Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensory Processing Disorder

Options
  • 15-05-2014 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

Just wondering how your daughter is now? I think my daughter has spd and I would love to know how you got on.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

An occupational therapist or physiotherapist with training in sensory processing will be able to assess and treat. In my experience its usually an OT who works with sensory processing disorder and there is good improvement with appropriate treatment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi OP, first off, I've moved your post to a thread of it's own because the thread you posted in was a few years old and unlikely that the original poster of that thread is still around.

Secondly, my 4 year old has Sensory Processing Disorder and the first thing you need to do if you suspect it is apply for an Assessment of Needs through your public health nurse. You will be referred on for this and to the Early Intervention team who will work with you towards diagnosis and treatment.

As NBO says, treatment is usually with an occupational therapist.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer as best I can. It can be difficult though because children with SPD can have many different kinds and ranges of problems.

Advertisement