Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Chargeback Ulster Bank

Options
  • 16-05-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi

Im just looking for some information on a possible chargeback.

I used my visa debit to pay for some web hosting about 5 months ago. I registered my details with the site which is based in Germany. About 4 Months ago i removed the Card and swapped to Paypal as a method.

This morning i got 4 emails for transactions that where charged to the Card which i had removed totalling 220 Euro. Someone in the company obviously went in to my account and set back up the credit card details which i removed as when i logged in to their site the Card was again set as the payment method.

Is this a grounds for a chargeback? Its clearly without my permission.

Does the chargeback cover services or just goods?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Services are covered too..but you can't jump straight to a charge back. It could be a genuine error. Have you contacted the company to see/request a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭test2014

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Services are covered too..but you can't jump straight to a charge back. It could be a genuine error. Have you contacted the company to see/request a refund?

Yeah they will not reply from email thats registered with account.

I sent email through different email enquiring about services and they replied straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

What do you mean when you say "removed" from their site?

They retain the card details, they don't (can't) remove them.

Did you have the same card set up as a paypal funding method?

No same card was not on Paypal.

On the "My Account" section theres a payment method option.

I once had the credit card setup in there to make a payment. I switched to the Paypal option and paid with that instead until 5 months ago.

Someone from the company went into my account and re-enabled the Credit Card option and took 4 transactions in literally 2 mins. When i logged in Paypal was disabled and Card was re-enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thanks

So i have to fill in forms and return them just to do a chargeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

+1.

Basically you will have to try everything first before they will even bother.

Advertisement