Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We had the most horrible marker for English P2 in the mocks. I had the highest in the class with 69% (giggity). Got 47/70 in comparative having never got below 58 in the three years I've done English. Also got 31/60 for Lady Macbeth although I had feck all quotes and poor topic sentences but it still merited at least a B in my eyes.

As for feckin Geoecology: What would I be if I was attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Fair play :p Didn't even think they played hurling in Mayo tbh :pac:
    The seniors lost to Kerry in Christy Ring semi-final, so it's there.

Unfortunately, football is and probably always will be the dominant sport here. I'd rather watch an under-12 hurling club match than senior football to be honest. No comparison in class and style between the two games! :cool:

robman60 wrote: »

Unfortunately, football is and probably always will be the dominant sport here. I'd rather watch an under-12 hurling club match than senior football to be honest. No comparison in class and style between the two games! :cool:

That's a bit pervy to be honest......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

robman60 wrote: »

Losing to Kerry in hurling? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

thelad95 wrote: »
    We had the most horrible marker for English P2 in the mocks. I had the highest in the class with 69% (giggity). Got 47/70 in comparative having never got below 58 in the three years I've done English. Also got 31/60 for Lady Macbeth although I had feck all quotes and poor topic sentences but it still merited at least a B in my eyes.

As for feckin Geoecology: What would I be if I was attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis?

I was the same, did so disappointingly in the mocks, I got a C1 having previously only ever gotten As for the last 6 years :(
    Im finding it hard to get my confidence in English back now, I put my all into my mock and that happened :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

aleatorio wrote: »
    I was the same, did so disappointingly in the mocks, I got a C1 having previously only ever gotten As for the last 6 years :(
    Im finding it hard to get my confidence in English back now, I put my all into my mock and that happened :confused::confused:

Stay positive :) Under stress you do a lot better than you think you will, even if you dont think you know very much going into a big exam a lot of it comes back to you. I didnt study for the macbeth section in the mock and got 47/60 I only used like about 7 quotes in it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 stevemanu

I'm trying to cram a bit of Heaney here at the minute. The five poems we did are:
    A constable calls
    The underground
    Sunlight
    The forge
    A call

Usually for poetry I use three themes in an answer and talk about 4-5 poems with regard those. Varies from question to question obviously but that's the kind of blueprint I like to use. I'm struggling to find 3 distinct themes for these 5 though.

So what will I do ? How are people preparing Heaney ?

stevemanu wrote: »
    I'm trying to cram a bit of Heaney here at the minute. The five poems we did are:
    A constable calls
    The underground
    Sunlight
    The forge
    A call

Usually for poetry I use three themes in an answer and talk about 4-5 poems with regard those. Varies from question to question obviously but that's the kind of blueprint I like to use. I'm struggling to find 3 distinct themes for these 5 though.

Sunlight and constable calls - Memory, childhood - association with people(his aunt and father) and place(his childhood home)
    The forge- poetic imagination
    Idk about the others I didnt do those

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

stevemanu wrote: »
    A constable calls
    The underground
    Sunlight
    The forge
    A call

The themes I use for heaey are love/admiration and memory/retrospect/history
    But we do different poems, the ones we do are
    A Constable Calls
    The Forge
    Mossbawn
    Harvest Bow
    The Skunk

I always talk about language (accessible and informal) onomatopoeia (lots of it in the poems we did) and imagery when I talk about heaney too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Hey whoever posted here earlier about the creditors control account did you find the answer? I can help if needed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

How do you guys actually study comparative/macbeth/poetry? Write out quotes? Make essay plans? Write essays?

LoveLamps wrote: »
    How do you guys actually study comparative/macbeth/poetry? Write out quotes? Make essay plans? Write essays?

I honestly dont benefit at all from reading sample essays or notes or whatever so I just learn quotes for all three :pac:

Aspiring wrote: »
    Hey whoever posted here earlier about the creditors control account did you find the answer? I can help if needed :)

Yes thanks!
    Are you doing short qs too?
    All im doing is control,cashflow,farm,service,revaluation

For comparative, I have all the points under 7 headings written on flashcards. I revise these then go to exam papers and do out a few plans and write an intro and conclusion.

For macbeth, I have all the aspects of Lady Macbeth and Macbeth written out on flashcards and I review these regularly. I still have to do the other characters and Kingship.

For poetry... I cry and pray a nice Q on Heaney comes up. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Yes thanks!
    Are you doing short qs too?
    All im doing is control,cashflow,farm,service,revaluation

Yeah for section 1 we only do the 60 mark questions. We've done all of them so should have a choice on the day :) you pretty much have everything there. If you can do service you can do club aswell, and if you can do revaluation you can do depreciation so you're well covered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Theres seems to be a new post every 2mins! I keep getting the notifications :) Its good to see though

Theres seems to be a new post every 2mins! I keep getting the notifications :) Its good to see though

Isitthough? :p :pac:

I've a feeling we'll reach 10000 by the end of the month. This place tends to explode with new accounts during the LC and there's us regulars who have clocked up something like 1200 posts in 24 hours :rolleyes:

I've a feeling we'll reach 10000 by the end of the month. This place tends to explode with new accounts during the LC and there's us regulars who have clocked up something like 1200 posts in 24 hours :rolleyes:

Surely not that much? :eek:

Surely not that much? :eek:

Slight exaggeration since 17:25 yesterday we've clocked up 783 exactly. I don't know I made that number up as well :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

aleatorio wrote: »

Join the club :( I got 61 in my english mock and it was the highest in our class and we're a class that usually have a good few a's and b's .
    At this stage thinking I probably won't count English :/ so disheartened with it

Slight exaggeration since 17:25 yesterday we've clocked up 783 exactly. I don't know I made that number up as well :o

I'd expect better from you.

For comparative, I have all the points under 7 headings written on flashcards. I revise these then go to exam papers and do out a few plans and write an intro and conclusion.

For macbeth, I have all the aspects of Lady Macbeth and Macbeth written out on flashcards and I review these regularly. I still have to do the other characters and Kingship.

For poetry... I cry and pray a nice Q on Heaney comes up. :(

Yeah i have flashcards on macbeth points on the front quotes on the back
    Poetry i have notes written out
    Comparative i have notes
    But i dont know where to go from here.. Suppose il make essay plans

I'd expect better from you.

That's what she said :(

I think ill do heaney on the day now
    Still covering dickinson and yeats though

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

I think ill do heaney on the day now
    Still covering dickinson and yeats though

Im gunna do heaney on the day too and study dickinson and bishop now

That's what she said :(

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Add me on snapchat I'm bored and procrastinating :pac: :pac: Leeeiiaa

Do people think this is genuine? :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057221513

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Someone posted about business topics there....know debt equity down to a tee. Key-rutial

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement