Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Sausage grammar? :confused:

I couldn't stop laughing when I found out that the person who won Eurovison's translated name was "Pussy Sausage", I'm such a child :pac:

Yeah sorry was trying to do my best at having extremely poor grammar.

Ironic really about its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Endless Euphoria

Have any of you guys used study drugs? I hear they're pretty useful and I think you can get them online (might be a scam though)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Have any of you guys used study drugs? I hear they're pretty useful and I think you can get them online (might be a scam though)

Sounds like something to stay well away of!!
    Although I do believr cocaine increases your productivity

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Endless Euphoria

Doing well in the leaving cert isn't just about being a genius and studying everything on the course.

It isn't, because you can easily do very well in the leaving cert (550+) if you work consistently and just do the study. Knowledge and intelligence are two separate entities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

I was watching a documentary about steroids before and they were mentioned. It was interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

guys in the Biology isolation of Dna experiment, why is protease enzyme used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

oncex wrote: »
    guys in the Biology isolation of Dna experiment, why is protease enzyme used?

Also if asked "What plant tissue did you use?"
    The onion is the plant, whats the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

oncex wrote: »
    Also if asked "What plant tissue did you use?"
    The onion is the plant, whats the answer?

DNA is wrapped around 'spools' of protein called histones, so the protease is used to unwind the protein, but I think it would be ok just to say that it's needed cos DNA contains protein :P

Onion should be ok to say I think? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

LoveLamps wrote: »
    How much study a day should we doin ? 6/7 hours ?? I mean when we get off from school

Yeah I suppose that's reasonable right? I did 7 today but it was mostly just exam questions, I didn't learn much and feel drained - mentally, I'm not actually tired at all :pac:
    That is some serious desperation right there. Doubt most of it is productive though, 10hours of study a day is pretty much impossible I would've thought.

I managed 9 and a half hours once. I'd usually keep it below 7 hours a day though.
    thelad95 wrote: »
    I hate ABQ's though. They pretty much some up the wishy-washy nature of business.

Business looks like one of the most depressing subjects on the LC course. I'd die doing it - yet most of my year does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Wouldn't go near them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's as bad an idea as it sounds.

It's as bad an idea as it sounds.

It's a slippery slope - one day you're knocking back a mug or two of Lemsip to give you the edge, the next you're burgling houses to procure another dose of Krokodil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Annnnd the OTT index has just risen significantly! :pac:

Exactly the reason we have a friendly mod roaming around!

Berocca: Not even once.

Clearly you haven't read stories about the likes of Coffee to Crystal Kieran.'

You laugh now, but when they're clawing their way into your house in search of means to acquire "study aids", who'll be laughing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

on the how many hours of study subject..one person could do 6 hours study and another 3 hours and the person who did 3 hours could have been ten times as productive. I don't get why people are so obsessed with how many hours of study they do, doing something productive is more important than how many hours you spent! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lara_15 wrote: »
    Any accounting people have a solution for this years examcraft mock??
    Can't get my service to balance

Yes, I've got it and I've a self-worked one that balanced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Does everyone have that one day in the Leaving Cert timetable where you would prefer to board a plane to a remote desert island and never come back than go in for the exams?

For me it has to be the first Friday. Geography and Maths P1. Sick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does everyone have that one day in the Leaving Cert timetable where you would prefer to board a plane to a remote desert island and never come back than go in for the exams?

Of course! The first day :p

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Of course! The first day :p

I feel sorry for people who do Home Ec. Straight in at the deep end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

It couldn't be worse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I feel sorry for people who do Home Ec. Straight in at the deep end.

Nah, I don't do Home Ec or anything..

I just want to leave on the first day and never come back! :pac:

Very last day of the LC! (Applied Maths)

One piece of advice for everyone. Don't go out if you still have exams left. Even if you only have one exam left, stay strong. There will be other nights. Next year. In college.

Physics and accounting !! Eewwewww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

That feeling when your balance sheet balances.. #bestdayever. Accounting people will understand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Physics and accounting !! Eewwewww

Ditto that. Debating on turning up for OL physics (my only OL subject)

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    That feeling when your balance sheet balances.. #bestdayever. Accounting people will understand :pac:

If my 100 mark club or service balances I'll actually do a little dance in my seat. I might even leave the room to dance a little more. Knowing you have 100 marks in the bag would be quite amazing. Also if depreciation / revaluation / marginal / control / tabular / club / service / suspense comes up a similar but more low key dance will be had. I'm looking forward to having accounting and physics on the same day actually, two lovely subjects compared to some others :)

• Advertisement

Ditto that. Debating on turning up for OL physics (my only OL subject)

Presumably you won't be counting it then. Best option is turn up, get the paper done in the quickest amount of time possible then GTFO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement