Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Soccer players, MacBeth quotes and IT crowd quotes all mixed together ... hopefully they won't all appear in your answers! :p
    thelad95 wrote: »
    Of course you can make them up just make sure they're plausible. As Oscar Wilde once said "Lies,damn lies and statistics"
    He didn't, Mark Twain did. ;)
    thelad95 wrote: »
    Do people think this is genuine? :rolleyes:
    No.

Striving, rise the tone of some of those jokes a tad, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Soccer players, MacBeth quotes and IT crowd quotes all mixed together ... hopefully they won't all appear in your answers! :p

He didn't, Mark Twain did. ;)

No.

Striving, rise the tone of some of those jokes a tad, please.

Is this like your nightly check-up on us or something :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Anyone who thinks dickinson or heaney coming up this year is a fool, I have a feeling in my gut the SEC will throw us a curve ball and make doctor seuss come up here, spent a good bit cramming him last night, his quotes leave me weak in the knees "And they'll play noisy games like zoozit and kazay, a rollerskate type of lacrosse and croquet!"

aleatorio wrote: »
    Is this like your nightly check-up on us or something :pac: :pac:
    Lights off in 10 minutes! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Does Wednesday feel like ages away for anyone else? :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

After almost two years, it's finally time for me to sign off from boards for once.
    It's hit me now, only two days left and I've done sweet fuck all since since September 2012.
    Goodbye everybody and best of luck in all your exams.

49433480.jpg

I shall see you all after Art History...if I can remember my password.

Edit: Randall, you may be wondering why I made you go through the trouble of clearing my access if I was just going to quit for 3 weeks..ah..you see..that was stupid of me :o err...but I've thought of something that sounds reasonable! I only plan on coming back here after Art History to talk about some exams. I still have 2 exams in the space of a week after that..so yeah..sorry :p

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Edit: Randall, you may be wondering why I made you go through the trouble of clearing my access if I was just going to quit for 3 weeks..ah..you see..that was stupid of me :o err...but I've thought of something that sounds reasonable! I only plan on coming back here after Art History to talk about some exams. I still have 2 exams in the space of a week after that..so yeah..sorry :p
    Lug! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The first week is my toughest week..I've got English P1&2 (Paper 2 will either destroy me or give me confidence), Geography (can bull**** but still geoecology and a damn long paper) and then maths paper 1 (which I'm alright for after a 7hr maths revision course today). 2nd week I've a half week again and then 4-5 days off before my last 2 on the Monday! So thinking about it, it's actually not that long

The first week is my toughest week..I've got English P1&2 (Paper 2 will either destroy me or give me confidence), Geography (can bull**** but still geoecology and a damn long paper) and then maths paper 1 (which I'm alright for after a 7hr maths revision course today). 2nd week I've a half week again and then 4-5 days off before my last 2 on the Monday! So thinking about it, it's actually not that long

After this week it gets so spread out for me. I've maths paper 2 next week, and then nothing but pass subjects until Tuesday fortnight. The cramming for chemistry is gonna be gas! (That pun actually wasn't intended :o)

Hotale.com wrote: »
    After this week it gets so spread out for me. I've maths paper 2 next week, and then nothing but pass subjects until Tuesday fortnight. The cramming for chemistry is gonna be gas! (That pun actually wasn't intended :o)

Practically all my exams are gonna be riding on night-before cramming of short notes that I prepared a week or so ago! Good luck! Decent punditry as well. I give it a 9/10 for flowing into the topic

• Advertisement

Practically all my exams are gonna be riding on night-before cramming of short notes that I prepared a week or so ago! Good luck! Decent punditry as well. I give it a 9/10 for flowing into the topic

I really should leave here for the next 2 days... :pac:

I really should leave here for the next 2 days... :pac:

Nah I'll be back to see people's thoughts on English paper 2 :rolleyes:

Nah I'll be back to see people's thoughts on English paper 2 :rolleyes:

It'll be an absolute shîtstorm on here I'd say. :p

Do try not to go "oh, but there are 17 MacBeth quotes you could have used to illustrate that point!" when someone is having a rant, or you will be virtually emasculated! :p

Hell, if they pay Hugsie enough to find you IRL, they may dispense with the "virtual" bit! ;)

Do try not to go "oh, but there are 17 MacBeth quotes you could have used to illustrate that point!" when someone is having a rant, or you will be virtually emasculated! :p

Hell, if they pay Hugsie enough to find you IRL, they may dispense with the "virtual" bit! ;)

When did I quote Macbeth during someone's rant? :pac:

Well, I presume this is me you're talking to, I seem to be the only Macbitch here... :p

When did I quote Macbeth during someone's rant? :pac:
    I hope you read the questions on the paper more carefully! :p

I hope you read the questions on the paper more carefully! :p

I'm so confused Randy :'(

EDIT: I GET IT! :rolleyes:

Should have quoted what you were talking about, ya goose

... I seem to be the only Macbitch here... :p
    Lol, your new nick I think!

I didn't say you quoted MacBeth during someone's rant, I suggested that if people were ranting in that "shítstorm" you mentioned, popping in to tell them all the points / quotes they SHOULD have used would be unlikely to get a good response! :p

Edit: well, it was the post(s) immediately before? :p

Lol, your new nick I think!

Can you make it happen? :P
    Edit: well, it was the post(s) immediately before? :p

This place is so random that you can never assume...

Can you make it happen? :P
    If you mean username, no; I meant nickname in a more general sense.

• Advertisement

If you mean username, no; I meant nickname in a more general sense.

Should have made it my username :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

(...)

good luck in your exams. go study. right now. plenty of time after the exams to do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Guys how do you get up in the morning!!! :o was in bed for 10 I'm so cool! Following thelad95's lead and leaving... Repeating makes us boring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

My alarm went off at 8, got up, made myself a coffee, brought it up to my room, decided to lie down for 'a min', only woke up now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I cant get up either, lying in bed testing myself on quotes... wish I liked coffee cos I could really do with a caffeine boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I must bow out also, at least until English is over. Need a high grade so :) see you all soon :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Ya I think I'll follow suit. I've done surprisingly little in the last week. I'll be back to complain about terrible essay titles in a few days though.

Slán libh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Id love to repeat next year so I could drop english and maths. That would be so amazing

D'you know what? I'm gone until Wednesday evening as well. Bye everyone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Anyone from higer level maths: educate papers have more than once in logs questoons asked me to find a constant from a graph? How do you do this?
    Currently stuck on sample 1, p1, q7 part e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement