talking about her use of language then yes, you should have the dashes in the right places. If you're talking about themes he said it probably won't matter.

I don't think they'll check for capital letters, that seems way too nitpicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

a maths paper like last year and ill be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

My teacher said you paraphrase in the exam? example:

"Hope is a thing with feathers, it perches in the soul"

paraphrased a little
    "Hope is a thing with feathers, perches atop the soul"

Badwulf wrote: »
    My teacher said you paraphrase in the exam? example:

"Hope is a thing with feathers, it perches in the soul"

paraphrased a little
    "Hope is a thing with feathers, perches atop the soul"

You should, or you can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

If you paraphrase a quote you should be bracketing it.
    Like "[she] felt a Funeral in [her] brain", kinda thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

You should, or you can?

Shat, ment you can

Geography people, for this question do you just write about secondary activities or do you have to link it with physical and human processes?

"Examine the factors that influence the development of secondary economic activity in an Irish region that you have studied."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

How do you get in touch with a penguin??
    Give him a wing

The fact that I laughed at this scares me. The fact that it's the highlight of my day is even worse. F_CK YOU LEAVING CERT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Thx 4 all d support bords. I tink ill start studyin tmoro. 2 stressed to study now + home and away is on den hollyoaks. I bleev now I can get dose points I need :)

I'm so paranoid now I'll actually start spelling like this in the exams, so I'm stopping :D

Geography people, for this question do you just write about secondary activities or do you have to link it with physical and human processes?

"Examine the factors that influence the development of secondary economic activity in an Irish region that you have studied."

Link it! Like transport improvements help markets and that kinda bs.

peekachoo wrote: »
    Link it! Like transport improvements help markets and that kinda bs.

A lot of geography just seems to be bullsh*t...

Most of the geography course is absolutely BS.
    I was fairly unprepared for it last year. A regional question on a socio economic region came up and I hadn't it prepared, so I did southwest USA (never covered that region at all) and raved on about Hollywood and stuff. Viewed my paper and got like 20/30. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Went into school to chat to the lads. We just sat in the sun and had the lols. Its depressing trying to study after it, I WANT SUMMER
    I swear, the leaving cert is such an inconvenience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

English is wrecking my head..

• Advertisement

English is wrecking my head..

What part of it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement