Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Awks.. This is like walking into a local pub and everyone pauses mid drink to stare at 'yer one'.. ' who does she think she is..? this is our turf!' sorry guys ahah

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

I don't get this. How can people even possibly answer entirely on a case study? Judging by the DBQ, I could get max 600 words - I mean you'll just be waffling like no tomorrow :eek:

But sure, I suppose if ye want to oil up the bell curve for us :pac:[/quote

But sure it constantly comes up as an essay question? Easily the most common essay question. Add a bit of Terrence o neill, outlines the process of choosing Coleraine and then why it was controversial. I wrote a full essay on it in the mocks and I don't see why they would keep asking it as a full essay on its own if it wasn't possible no?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Awks.. This is like walking into a local pub and everyone pauses mid drink to stare at 'yer one'.. ' who does she think she is..? this is our turf!' sorry guys ahah

....What kinda pubs do you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Buy us all a pint and you're welcome to stay :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

You're welcome here, we'll be your 'leavingcert solutions" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

another accounting post, I apologize :pac:

in cash flow statements, is there some rule to make sure you don't leave anything out in the Reconciliation of operating profit? Or do you just learn off what goes into it, it's probably a silly question, but I am trying to cover it myself as my teacher never really did :rolleyes:

Poliana.xo wrote: »

in cash flow statements, is there some rule to make sure you don't leave anything out in the Reconciliation of operating profit? Or do you just learn off what goes into it, it's probably a silly question, but I am trying to cover it myself as my teacher never really did :rolleyes:

Well you'll know if your right at the end if you do the reconciliation of net cash flow to movement in net debt and it works out correct. If not, subtract the difference and it should equal your missing entry, provided everything else is right.

Aspiring wrote: »
    Well you'll know if your right at the end if you do the reconciliation of net cash flow to movement in net debt and it works out correct. If not, subtract the difference and it should equal your missing entry, provided everything else is right.

Thanks, I'll just hope I don't make silly mistakes :p Cash flow is my absolute weakness, hate it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Thanks, I'll just hope I don't make silly mistakes :p Cash flow is my absolute weakness, hate it :(

Let's all pray for Suspense, Tabular, or Service/Club. :pac:

Learning off where everything goes and figuring out bank, p+l and all that is a lot of effort. At least we'll know at the end whether we messed it up or not :)

• Advertisement

Is accounting hard or do you just have to be really anal about the whole thing to do well? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Sure thing! Shots all round :P I live in the sticks, we're not exactly spoilt for choice on the pub front. Nearest decent, young bar is a €25 taxi away *ouch!* we make do with the local!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

You know, sometimes I think we should just ask a mod to merge this with the elusive accounting thread :pac:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Is accounting hard or do you just have to be really anal about the whole thing to do well? :P

I think accounting is a nice subject if you have any ability or interest at all.. It's not too hard either, just very time consuming, and needs attention to detail :P After all I think it's the subject with most As? Correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I keep having lil panic attacks every now and then im so sick of this ****

It's easy if you know what you're doing and why, but then again so is everything. Practice is key for accounting.

Think applied maths has most A's, simply because if you're doing it, then you really must have an interest and are hoping to do well in it. But accounting is fine if you keep working, but if you don't do an account for a while you tend to mix things up. So it requires consistency and commitment really, hoping to get an A1 in it myself :) some people hate accounting tho. If you don't do homework or practice questions, you're gonna have a bad time. That's what happens to these people.

Think applied maths has most A's, simply because if you're doing it, then you really must have an interest and are hoping to do well in it. But accounting is fine if you keep working, but if you don't do an account for a while you tend to mix things up. So it requires consistency and commitment really, hoping to get an A1 in it myself :) some people hate accounting tho. If you don't do homework or practice questions, you're gonna have a bad time. That's what happens to these people.

"These people"? :P

From a class of 20 in 5th year we went to a class of 15, 5 of which do ordinary :pac: some people simply couldn't cope with actually having to do the homework to understand what was going on in class. So really, accounting isn't for lazy people :pac:

That's my way of saying I'm not lazy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Think applied maths has most A's, simply because if you're doing it, then you really must have an interest and are hoping to do well in it.

Tbh I've heard quite the opposite. Many of my friends do it and aside from one, who happens to be a mathlete, everyone hates/doesn't do great in it.

• Advertisement

"These people"? :P

Me. :o

Haven't done any work since 5th year. Tried a few Sole Trader's recently and I've no idea where it went wrong but I'm confident I will get it right on the day when the pressure is on.

Tbh I've heard quite the opposite. Many of my friends do it and aside from one, who happens to be a mathlete, everyone hates/doesn't do great in it.

You should only do it if you really really like maths, otherwise it's a nightmare apparently.

You should only do it if you really really like maths, otherwise it's a nightmare apparently.

Most of these people love maths and got A's in the JC which makes it quite scary. But yeah obviously, don't choose a subject, which clearly has 'maths' written in it, if you don't like maths.

Most of these people love maths and got A's in the JC which makes it quite scary. But yeah obviously, don't choose a subject, which clearly has 'maths' written in it, if you don't like maths.

To be fair JC maths is a dawdle compared to the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

From a class of 20 in 5th year we went to a class of 15, 5 of which do ordinary :pac: some people simply couldn't cope with actually having to do the homework to understand what was going on in class. So really, accounting isn't for lazy people :pac:

That's my way of saying I'm not lazy ;)

Class of about 20, about 12 do OL and of the 8ish people who do HL around 5 get grinds.
    No fault of the subject however, all down to my lovely teacher who decided to give up being an accountant to become a teacher (who hasnt yet done her teaching exams!) also we were her FIRST EVER CLASS. "Should we give the leaving certs the accounting teacher whose been here years or the unqualified retard?" Somehow they decided on the retard.
    But hey, im not bitter.......

F*ck i hate her, rant over

When I remember how stressed I was about the JC.. :pac: I think I was studying more at this stage than I am now :rolleyes:

To be fair JC maths is a dawdle compared to the LC.

Oddly, I think I would've found the old course easier. I know there were more topics, but in the JC, I loved the idea of knowing what was coming up on each question. Now some topics might not appear at all.

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Class of about 20, about 12 do OL and of the 8ish people who do HL around 5 get grinds.
    No fault of the subject however, all down to my lovely teacher who decided to give up being an accountant to become a teacher (who hasnt yet done her teaching exams!) also we were her FIRST EVER CLASS. "Should we give the leaving certs the accounting teacher whose been here years or the unqualified retard?" Somehow they decided on the retard.
    But hey, im not bitter.......

F*ck i hate her, rant over

Ouch :confused: Yeah my teacher isn't great either, but at least she has experience :eek: It's horrible, for me accounting and maths are the only subjects you actually really really need decent teachers for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ouch :confused: Yeah my teacher isn't great either, but at least she has experience :eek: It's horrible, for me accounting and maths are the only subjects you actually really really need decent teachers for.

No.
    Irish
    Geography
    French/German
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Applied Maths

I'm sure there's more...

• Advertisement

Languages in my opinion too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement