Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

Nice prayer for exam time:

O great St. Joseph of Cupertino,
    Who by your prayers, obtained from God that you should be asked at your examination the only proposition you knew.
    Obtain for me that I may succeed like you in the examination for which I am preparing. I promise, in return, to make you known and cause you to be invoked.

Best of luck everyone, hope it goes well for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

For Macbeth if I'm prepared for Kingship, appearances Vs reality, LMB witch's and banquo do you think I'm covered ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

For paper 1 Question B do you need to refer to the text in your answer? I had a pretty good answer in the mocks but only got 35/50 because apparently I didn't refer to the text. How can you even do that in a diary entry or speech ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

I have a weird feeling that supernatural and Bishop will come up for English :P
    wallace2 wrote: »
    For Macbeth if I'm prepared for Kingship, appearances Vs reality, LMB witch's and banquo do you think I'm covered ok?

Thats basically what I have done. I did good vs evil as well, but a lot of it overlaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

All I've done for Macbeth is Lady Macbeth and Theme of Kingship, convinced myself one of then will come up :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Good luck tomorrow. It'll be over in a flash.

I'm sure you will all get your 600:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

How many pages should we do per question? I know it's about quality over quantity but still I'd like to know on average, this is for paper 2 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Hey LCers, the exams start tomorrow right? Trying to time some good luck texts tonight for my younger cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

Badwulf wrote: »
    How many pages should we do per question? I know it's about quality over quantity but still I'd like to know on average, this is for paper 2 btw

Single Text- 5 pages - 1 hour
    Comparative- 6/7 pages - 1hr 10mins
    Studied Poetry- 5 pages - 50mins
    Unseen- 1 page - 20 mins
    I normally write a but more for the unseen but then again my writing is quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Hey LCers, the exams start tomorrow right? Trying to time some good luck texts tonight for my younger cousins.

It does indeed, English paper 1 and Home Economics i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

MrAweesome wrote: »
    It does indeed, English paper 1 and Home Economics i believe.

Grand, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Time wise...my english comprehension is killing me...and my intro tends to be 5 lines.
    How would you structure a comprehension. Vocab isn't the issue,it's just avoiding waffle,and getting as much marks as possible in as little time...
    Is 45 out of 50 too much to ask?

Shat I ment to say paper 1 not paper 2 :pac: how many should we write for each question on paper ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

Badwulf wrote: »
    Shat I ment to say paper 1 not paper 2 :pac: how many should we write for each question on paper ONE
    Comprehension:
    Question A: 35-40 mins
    . 15 marks- 3 points- 3/4-1 pg
    . 20 marks- 4 points- 1-1.5 pg
    Question B: 35- 40 mins
    . 5-6 paragraphs- 2.5-3 pages

Make plans for every question, I plan in getting extra paper immediately to write my plans on so that I don't need to constantly flick back and forth.
    Read every comprehension, have ten mins for that at the beginning.

Composing- 1hr 20 mins- 5 pages
    Don't for get to write down the question, and title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

My parents took away my books, so my Boards hiatus had ended prematurely :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hotale.com wrote: »
    My parents took away my books, so my Boards hiatus had ended prematurely :o

Why did they do that?:P

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Why did they do that?:P

I did 10 hours yesterday and got a brutal headache, and they don't want it to happen again so they took my books :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I did 10 hours yesterday and got a brutal headache, and they don't want it to happen again so they took my books :p

Ahh right probably for the best you gotta take some breaks! anyway I must go catch up on my poetry which Im rightly f!cked for good luck everyone :) Paper ones easy just keep calm and youll all do great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Wait till AH hears about this! :o

Ahh right probably for the best you gotta take some breaks! anyway I must go catch up on my poetry which Im rightly f!cked for good luck everyone :) Paper ones easy just keep calm and youll all do great

See ya :p

Anyone here studying Mahon? In Grandfather is his Grandfather living in the same house as him? I was looking over it last night and couldn't figure it out...

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    Wait till AH hears about this! :o

That shopaholic wan will have a field day :pac:

Ya it's probably in your best interests to keep quiet :P

peekachoo wrote: »
    Ya it's probably in your best interests to keep quiet :P

Nah, I think I'll make a thread about it instead :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'll PM her now :pac:

Meanwhile, I too got some study done and I only posted here once in the past 36 hours :D
    I am genuinely surprised there wasn't one here already, really could be a great outlet for people suffering from depression, social anxiety etc.

Wrong thread, lad!

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    IWrong thread, lad!

Opening 15 Boards tabs at once isn't a good idea :rolleyes:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Meanwhile, I too got some study done and I only posted here once in the past 36 hours :D

The Game of Thrones thread is quiet in the grads after yesterday's episode. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CL987

Cian Hogan thinks a Macbeth questions likely!

What kind of question do you know?

Here's a pic of my project, ain't the best but it gets the job done, wasn't COMPLETLY finished at this stage either

We'll all have depression if Heaney or Dickinson don't come up on Thursday anyway, then this would be a good outlet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Decided last night that I actually want to do a course that's around 350 points instead of my previous first choice which was 530 and I cannot explain the relief that I feel. Like I wasn't going to get anywhere near my first choice anyway because I haven't studied at all but it just doesn't even matter anymore and I'm quite content. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement