Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's highly illegal.

My accounting teacher dors the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Our chemistry teacher is brilliant. We covered the course halfway through fifth year, we've done all the exam papers and she'll help us with any other problems we have if we ask her to, even doing what no teachers do - staying back after class to give help :eek:

And she offered free grinds to us if we need them :)

If it wasn't for her I'd probably be so sh*t at chemistry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Our chemistry teacher is brilliant. We covered the course halfway through fifth year, we've done all the exam papers and she'll help us with any other problems we have if we ask her to, even doing what no teachers do - staying back after class to give help :eek:

And she offered free grinds to us if we need them :)

If it wasn't for her I'd probably be so sh*t at chemistry :pac:

Mine's ****e, she gave us a load of wrong definitions and everything. Had to teach myself most of the course.

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Mine's ****e, she gave us a load of wrong definitions and everything. Had to teach myself most of the course.

That's not good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

I think this post actually just stresses me out more seeing how well other people are prepared haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Sometimes I think I'd want to try teaching. Do all the things that I wish my teachers did :pac: But then I remember that I'd be stuck in a school for the rest of my life and suddenly I don't want it anymore :pac:

wallace2 wrote: »
    I think this post actually just stresses me out more seeing how well other people are prepared haha

who's well prepared? :P I'm never prepared anyways :pac:

Does anyone feel prepared....? :pac:

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    who's well prepared? :P I'm never prepared anyways :pac:

I lliterally have the bare minimum prepared for everything and keep imagining worst case scenarios where I
    can't even answer half the paper! And for Macbeth I haven't even looked at it but all ill have time to do is learn quotes and wing it. And alot of my exams ill be relying on night before study only

I lliterally have the bare minimum prepared for everything and keep imagining worst case scenarios where o can't even answer half the paper! And for Macbeth I haven't even looked at it but all ill have time to do is learn quotes and wing it. And alot of my exams ill be relying on night before study only

And whose fault is this? ;)

• Advertisement

Hotale.com wrote: »
    And whose fault is this? ;)

Never said it was anyones fault, just that I'm stressed!

well get off this! :pac: You can still do a serious amount of cramming before Wednesday :P

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    well get off this! :pac: You can still do a serious amount of cramming before Wednesday :P

This is true, see yas in a while! Haha

I'm gonna lock away my phone too! See y'all later :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

I haven't even studied yet and I don't even want to study now but I want to do well. It's nonsensical really, I'm so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I only know four poems for each poet that I've studied. Is that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

3 Days 20 Hours 59 Minutes .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is Yeats predicted?
    BauBau19 wrote: »
    3 Days 20 Hours 59 Minutes .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or.......YESSS it's nearly all over and we can actually just relax for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Or.......YESSS it's nearly all over and we can actually just relax for the summer!

Im not even close to well prepared but im so excited for them to begin just to get them out of the way. Just have positive feelings going on, dont think about worst case scenarios just assume youll get all nice fair papers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

That Eoin Jackson guys predictions for Biology scared me. Looks like it's shaping up to be a tough enough paper this year with all the difficult systems predicted to come up. He has also predicted neither plant bio or Human Reproduction will come up which seems highly unlikely as these always appear in some form in the LQ's.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    That Eoin Jackson guys predictions for Biology scared me. Looks like it's shaping up to be a tough enough paper this year with all the difficult systems predicted to come up. He has also predicted neither plant bio or Human Reproduction will come up which seems highly unlikely as these always appear in some form in the LQ's.

Just remember at the end of the day predictions are just that! No guarantees
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    Im not even close to well prepared but im so excited for them to begin just to get them out of the way. Just have positive feelings going on, dont think about worst case scenarios just assume youll get all nice fair papers:)
    I'm the same I'm not even slightly prepared but if someone offered me another month to study I wouldnt take it, just want them over! Your right, nice papers and we'll all fly it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

What's everybody's predictions for Business? We know the ABQ will be easier compared to other years, so I'd imagine the Long questions will be a bit harder. Apparently break even anyalysis is due up, which would be nice. Also Europe for question 3 is a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

need to learn the entire home ec course over the next couple of days. why must it be on the first day??????? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Anyone else here freaking out and worrying that we will all be part of the year that gets a load of controversially stupid papers? Like, for example, a question on ecology and geneitics comes up ever year on bio but this year they won't? Or, we get a question on something pants on head retarded in macbeth like "The doctor seen some pretty messed up sheet in that one scene where lady macbeth was sleep walking, comment on the furniture in this scene". All I can imagine is all the papers this year are gonna throw real curve balls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Badwulf wrote: »
    Anyone else here freaking out and worrying that we will all be part of the year that gets a load of controversially stupid papers? Like, for example, a question on ecology and geneitics comes up ever year on bio but this year they won't? Or, we get a question on something pants on head retarded in macbeth like "The doctor seen some pretty messed up sheet in that one scene where lady macbeth was sleep walking, comment on the furniture in this scene". All I can imagine is all the papers this year are gonna throw real curve balls :(

Ive been having the exact same fears! :o
    But to be honest, Im sure it's the same every year - of course the year WE do the LC will be the year it gets messed up :pac:
    But just remember the bell curve, if its all horrible papers, people still have to get As so theyll be throwing marks at us :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Badwulf wrote: »

Even if something crazy comes up, if everybody does badly on it then the marking scheme is changed. There is a bell curve every year of how many A's B's C's there is. It will be the same this year. Also, the SEC don't want bad press, so they tend not to do anything controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Aspiring wrote: »
    Even if something crazy comes up, if everybody does badly on it then the marking scheme is changed. There is a bell curve every year of how many A's B's C's there is. It will be the same this year. Also, the SEC don't want bad press, so they tend not to do anything controversial.

This. :L
    I have a feeling maths will be lovely this year, simply because of all the ****ups in last years paper :pac:

The option doesnt HAVE to come up in physics and i saw 98% of people who do the option do particle physics.. So with both of those in mind im bricking it that it wont come up :(
    Also my teacher keeps saying IF it comes up, hes noy even confident about it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

LoveLamps wrote: »
    The option doesnt HAVE to come up in physics and i saw 98% of people who do the option do particle physics.. So with both of those in mind im bricking it that it wont come up :(
    Also my teacher keeps saying IF it comes up, hes noy even confident about it!

Has it ever not come up?

The physics paper tends to be heavy on modern physics altogether, it would be very controversial if the option didn't come up.

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »

2009 physics q1. They described the exp to calculate g by using the electromagnet and trap door method. Meaning students whi had done it yhe picket fence way (inuding myself) couldnt answer it properly. My teacher said fhere was a ****storm that year over it
    Mind you the guy setting the exam has since been changed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement