Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

My teacher thinks 2 soils and 1 biome is going to come up... But I've seen so many people say the opposite! What do yous think this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

aleatorio wrote: »
    And staples in the song :pac:

Soon our souls will have moments of escape from this anguish, be bursting all the doors and dancing like bombs ;)

This is some serious study weather, the amount of snaps of bbq from friends who are in college.. :mad:

Should a geocology:biome(climate,soil,flora fauna)really be six pages?....

With 10/12 words a line...I struggle to get over three.
    Are they clueless or am I clueless?

6 pages!? No way..
    You really shouldn't have more than 3 lines per SRP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

courtney95 wrote: »
    My teacher thinks 2 soils and 1 biome is going to come up... But I've seen so many people say the opposite! What do yous think this year?

Jim carberry? :P

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Jim carberry? :P

Yes! You have him too? :p

• Advertisement

6 pages!? No way..

It could even be two lines , or one statistic could count as an SRP. one paragrpahy could be about 20 lines and you could get full marks in it

Yes! You have him too? :p

Yes! haha my other least favourite teacher after frank god his notes are so messsy some of the geoecology essays dont even make sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

6 pages!? No way..

3 lines for an SRP? :eek: If you don't enter into bullsh*t in Geoecology, they're apparently generous enough with SRP's according to my teacher anyway. If you start waffling though and they have to trawl through rubbish to pick out marks don't expect any favours. Actually, this goes for the whole Geography exam.

In my Geoecolgy essays, the longest SRP I have is 5 lines and the shortest is 6 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

And people give out when the accounting people start talking .... gerography heads are just as bad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Soon our souls will have moments of escape from this anguish, be bursting all the doors and dancing like bombs ;)

This is some serious study weather, the amount of snaps of bbq from friends who are in college.. :mad:

But then the horror will welcome us again :(

• Advertisement

Yes! haha my other least favourite teacher after frank god his notes are so messsy some of the geoecology essays dont even make sense to me

Oh god mine too! Is it just me or was he the slowest person ever at teaching!? The other geography classes were on the electives while we were still in the physical geography

thelad95 wrote: »
    3 lines for an SRP? :eek: If you don't enter into bullsh*t in Geoecology, they're apparently generous enough with SRP's according to my teacher anyway. If you start waffling though and they have to trawl through rubbish to pick out marks don't expect any favours. Actually, this goes for the whole Geography exam.

In my Geoecolgy essays, the longest SRP I have is 5 lines and the shortest is 6 words.

Well like it depends, ' Brown earth soils are zonal soils, they are found in regions with cool temperate oceanic climates. They are common in ireland in places such as north ulster and southeast leister.'
    Thats 3 lines but Id say about 2 SRP's

Yeah definitely no more than 3! Like 1/2 lines is the ideal amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

How all countries depend on each other :pac: international aid, fair trade, sustainable development, and for some reason environmental issues like deforestation and desertification..

Although if deforestation comes up I will be the happiest, it overlaps so much with regional Brazil :P

Sounds kind of interesting :p

I remember the moment of relief after I handed up Economics last year(last exam). Step outside, it's 25 degrees. Hop in the car, drive home and...... sleep :rolleyes:

It is a bit of an anti-climax when you finish but as with all things like that, it's in the days after you finish when you really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I remember the moment of relief after I handed up Economics last year(last exam). Step outside, it's 25 degrees. Hop in the car, drive home and...... sleep :rolleyes:

It is a bit of an anti-climax when you finish but as with all things like that, it's in the days after you finish when you really appreciate it.
    With the terror of last year's Economics exam I'm not surprised it was an anti-climax. I don't even do it but I heard it was a horror. :pac:

robman60 wrote: »
    With the terror of last year's Economics exam I'm not surprised it was an anti-climax. I don't even do it but I heard it was a horror. :pac:

It was horrible but looking back on it, it was still ok if you knew your stuff but they really reached into the deepest, darkest crevices of the course.

Last years economics was terrible :rolleyes: Gives me hope for a nice paper this year. What do you think the factor of production will be? I'll cry if it's land :rolleyes:

Last years economics was terrible :rolleyes: Gives me hope for a nice paper this year. What do you think the factor of production will be? I'll cry if it's land :rolleyes:

I've a feeling it will be Land what with the rising property prices in Dublin and what not. I'd love Capital personally. Enterprise is by far the worst imo.

I've a feeling it will be Land what with the rising property prices in Dublin and what not. I'd love Capital personally. Enterprise is by far the worst imo.

I think capital would be gorgeous, wouldn't mind enterprise too much, land would be horrible, and labour is the worst :P International trade, money and banking or costs would be lovely too. Think elasticity will be big this year, just hope it's a nice question :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think capital would be gorgeous, wouldn't mind enterprise too much, land would be horrible, and labour is the worst :P International trade, money and banking or costs would be lovely too. Think elasticity will be big this year, just hope it's a nice question :rolleyes:

I've a feeling it will be uses of Elasticity eg for the Minister of Finace, businessmen etc. I also think something on inflation and the Consumer Price Index will come up.

I love trade and National Income. Any other macro topics can f*ck off :p

Would you get any marks for workings in say club or service accounts? Like the way you do in Q1? I never usually bother doing them all out but maybe I should? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

I'm not here to bitch or moan, but is anyone else feeling complacent as ****? I got 500 points in the mocks and I only need 400 for the course I want to do. I probably did more study for my 2nd year Christmas exams...

Jones82 wrote: »
    I'm not here to bitch or moan, but is anyone else feeling complacent as ****? I got 500 points in the mocks and I only need 400 for the course I want to do. I probably did more study for my 2nd year Christmas exams...

I'm kinda the opposite. I got 510 in the mocks just studying the night before and I've been studying a good bit for the real deal and don't think I'll get the 450 I'm aiming for. :(

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I'm kinda the opposite. I got 510 in the mocks just studying the night before and I've been studying a good bit for the real deal and don't think I'll get the 450 I'm aiming for. :(

I feel the same :( I studied the night before the mocks and got 570 and I'm doubting the real thing will go as well :pac:

I feel the same :( I studied the night before the mocks and got 570 and I'm doubting the real thing will go as well :pac:

But you're obviously a genius! :pac:

You got 510 from studying night before?:eek:

what??? photographic memory me thinks

You got 510 from studying night before?:eek:

Everything I studied came up! I was actually so lucky! :pac:

• Advertisement

But you're obviously a genius! :pac:

I am most definitely not :pac: :pac:
    I've just a good short term memory XD
    what??? photographic memory me thinks

Well like I've done v.well in all exams since 5th year so I was averaging above those points already :pac:
    Just a good short term memory and study methods :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement