Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    D'you know what? I'm gone until Wednesday evening as well. Bye everyone :pac:

I never though I'd hear this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hotale.com wrote: »
    D'you know what? I'm gone until Wednesday evening as well. Bye everyone :pac:

Hmmm Id need to see it to believe it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Anyone from higer level maths: educate papers have more than once in logs questoons asked me to find a constant from a graph? How do you do this?
    Currently stuck on sample 1, p1, q7 part e

Here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Could the "bell curve" feck us over instead of help us?

Also why is everyone leaving? :O I just do a cycle of three hours then come here for about half an hour or an hour and repeat the process till about ten :P

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Anyone else so worried about English that they're gonna take the ordinary paper on the day? strongly thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Badwulf wrote: »
    Also why is everyone leaving? :O I just do a cycle of three hours then come here for about half an hour or an hour and repeat the process till about ten :P

Jaysus!!!!!

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Jaysus!!!!!

I've only been studying for about 3 or 4 weeks so it's not really a lot :pac: go on boards and play some good old transformice for my hour break :cool:
    Saxo wrote: »
    Anyone else so worried about English that they're gonna take the ordinary paper on the day? strongly thinking about it.

Whats there to worry about? :O If you know your poets and big long words that can reflect how much you know your english you should be fine :)

I've only been studying for about 3 or 4 weeks so it's not really a lot :pac: go on boards and play some good old transformice for my hour break :cool:

Oh hold on

a cycle of study

I was thinking cycling cycle :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Whats there to worry about? :O If you know your poets and big long words that can reflect how much you know your english you should be fine :)

Yeah that's the thing, I don't know any of the poets. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Oh hold on

a cycle of study

I was thinking cycling cycle :rolleyes::o

She strikes again :pac:

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    She strikes again :pac:

I swear! I'm smart sometimes!!!!!

No. Thats a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Is General Vision and Viewpoint most likely coming up? I dont have time to do theme and issue :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I know I said i was leaving but i'm nosy :pac:

Have my last 2 poets to get through today... Bishop and Plath... I'll obviously study both but might write an essay on one. Which one is more likely? Bishop?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Dont think bishop is on the coyrse next year plath is, so if plath came up thos year there would be essentially zero chance of her coming up next year. So next years LCs would basically only have 7 poets

Is role of men/women, wealth/poverty, value of money and religion/beliefs enough for cultural context??
    I find social class incredibly difficult and cant think of anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

is anybody else completely leaving out lipids for home ec? it came up last year on the long question so unless it comes up on a short question I highly doubt it will appear this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Dont think bishop is on the coyrse next year plath is, so if plath came up thos year there would be essentially zero chance of her coming up next year. So next years LCs would basically only have 7 poets

Is role of men/women, wealth/poverty, value of money and religion/beliefs enough for cultural context??
    I find social class incredibly difficult and cant think of anything else

Thanks... I would do 5 if I were you. I know social class seems difficult but i think it really ties the whole thing together and is often a vital part of common questions. I have setting/social class/ role of men and women/ power and money and then love and marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

oncex wrote: »
    Thanks... I would do 5 if I were you. I know social class seems difficult but i think it really ties the whole thing together and is often a vital part of common questions. I have setting/social class/ role of men and women/ power and money and then love and marriage.

Love nd marriage is a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Love nd marriage is a good one!

Said I wasn't coming back here but I had to try help a boardsie :D value of human life is another one, if it suits your texts :)

That's it I'm gone now properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyclingfever96

Hi everyone, so at the moment im doing higher level applied maths but im only barely passing.. if I drop to pass however I can get an A1 so my question is: are you able to drop to pass on the day of the exam?

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, so at the moment im doing higher level applied maths but im only barely passing.. if I drop to pass however I can get an A1 so my question is: are you able to drop to pass on the day of the exam?

Thanks in advance

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Thanks in advance

You won't get an A1 in pass with no revision whatsoever.
    Completely different course,and people who have dropped need time to adjust..
    Stick with honours. Peace my friend.

Anyone have tips for getting high marks in both the poetry and comparative question?

I know of some girls and they say theyre wearing skirts into all their exams so they can write notes on their thighs...kind of clever..examiner cant really ask them to hitch up their skirts and show him their thighs ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyclingfever96

Yep

Ok cool thank u :)

Ok thanks I was just asking just incase I change my mind :)

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I know of some girls and they say theyre wearing skirts into all their exams so they can write notes on their thighs...kind of clever..examiner cant really ask them to hitch up their skirts and show him their thighs ha

My school is cheating central, I'm pretty sure that its only me and 3 other students who are not going to cheat :confused: all the lads are writing notes on there bodies them taking off there shirts when they go to the bathroom and reading the notes in there, one lad is hiding flash cards in his socks and high top shoes, another has a plastic ball which has macbeth quotes in it and he keeps it cellotaped unto his thigh and he will check it in the bathrooms too. Only way to stop them cheating is if the examiner actually follows you into the bathroom :pac:

My school is cheating central, I'm pretty sure that its only me and 3 other students who are not going to cheat :confused: all the lads are writing notes on there bodies them taking off there shirts when they go to the bathroom and reading the notes in there, one lad is hiding flash cards in his socks and high top shoes, another has a plastic ball which has macbeth quotes in it and he keeps it cellotaped unto his thigh and he will check it in the bathrooms too. Only way to stop them cheating is if the examiner actually follows you into the bathroom :pac:

hahaha all very intricate cheating methods, creativity really shines through with regards cheating this time of the year

bb1234567 wrote: »
    hahaha all very intricate cheating methods, creativity really shines through with regards cheating this time of the year

OH I forgot the best one :P one kid is coming into each exam an hour early with one of those invisible pen marker things, he is then going to write ALL over the walls as many notes as he can with the marker and then when he needs to use the bathroom he has a UV light attached to his belt (a kinda keychain that looks like its part of his keys) and shines it all over the walls reading the notes, he done this for his mock and it somehow worked well on his end

Actually.....they always tell you its not possible, and I believed that till a friend of mind decided to drop to OL maths on the day and got an A1.....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Can someone tell me what P L C and M stand for in the marking of english?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Well this must certainly be the best timing ever for a break up... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement