Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show: May 16th 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

We want to hear it, but we don't want to fcuking hear it on a Friday night when Graham Norton is having a great laugh on BBC 1 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Skid X wrote: »
    He kept talking like it was a job interview, why he wanted to be a TD. Then he said he didn't agree with lots of things the Government had done, and launched into this bizarre anecdote. At no point did he appear to realise he was meant to be impressing the voters of Dublin West. It was very odd.

Hadnt seen that Skid. Very bizarre... Eamonn Coughlan comes as very theatrical and false.. He's really not a very good speaker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

It's still a story to be told Harry.

Dolores needs help and needs to be heard.

An entertainment show isn't the place for this, let her talk to a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'm not sure what she has to gain by going public. As long as she and her family know the truth, is that not enough? Her children and grandchildren will have to carry this stigma as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Not sure about these people tbh but one of the worst things that the last 10 years has created under that imbecile Ahern was a culture of entitlement.
    From the buffoons retiring on millions to the people at the other end of society feeling people owe them a living.

while Bertie certainly facilitated it and grew it, the sense of greed and entitlement was always there in Irish culture - we are obsessed with owning things and always have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

LLS needs to decide whether it's a light entertainment show or what ?? This poor lady's story is certainly not in that category - not sure this is what most people want to watch for entertainment on a Friday night - Graham Norton time anyone ?

Too true I always wonder what someone arriving into Ireland for the first time and tuning into this on a friday night would make of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

This woman needs a therapist, not Ryan Tubridy.

Poor woman.

But is there are reason why she is talking about this on the LL?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hadnt seen that Skid. Very bizarre... Eamonn Coughlan comes as very theatrical and false.. He's really not a very good speaker..

Eamon should have stuck with the Kellogg's Start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think she's coming across very well, tears don't mean your an emotional mess. I'm willing to bet incest is more common than we think, consenting and forced. Good on her talking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

yeah, he reminds me of another Fine Gael celebrity candidate Graham Geraghty.

Likes the idea of being a TD, that's the only motivation to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I've a knot in my stomach watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Annabella1

A very brave lady full of integrity

Fair dues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what she has to gain by going public. As long as she and her family know the truth, is that not enough? Her children and grandchildren will have to carry this stigma as well?

why would they? they did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

ColeTrain wrote: »
    An entertainment show isn't the place for this, let her talk to a professional.[/QUOT

"her" is a lady called Dolores.....

And seldom the LLS is an entertainment show.

Sometimes the way we live in Ireland is disturbing, this is one of those stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Mumha wrote: »
    If only Joe Duffy were here....

... to ask stupid questions.

The Liveline guys on here know what I'm talking about.

Wink Wink.

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Too true I always wonder what someone arriving into Ireland for the first time and tuning into this on a friday night would make of it

I used to wonder what they made of Daytime Bingo with Shirley Temple Bar.

"Lots more misery to come. Stay with us".

Cannot wait for the World Cup.

Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Heavy stuff.
    You have to ask yourself wtf is wrong with people wanting to fcuk their own flesh and blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

MOAR TOP TIPS:

Save time posting on boards.ie
    By not finishing y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

We want to hear it, but we don't want to fcuking hear it on a Friday night when Graham Norton is having a great laugh on BBC 1 :rolleyes:

I have deflected just in time!! Has Dawn F has lost weight again????

"Lots more misery to come. Stay with us".

Will they ever do the decent thing and show this classic film after the LLS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

has it always been like this? seems all over the shop.

from pole dancing/exercise
    to property/housing issues that should be on some primetime type show
    to this womans story that i'm not sure where it should be on, a one off show maybe
    throw in music as well

eviltwin wrote: »
    why would they? they did nothing wrong.

You seem to forget that this is Ireland......people go back generations to rake up stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cannot wait for the World Cup.

Bring it on.

Ivory Coast is the handiest team for me to support, just need to reverse the flags I already have and I'm up and running.

Anybody got any news... I did something interesting today.. I bought a small lamp today and when I found that it was golfball bulb and not bayonet I hit it with a hammer... Now it is neither golfball nor bayonet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Poor woman.

But is there are reason why she is talking about this on the LL?

Maybe to let other people out there who maybe in the same position know that they are not alone, she is also highlighting the need for more support for people who have to live with similar circumstances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

LLS needs to decide whether it's a light entertainment show or what ??

Continue ?

cofy wrote: »
    Maybe to let other people out there who maybe in the same position know that they are not alone, she is also highlighting the need for more support for people who have to live with similar circumstances.

....or it could be that she has written a book and there may be a film?

ColeTrain wrote: »
    An entertainment show isn't the place for this, let her talk to a professional.[/QUOT

"her" is a lady called Dolores.....

And seldom the LLS is an entertainment show.

Sometimes the way we live in Ireland is disturbing, this is one of those stories.

Off your high horse, I'll address her as "her" because I don't know her personally.

If you're happy to watch that on a Friday night then fair enough, I'd wager most tuning in would prefer something lighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jaysus where did Tommy get the shotgun???

Anybody got any news... I did something interesting today.. I bought a small lamp today and when I found that it was golfball bulb and not bayonet I hit it with a hammer... Now it is neither golfball nor bayonet..

I'm in the SNS audience tomorrow.

I'll wave to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I saw "Paul" from "Fair City" in Blackrock Shopping "Centre" the other day.

He looked angry.

Was anybody else expecting Tubridy to burst the door in and grab the gun from Tommy Dillon in that Fair City advert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Looking forward to Tommy losing it on FC next week

I'm in the SNS audience tomorrow.

I'll wave to you all.
    How will we know it's you. You'll have to wear a hat or something

Is Mary Byrne sleeping with the DG of RTE?.....she gets an inordinate amount of airtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Roger_007 wrote: »
    You seem to forget that this is Ireland......people go back generations to rake up stuff!

So what.

I think she's right to do what she's doing. She has the permission of her kids.

Ya know, the Irish mentality is so messed up. Begrudgery everywhere, defeatist attitudes, nastiness, refusal to talk about problems, dismissiveness towards real issues, subservience. It's ridiculous. And she has a point, certain institutions (church) in this country have done a LOT of damage and a lot of people are living with really big problems. As a nation our emotional immaturity makes us wish they would just deal with this in private - be it through brushing it under the carpet or in a counselling session. Well, no. That way you're just making sure that people are suffering in silence.

How about growing up as a country? Get this stuff out there and let people get on with their lives. Let's learn from the past.

Was anybody else expecting Tubridy to burst the door in and grab the gun from Tommy Dillon in that Fair City advert?

He'd break Tommy's legs !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Right after a story bout incest in Clare the audience get a holiday for 2 to Clare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Do the High Kings just sit around the studio waiting for a chance to do a bit of filler every couple of weeks?

Jesus this is crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

They really scoured the RTE canteen for this lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Jesus after the last story Clare Coast
    hotel has no shame....

Somewhere in Dublin tonight, there's a pub that's missing Mardy Burren.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

cofy wrote: »

Incest is a taboo in Ireland cofy.

I hope Dolores gets the support she deserves.

Imagine the bravery it took her to do that interview.

When it's a film, everyone will be applauding her bravery, but she went out there and called it as it is.

Incest is a word never welcomed in any locality.

• Advertisement

This is all over the place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Was that man on the far left on X Factor? Wankner or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The wedding/funeral band has arrived

The high kings on to rescue the show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Well this is cat

• Advertisement
Advertisement