Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

That Eoin Jackson fella seems weird to me, say he just reads the predictions off boards.ie and makes a video :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

I answered the last question of the Heaney comprehension all wrong, I missed the part where it said to talk about his style so I was just rambling on about parts of the text that were easy to understand and parts that weren't. Will I not get any marks at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I signed the sheet that the person brought round to write our name on in blue ink. does that matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

You know what's great? The exam booklets we are writing on are lovely. Sure the left margin is a bit thin but that's my only gripe about the booklets. The pen flows on them like a refill pad covered in a layer of some oil that somehow breaks down the speed to quality of writing ratio. Even at full speed my writing was looking damn fine. Gotta love this paper.

Also, no blotches when you rub it, magic stuff. Let's all appreciate the paper in the booklets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Guys, is anyone else's motivaton rock bottom? Today didn't go as well as I'd hoped but I'm not dwelling on it cause I can't change it now. I just feel to exhausted to actually cope with the next 2 weeks ahead though :( I feel like I've worn myself out and now all this work has been for nothing

• Advertisement

Guys, is anyone else's motivaton rock bottom? Today didn't go as well as I'd hoped but I'm not dwelling on it cause I can't change it now. I just feel to exhausted to actually cope with the next 2 weeks ahead though :( I feel like I've worn myself out and now all this work has been for nothing

Keep going for today, the worst is over tomorrow. Picture that college course or whatever you really want. Imagine being there in September doing what you most want to do. That's where I draw motivation from usually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Aspiring wrote: »
    You know what's great? The exam booklets we are writing on are lovely. Sure the left margin is a bit thin but that's my only gripe about the booklets. The pen flows on them like a refill pad covered in a layer of some oil that somehow breaks down the speed to quality of writing ratio. Even at full speed my writing was looking damn fine. Gotta love this paper.

Also, no blotches when you rub it, magic stuff. Let's all appreciate the paper in the booklets.

Told you that it was good :p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

I signed the sheet that the person brought round to write our name on in blue ink. does that matter?

A BLUE PEN? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

So so so tired! One of my teachers said they'd make me this tired but I didn't believe him..

I had a lovely nap when I came home and Im still tired! :(

Anyone elses superintendent is very very annoying? She kept talking and telling us not to even look at each other and we started 2 MINUTES LATE.. :rolleyes: Oh and she not only checked the pencil cases she actually took some pens out to make sure there was no notes hidden underneath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Anyone elses superintendent is very very annoying? She kept talking and telling us not to even look at each other and we started 2 MINUTES LATE.. :rolleyes: Oh and she not only checked the pencil cases she actually took some pens out to make sure there was no notes hidden underneath

Mine is grand. Started 2 minutes early actually.

How would anyone cheat in English P1 anyway?

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Mine is grand.

How would anyone cheat in English P1 anyway?

Yeah I was wondering too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Anyone know what came up in both higher level history mock papers this year?!!!

And what's everyone learning?

I really need the exact titles so I can see what the mock paper companies think might come up!

I want to call mine Super Nintendo Chalmers. She's a woman though and I doubt she'd get it anyway unless she watches the Simpsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography is one soul crushing subject. :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Geography is one soul crushing subject. :pac:

yes.it.is. I honestly hate it and can't wait to be done with it. It is so pointless and there is just so much bull****..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Would this sound ok for a theme/issue question?
    Opening
    Beginning-introduced to abuse of power
    Introduced further-who has power?
    Abuse of power
    Further abuse of power
    Character who challenges the theme-doesnt abuse power
    Closing

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Is three chunky main body paragraphs(3 contexts) enough for theme or issue?

yes.it.is. I honestly hate it and can't wait to be done with it. It is so pointless and there is just so much bull****..

I'm after spending the last hour learning 4 essays on different migration and god it is BS :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm using about three key moments from each text if it's theme or issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

How accurate do quotes need to be? Like say on the day I said 'can'st thou minister to a diseased mind?' instead of Can'st thou minister to a mind diseased? does it make a big difference?

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm after spending the last hour learning 4 essays on different migration and god it is BS :P

I literally only know about 4 essays for the elective, I will have a sleepless night tomorrow :(

bb1234567 wrote: »
    How accurate do quotes need to be? Like say on the day I said 'can'st thou minister to a diseased mind?' instead of Can'st thou minister to a mind diseased? does it make a big difference?

I don't think a few would make a difference :P But I would aim to have them pretty much accurate most of the time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I literally only know about 4 essays for the elective, I will have a sleepless night tomorrow :(

Maths Paper 1 after geography is nothing but cruel.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Maths Paper 1 after geography is nothing but cruel.

I am delighted with my choice to sit the ordinary paper, haven't opened a book since I moved down :P I would probably be sobbing right now if I did HL maths with geography :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I am delighted with my choice to sit the ordinary paper, haven't opened a book since I moved down :P I would probably be sobbing right now if I did HL maths with geography :pac:

I'm not even gonna bother studying for paper 1.

Friday essentially decides whether I'll get my course or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

There are only like 7 that can even come up :P

I learnt..(well I will learn tomorrow) Fossil fuels, sustainable development, conflict of interest, EU scheme( CAP) , MNC, emm what else is there oh and colonisation. i think thats it, hopefully im covered idk. Im so behind on regional geography jfc

I have a real newbie question, sorry guys. When quoting something with the american spelling such as "odor", should I quote it with that spelling, or with "odour". Typical Bishop always causing problems the rascal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

there was a mistake in the first paragraph of text 1.. "my and my"

• Advertisement

Maths and geography will have me tearing my hair out. :P

there seems to be more in human geo from the sounds of it? :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement