Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Online Resources for Leaving Cert Students

• 15-05-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering what you leaving cert students think is the best online resources for each subject. Do the majority of students use online resources? Is there anything you guys think would be beneficial to your study?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Billy Blog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

The only thing I use with any degree of regularity is the SEC website. Depending on the subject, marking schemes can be a crucial resource. I have a whole folder of accounting solutions thanks to the site.

I feel teachers and the media often overrate the benefits of online resources. It seems all glitzy and easy but at the end of the day you just have to work hard and hopefully have natural aptitude in order to understand something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Billyblog

There was talks of a mathematics e-learning site specifically designed for the leaving as the results were so bad in the country. Have leaving cert students yet converted to e-learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Studyclix - handy resource, second year using it.. definitely recommend it. Small €25/year fee, but it opens it up to pretty much all subjects (HL & OL), individual sections, exam papers, marking schemes.. all formatted for very, very quick access. I believe this year people have been adding many more video tutorials and support threads.

You can use it for free, but it limits you to two sub-sections within a section and is not very productive. You can demo the website without even registering. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loudona

For chemistry, lcsolutions.eu is very good. €10 a year subscription but it explains the exam solutions so you can understand them (unlike the marking schemes) and also has mind maps for all of the topics. They've a whole year of solutions for free in there samples section so check that out anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

I think alison.com is very good for maths. It has video tutorials covering every topic, designed specifically for LC project maths, and it's free :)

I would also recommend thephysicsteacher.ie for physics, applied maths and there's even a bit of biology in there :P Good notes, links to youtube videos on interesting topics in physics, and it has all links to marking schemes for physics and applied maths, which is so much handier than using the SEC website!
    There are lots of old applied maths exam papers on it too, as far back as 1976 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement