Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

LoveLamps wrote: »
    2009 physics q1. They described the exp to calculate g by using the electromagnet and trap door method. Meaning students whi had done it yhe picket fence way (inuding myself) couldnt answer it properly. My teacher said fhere was a ****storm that year over it
    Mind you the guy setting the exam has since been changed

Thankfully we've done it the trap door method :D also there's 3 other exp questions so I'm sure they had a go at them :) about what you were saying about the optional question, I can't imagine it not coming up. Even if it happened, there's still be other questions you could answer.

I can't see anything to do with a spectrometer coming up this year, apparently a lot of schools don't have them as they are quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

To be honest I think we're all building it up far too much in our heads, what with the 'Banquo/Macduff' obsession and worrying about the Physics option not coming up -
    LADS/LASSES!
    We'll be fine!! :D
    Positive attitudes are needed around here, we're all stressed enough as it is without worrying about things that have a 0.001% chance happening - who knows, maybe this year we'll get lovely nice papers and all shall be well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Does anyone here know what the average is for the construction and engineering projects and day one practicals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The Leaving is not all its cracked up to be lads, calm down! It's very uneventful and anti climatic really, take it from someone who did it last year!
    Yeah it's stressful but you'd be surprised how much stuff comes back to you on the day!

And if it all goes wrong you can try again next year. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I only know four poems for each poet that I've studied. Is that enough?

No at least 5

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    And if it all goes wrong you can try again next year. :P

That's a lot of the reason we get stressed, we don't want to have to do it again next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    No at least 5

Our teacher told us 4 was ok :pac:

Badwulf wrote: »
    Our teacher told us 4 was ok :pac:

People have wrote A1 essays on 3, but you'd have to be really, really good. Same in a lesser way with 4 I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Aspiring wrote: »
    Thankfully we've done it the trap door method :D also there's 3 other exp questions so I'm sure they had a go at them :) about what you were saying about the optional question, I can't imagine it not coming up. Even if it happened, there's still be other questions you could answer.

I can't see anything to do with a spectrometer coming up this year, apparently a lot of schools don't have them as they are quite expensive.

You can do it the laser method too
    Im hoping last years paper was the start of a trend, lovely paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

4 will have to do haha! Haven't the time to be learning more with all the Macbeth i need to learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

4 will have to do haha! Haven't the time to be learning more with all the Macbeth i need to learn

My teacher said learn 5 to be safe but only ever write on 4, she said if you answered on 5 you wouldn't be able to give enough detail on Any of them!

LoveLamps wrote: »
    You can do it the laser method too
    Im hoping last years paper was the start of a trend, lovely paper!

Yeah it was! If you look back more than 5 years the paper appeared to be much more difficult. It could be with this STEM thing they're pushing atm to try get people into science (in particular girls). Easier exams means more people will do physics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Badwulf wrote: »
    Does anyone here know what the average is for the construction and engineering projects and day one practicals?

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Const_Studies_2009.pdf go down to the practical skills test on pg. 25, there's a breakdown of marks from 2007-2009, that's all I could find.

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Engineering_Chief_2011_Chief_Examiners_Report.pdf Same story with engineering, just browse through it and find what you're looking for. I don't have a clue what most of it is on about because I don't do engineering :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If English paper 2 is nice to me, it'll give me confidence in other exams and I'll do well with the night-before cramming :pac:

wallace2 wrote: »
    My teacher said learn 5 to be safe but only ever write on 4, she said if you answered on 5 you wouldn't be able to give enough detail on Any of them!

The rule I tend to do by is talk about and quote from 4 poems, and then refer to one or two others just to show that you studied 5/6 :pac:

This thread has over 600 posts more than the JC one has, and this thread was only made two weeks ago :pac:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    This thread has over 600 posts more than the JC one has, and this thread was only made two weeks ago :pac:

That means JC's are studying more than us.. Wow.

Did anyone even bother studying for the JC?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Total posts in the 5th year thread: 1,272
    My posts alone in our first OT: 1,371

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

We 5th years have some sort of a life

• Advertisement

I've 310 (now 311) in this one.... D:

I really need to burn my phone or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

OiOshawott wrote: »
    We 5th years have some sort of a life

ye'll miss it this time next year :pac:

Did anyone even bother studying for the JC?

I did :o
    10As and what have I got to show for it? A hape of pressure on me now to get a tonne of As in the LC :pac:
    Lesson: Do bad in the JC so your LC looks great no matter what :pac:

aleatorio wrote: »
    I did :o
    10As and what have I got to show for it? A hape of pressure on me now to get a tonne of As in the LC :pac:
    Lesson: Do bad in the JC so your LC looks great no matter what :pac:

Ah Christ, 10 As!?!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

a0ifee wrote: »
    ye'll miss it this time next year :pac:
    :( Let me live in dreamland please, I'm trying to forget that I'll be a 6th year in September.

Ah Christ, 10 As!?!! :pac:

And a B in Irish :pac: :pac:

I swear I studied more for the JC tbh.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I'm not repeating even if I get 5 points. I admire people who do but I am not doing this year again haha!

And a B in Irish :pac: :pac:

I swear I studied more for the JC tbh.. :o

A guy in my year got As in everything besides technology because we weren't technically insured to do the practical in our classroom :pac:

A guy in my year got As in everything besides technology because we weren't technically insured to do the practical in our classroom :pac:

The B in Irish will haunt me forever, the slagging was immense :pac:

• Advertisement

The B in Irish will haunt me forever, the slagging was immense :pac:

Are you going for 625 in the leaving? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement