Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

there was a mistake in the first paragraph of text 1.. "my and my"

I don't see a problem, looks correct to me :D

I messed up on this text actually. Instead of saying "Dell did this" or "Dell did that" I was saying "Ford did this", because I didn't read the intro properly. Only happened once or twice, and think it was in the same paragraph so I shouldn't suffer too badly. You live and learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Aspiring wrote: »

Oh it actually is right. :rolleyes: What does that say about my English skills haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Must have been a backup paper, all our predictions are now null and void.

Panic panic panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

peekachoo wrote: »
    Maths and geography will have me tearing my hair out. :P

there seems to be more in human geo from the sounds of it? :o

What are you learning for human? I've got overpopulation, work permits/green cards for migrants, urban land use models, advantages and disadvantages of migration, central place theory, and problems associated with migration in the developed world learned off. Think that's enough? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Maths and geography will have me tearing my hair out. :P

there seems to be more in human geo from the sounds of it? :o

Yeah I think I'll be learning 9 or 10 for the human elective. That's if I get around to it, might just chance it with the ones most likely to come up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    What are you learning for human? I've got overpopulation, work permits/green cards for migrants, urban land use models, advantages and disadvantages of migration, central place theory, and problems associated with migration in the developed world learned off. Think that's enough? :p

Have you done migration patterns in ireland? Otherwise I've all the same migration as you done. Oh another I would recommend is to learn the historic settlements for the OS map cos if it comes up it's absolutely simple to get 30/30 in!

I'm seriously doubting my English now seeing as I thought "my and my" was a mistake :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Im not scared people!

Is it Skull who Michele tells the secret to??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

For human elective I have:
    Population density and distribution
    Irish migration patterns
    Rural to urban migration
    Overpopulation (Impacts + Causes)
    Effects of migration on donor/receiver regions
    Central place
    Land use zones in the city
    Pre-historic settlement

If two of these don't come up together I will cry

Have you done migration patterns in ireland? Otherwise I've all the same migration as you done. Oh another I would recommend is to learn the historic settlements for the OS map cos if it comes up it's absolutely simple to get 30/30 in!

Yeah I have migration patterns in Ireland done, forgot to say it :p Don't think we did historic settlements :(

Or is that the one with the ring forts and all that craic and you just have to say what era they're from and what their function was?

• Advertisement

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Im not scared people!

Is it Skull who Michele tells the secret to??

Salvatore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Yeah I have migration patterns in Ireland done, forgot to say it :p Don't think we did historic settlements :(

Oh population density and distribution too!

If you have any revision books it should probably done it's basically just looking at an OS map and saying "oh there's a court cairn, this is from this era and this is located here because..." yada yada :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Anyone else doing Engineering tomorrow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

By friday evening everythings going to be so much easier. Goegraphy, english and maths in two days literally could not be any worse though :(

I'm going to go to sleep from 3am to 10am tonight and then 3am to 8:45am tomorrow night. It's the only way I can fit all of what I need to do in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Saxo wrote: »
    Anyone else doing Engineering tomorrow??

yep cant wait!

:confused:

That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

yep cant wait!

What are you studying for it? I know the Nuclear Plant off by heart we seem to do it every 2 weeks & all the material tests but that seems to be it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Saxo wrote: »
    What are you studying for it? I know the Nuclear Plant off by heart we seem to do it every 2 weeks & all the material tests but that seems to be it :p

ye i just have to look over that once more tonight. all we have covered are questions 2,3,5,6 so i'm just doing exam papers at the moment.
    i'll get up in the early tomorrow and go through all the question 1s over the past few years as they are usually repeated

• Advertisement

ye i just have to look over that once more tonight. all we have covered are questions 2,3,5,6 so i'm just doing exam papers at the moment.
    i'll get up in the early tomorrow and go through all the question 1s over the past few years as they are usually repeated

We don't have exam papers :( I'm looking at question 1 of 2013 there and haven't seen half of this stuff before. Our teacher is very lax. :rolleyes:

Here lads can somebody tell me what is a "school roll number" or where it can be found. Trying to buy some mock papers off of examcraft and they are looking for it. Slightly cheaper than other sources so I thought I'd buy a few for the craic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I thought it was 'me and my sister's lives' :o

Any way, it's the last thing we should be worrying about right now :p
    Here lads can somebody tell me what is a "school roll number" or where it can be found. Trying to buy some mock papers off of examcraft and they are looking for it. Slightly cheaper than other sources so I thought I'd buy a few for the craic.

Google is your friend!

Search for your school's name followed by roll number. Schooldays.ie or DES website should have it.

Does your school have a website? It's at the bottom of my school's homepage under "Contact Us".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's the Department code for your school - search for your school name and 'roll number' you should find it.

Ah, I see, have it now. Thank you all.

aleatorio wrote: »
    I wrote mine to JK Rowling an just made up a London address :pac:

Tell me you wrote '4 Privet Drive' :(

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Nah, I think she wrote "wrong thread Nimrod".

Nah, I think she wrote "wrong thread Nimrod".

On purpose, actually :P

Didn't want to take the thread off topic.

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Wrong thread, lad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement