Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still waiting.....

Options
  • 15-05-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as myself and would be able to shed some light as to who to contact or what action should be taken.....

Passed ist and the assessment centre, still haven't heard anything as far as getting the pca yet they are advertising a new recruitment drive from the end of this month! Any opinions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

tron2000 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as myself and would be able to shed some light as to who to contact or what action should be taken.....

Passed ist and the assessment centre, still haven't heard anything as far as getting the pca yet they are advertising a new recruitment drive from the end of this month! Any opinions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Whats your AC % ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tron2000

Whats your AC % ?

I got 65% in the A.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

I wouldn't worry too much about your PCA invite for a good month or more after your AC. As regards the new campaign it'd probably do no harm to apply again (providing existing applicants from last campaign can do so) as you'll only maximise your chances. The process is slow as we all know so hopefully you'll sail through the remaining stages and be offered a place before too many hurdles of a second campaign have to be jumped.

Same as myself and Oztop ! We hopefully will hear yet, if this 478 is full, hopefully we could get a place in the next 378, but don't know if that is possible or not ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Just think the drive you're part of is on going
    Just hang on a few more months this will be on going!

• Advertisement

Clanman889 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about your PCA invite for a good month or more after your AC. As regards the new campaign it'd probably do no harm to apply again (providing existing applicants from last campaign can do so) as you'll only maximise your chances. The process is slow as we all know so hopefully you'll sail through the remaining stages and be offered a place before too many hurdles of a second campaign have to be jumped.

A month would be acceptable, I did my AC in January! Got my result for it on the 25th March and still nothing. Can't imagine I'd be able to apply again while still technically part of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

My instinct tells me the same. Can't see potential applicants being considered in the new campaign but we'll not know for a week or so. I would maybe contact them re your PCA invite as that does seem quite a delay. Not sure what number or email you'd contact them through though. *****obviously not to be posted on this forum anyway*****

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Im in the same boat as Desertcreat and Tron!! Every day feels like a week when your waiting on something!!

Im just taking my fustration out in the gym (my new fav place since we been delayed)

Im hoping to apply again if possible.

Fingers crossed we all hear soon :-) keep the head up guys :-)

Clanman889 wrote: »
    My instinct tells me the same. Can't see potential applicants being considered in the new campaign but we'll not know for a week or so. I would maybe contact them re your PCA invite as that does seem quite a delay. Not sure what number or email you'd contact them through though. *****obviously not to be posted on this forum anyway*****

Well if you come across anything as far as email addresses or numbers go feel free to send me a private mail. I personally know of three other people in my situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

I scored 65 too.

I think you can apply again. That was the case in previous campaigns. I will be unless I'm told otherwise.

It's just a waiting game......unfortunately but they seem to be working in 4-5 week batches. So some people should hear end of May/ start of June about their PCA invite.

I'll go along to the new campaign event and see what I can find out.

Would be nice to be told we don't need to apply this time round but it's never happened before

• Advertisement

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I scored 65 too.

I think you can apply again. That was the case in previous campaigns. I will be unless I'm told otherwise.

It's just a waiting game......unfortunately but they seem to be working in 4-5 week batches. So some people should hear end of May/ start of June about their PCA invite.

I'll go along to the new campaign event and see what I can find out.

Would be nice to be told we don't need to apply this time round but it's never happened before

I understand that but as we havent heard anything yet I can't imagine you would be able to apply as you are still part of this process. Bit of a joke if we dont at some stage get a pca as we have passed their requirements, cutting people from the process without giving them the opportunity to do pca medical etc who have reached their criteria would be a complete scam if they made us apply again

I understand that but as we havent heard anything yet I can't imagine you would be able to apply as you are still part of this process. Bit of a joke if we dont at some stage get a pca as we have passed their requirements, cutting people from the process without giving them the opportunity to do pca medical etc who have reached their criteria would be a complete scam if they made us apply again

Hear, Hear !

I'm only basing my opinion on previous campaigns. I know people who have applied 3 times but got in on their 2nd

We have passed the hard bits though :P

Wouldnt like to sit through IST's again ! :/

We have passed the hard bits though :P

Wouldnt like to sit through IST's again ! :/

I honestly don't think I could pass the ist if I had to do it again. Was my second time doing one this time around definitely seemed a lot harder, scraped a pass and I still don't know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Yep plenty of us still waiting. To be honest the thought of bettering my scores, particularly ac score is almost appealing, unless explicitly told not to I'll be reapplying, but all this waiting, could be almost this time next year before we get in from the upcoming campaign... Like most people, I've put in the work, I've learnt from this recruitment, I just want in! Lol don't think there's any easy answers, we just gotta wait for them to get in touch. Like above, gym is great for venting frustrations!

Bring it on. That's what I say. If I have to apply again and go through it all again then i'll do it and make sure I improve on all my scores.

I would be in some state if i didn't pass the IST !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I'm in the same boat. I'm only estimating from the amounts invited to PCA in previous batches, which may well be inaccurate, but I reckon there's about 200-300 in the 60-65 region left to process.

I'll definitely be putting an application in for Campaign 2, unless instructed that candidates still participating in Campaign 1 can't apply.

Used to be able to apply for numerous campaigns, so I can't see why not this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Bring it on. That's what I say. If I have to apply again and go through it all again then i'll do it and make sure I improve on all my scores.

Yep, that's my attitude (when impatience isn't getting the better of me!) my scores can only go up, experience, even more prepared etc. we will do what it takes to get in! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

i'm in the same position, got my AC score in March and haven't heard a thing since.

Am i the only person who thought the IST was a gift? I finished it with time to spare, the AC was far more nervewracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

CDizzle wrote: »
    i'm in the same position, got my AC score in March and haven't heard a thing since.

Am i the only person who thought the IST was a gift? I finished it with time to spare, the AC was far more nervewracking!

Must just be you.... I was right to the end with all them and think had few questions left even. Think that's how it's designed. You must be a beast just....

AC was surprisingly enjoyable for me. All go go but interesting. Format was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Must just be you.... I was right to the end with all them and think had few questions left even. Think that's how it's designed. You must be a beast just....

AC was surprisingly enjoyable for me. All go go but interesting. Format was great.

Was my first experience of an AC, the day flew in but i knew there was places i need to tighten up in. As was shown in my results breakdown. I'll be better prepared for it should i need to do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Anxiety kicking in because of the new recruitment drive! Don't forget that by the time people are successful from 2014 applications it'll be Feb 2015.

Plenty of time left for 130901ers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This type of madness is exactly why I created this forum. So people like yourselves can see you're not alone in your thinking or feeling.

I wrote an open letter to Deloitte offering them use of this forum as a medium of communicating a small piece of information to masses of people all at once. The thread sits on top of the forum outside, and I have yet to receive a reply from anyone in Deloitte or Recruitment Branch willing to take me up on the offer.

Just know that you're all not alone, and what you're experiencing, you're experiencing because there's no way anybody is going to complain to a potential employer, and Deloitte know it, so they can be as lazy as they like, and the people in Recruitment are not very highly paid, so not to be too disparaging to my fellow colleagues in Recruitment, it's fair to say they don't work with the same sense of urgency that some of you guys have about getting out there on the streets to "make a difference".

Hang on in there people. It'll happen.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm going with a friend to one of the information days soon. I'll ask if you can reapply while still waiting on "the call" or other stages and post here if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Just had a look through some of the other threads. If you look at page 50, top comment of the Delayed Email thread that person seems to be in the same position as a few on here and may help

Advertisement