Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 7 – May 16th, Frosinone - Foligno 211km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
  • 15-05-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭

Stage 7 – Friday May 16th, Frosinone - Foligno 211km (**)

We've had an uphill finish for the last two days, but the sprinters will be looking to contest for the win in Stage 7.

Map:

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_07.jpg?v=20140508173136

Profile:

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_07.jpg?v=20140508173130

Last kilometres:

ukm_07.jpg?v=%3C!--%20[an%20error%20occurred%20while%20processing%20this%20directive]%20%20--%3E

Weather - Frosinone: Cloudy skies. High 19C. Winds NNW at 15 to 30 kph. Foligno: Cloudy. High 17C. Winds N at 10 to 15 kph.

Stage Betting: Nacer Bouhanni 15/8; Elia Viviani 3/1; Giacomo Nizzolo 8/1; Ben Swift 10/1.

Live TV coverage on Eurosport1 from 1.30pm. Highlights on Sky Sports 3 at 10.30pm and Eurosport1 at midnight.

Live text ticker here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

So the Giro rolls on and life continues after the Montecassino Massacre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Swifty anyone? If the skybots absolutely kill it going over those hills they'll surely drop Bouhanni and Vivi, but Swifty will get over the lumps fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Swifty anyone? If the skybots absolutely kill it going over those hills they'll surely drop Bouhanni and Vivi, but Swifty will get over the lumps fine.

I thought I heard Swift was injured yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

I wouldn't excatly call them skybots in this race, it must be the worst sky team ever. I agree with you Darksunglasses he must have a great chance, I'd say the same for Mezgec. Don't dismiss a break staying away after the carnage from yesterday.I is due to rain again at the finish so the peleton might take the day off, Ytting Bak and Hoogerland might have a chance out of the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

antogz1979 wrote: »
    I wouldn't excatly call them skybots in this race, it must be the worst sky team ever. I agree with you Darksunglasses he must have a great chance, I'd say the same for Mezgec. Don't dismiss a break staying away after the carnage from yesterday.I is due to rain again at the finish so the peleton might take the day off, Ytting Bak and Hoogerland might have a chance out of the break.

As opposed to notdarksunglasses!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wonder how many people will make it out today

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

godtabh wrote: »
    I wonder how many people will make it out today

About 190.

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Who's leading the peloton today? Svein Tuft. He looked like he hit a landmine yesterday. Beast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Who's leading the peloton today? Svein Tuft. He looked like he hit a landmine yesterday. Beast

I sure it was game over for him when I saw the picture of him on the ground with helmet off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Winner Andrew Anaconda Gomez.

What a fabulous name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

retalivity wrote: »
    Winner Andrew Anaconda Gomez.

What a fabulous name

"He is riding his first Giro d'Italia and revealed that when he was born, his cycling-mad father wanted to name him after Dutch climber Peter Winnen, who was a Tour de France contender in the eighties and twice won on L'Alpe d'Huez.
    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Anacona's father thought Winnen was called Winner after hearing his name over the radio and registered Winner as his son's name."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Crash! Francisco Ventoso (Movistar) goes down at speed.

Bouhanni wins it from Nizzolo, Mezgec, Matthews, Ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Bouhanni gets it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If mezgec had have stayed on the boards he would have won

Advertisement