Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone here planning to go to Limerick?

(Said I'd ask that instead of talking about the LC - I can't be the only one pure sick of talking about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

marno21 wrote: »

(Said I'd ask that instead of talking about the LC - I can't be the only one pure sick of talking about it)

Galway hopefully :D but i have UL as my fourth choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

"Youre doing the leaving arent ya?"
    "Well hows the study goin?"
    "When is it startin?"
    "What exams are you dreading most?"

All ive heard for quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Made a few adjustments to my CAO cos the majority are over 450 points. Put in Commerce Intl with Chinese studies, UCC at 9 and Marketing in CIT at 10...just for safety :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

LoveLamps wrote: »
    "Youre doing the leaving arent ya?"
    "Well hows the study goin?"
    "When is it startin?"
    "What exams are you dreading most?"

All ive heard for quite a while

'Ah you've been studying loads you'll do great'
    'Ah you did so well in the mocks you'll be grand'
    'Ah sure you've nothing to worry about' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Anyone else starting to find it really hard to get to sleep at night..? My mind won't stop going over things and thinking about the impending doom of the exams and I'm losing sleep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

aleatorio wrote: »
    Anyone else starting to find it really hard to get to sleep at night..? My mind won't stop going over things and thinking about the impending doom of the exams and I'm losing sleep :pac:

Yeah, with me it's all the stuff I've learned flowing around in my head. "It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time." At 2 am I don't want to be reciting poetry in my mind.

Aspiring wrote: »
    Yeah, with me it's all the stuff I've learned flowing around in my head. "It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time." At 2 am I don't want to be reciting poetry in my mind.

Hahahah XD

Yeah it's terrible, I haven't slept before 1/2am all week :(

I'd love to be like that...but unfortunately I'm awake at 2AM thinking about what I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Try a relaxing meldodies/white noise app. They were on about it on 2fm one night a few weeks ago so I said I'd try it. Anything that can put me to sleep will surely work with 99.9% of people so it's worth a shot

• Advertisement

Try a relaxing meldodies/white noise app. They were on about it on 2fm one night a few weeks ago so I said I'd try it. Anything that can put me to sleep will surely work with 99.9% of people so it's worth a shot

I listen to white noise when I study sometimes so I think that'll just keep me awake even more :pac:

aleatorio wrote: »
    I listen to white noise when I study sometimes so I think that'll just keep me awake even more :pac:
    Never thought of doing that :)

The phone will have to be put on flight mode tho, it's an awful distraction

These predictions are driving me mad! Some i desperately hope are true and some quite the opposite.
    Some girl on twitter is predicting larkin to appear and no heaney or dickinson and macbeth to be on banquo (tbh i think banquo could happen although id say it would be vague ish and might mention macduff)
    And essentialfrenchcork are predicting racism, materislism and role of women in politcs which i would leeerv

LoveLamps wrote: »
    These predictions are driving me mad! Some i desperately hope are true and some quite the opposite.
    Some girl on twitter is predicting larkin to appear and no heaney or dickinson and macbeth to be on banquo (tbh i think banquo could happen although id say it would be vague ish and might mention macduff)
    And essentialfrenchcork are predicting racism, materislism and role of women in politcs which i would leeerv

If we've learned anything from the past, it's that these predictions aren't reliable :D Over the past 15 years, Macbeth has been up many times. People are always predicting lady Macbeth and banquo, yet it has been Macbeth every time.

As long as we know plenty of quotes and have a general understanding of the play we shall be grand :) thats what im telling myself anyway lol

I've only got Heaney and Dickinson revised/quotes written out.....should I add in Yeats, Bishop or Plath?

I've only got Heaney and Dickinson revised/quotes written out.....should I add in Yeats, Bishop or Plath?

Yeats

I'd love a bit of Yeats. What's your order of preference for the poets actually boardsies?

For me it's:
    1. Yeats
    2. Dickinson
    3. Plath
    4. Bishop
    5. Heaney

I don't dislike Heaney just prefer the others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

I wish! First choice but all hopes of getting it long gone out the window

What you planning to do there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Yeast

• Advertisement

I'd love a bit of Yeats. What's your order of preference for the poets actually boardsies?

For me it's:
    1. Yeats
    2. Dickinson
    3. Plath
    4. Bishop
    5. Heaney

The only one I enjoy is Heaney..completely despise of the rest!

Plath is my favourite but doubt she will come up.

The only one I enjoy is Heaney..completely despise of the rest!

Do we need to take this outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

For me it's:
    1. Yeats
    2. Dickinson
    3. Plath
    4. Bishop
    5. Heaney

Mine is:

1. Dickinson
    2. Plath
    3. Larkin
    4. Bishop

The rest can go die/die again.

Yeats is a genius though! I Love september 1913 and Easter 1916

MrAweesome wrote: »
    Yeats is a genius though! I Love september 1913 and Easter 1916

They're the two worst things ever.

I like September 1913. Easter 1916 is some effort tho. Sailing to Byzantium is good too.

I like September 1913. Easter 1916 is some effort tho. Sailing to Byzantium is good too.

Actually Sailing to Byzantium is the worst thing ever.

God, I hate Yeats.

If he comes up and i had to write about him, i would only do them 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

MrAweesome wrote: »
    Yeast is a genius though! I Love september 1913 and Easter 1916

FYP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement