Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA developer Rockstar, next game march 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ah here, nevermind new games we want GTA 5 on PC ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's GTAV on ps4/xb1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think GTAV on the next gen counts as a new game.
    Me, I'm hoping for Red Dead, nothing else will do!
    And if it's on the next gen, it'll give me reason enough to pick up one of the XB1 or PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A next gen Red Dead would be fantastic. That said, another Bully would also be amazing, some fantastic gameplay in that one.

I hope it's nothing to do with GTA (I've actually just finally started GTAV), as I prefer the large dev times in those games, and it's not been long enough since the last one. DLC perhaps, akin to the GTAIV DLC, but not a full new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So if it's Q1 of 2015 we should see a reveal at E3 right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

rockstar-games-presents-table-tennis-20070924055413377-000.jpg

"I'm back bitches!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Don't get why so many (not so much here but certainly on other sites) are crying out for a GTA5 on PS4/One surely 99% of people who want to play on consoles already have, personally I couldn't sit through it again so soon and definitely not the multiplayer.

Love it to be a new Red Dead or Bully, could be a new IP entirely though :confused:

March 2015 will likely slip to to september knowing R* :pac:

Edit: Just saw in the article linked in the OP that they expect this new title to account for 45% of its 2014 revenue.
    Ok so it's a big one then, no way a next gen GTA5 or even a new Bully would do those kind of numbers, Red Dead is a safe bet !!!!!!

weiland79 wrote: »
    So if it's Q1 of 2015 we should see a reveal at E3 right?

R* are one of the "big 3" who never do E3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They registered a Bully sequel a while ago (iirc), so i wouldn't be surprised if it's that.

Red Dead would be awesome though (even though i've still not finished the 1st)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Could it be that "Agent" game they've been hinting at for years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's too soon for them to have made a new game, it's a GTAV port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

humanji wrote: »
    Could it be that "Agent" game they've been hinting at for years?

I'd doubt it, they are forecasting 45% of their revenue to come from it so it can't be a new IP. I'm betting on Red Dead as it's the only franchise that could pull that sort of money in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    Don't get why so many (not so much here but certainly on other sites) are crying out for a GTA5 on PS4/One surely 99% of people who want to play on consoles already have, personally I couldn't sit through it again so soon and definitely not the multiplayer.

Love it to be a new Red Dead or Bully, could be a new IP entirely though :confused:

March 2015 will likely slip to to september knowing R* :pac:

Edit: Just saw in the article linked in the OP that they expect this new title to account for 45% of its 2014 revenue.
    Ok so it's a big one then, no way a next gen GTA5 or even a new Bully would do those kind of numbers, Red Dead is a safe bet !!!!!!

Actually, a PC/PS4/Xbox One release could easily account for 45% of their revenue this year, as they aren't planning on releasing anything else, so revenue will be relatively low.

Also, as they have stated that it will account for that revenue in this fiscal year, ending in March 2015, I'd guess that it will be released in the run up to the Christmas period.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This week in the non-news network...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Whatever it is, I look forward to playing it on PC in 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I don't think its too soon. If it comes out in march 2015 thats 18 months since their last release.

If they release in September 2015 that will be two full years since their last release. Who knows how long they have been working on this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think it may well be a smaller title like Bully. That 45% of their revenue this fiscal year (which runs to March 2015) could easily be achieved by a smaller title if they don't have anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I hope it's a new bully game or red dead game. But lets be honest... it's just going to be GTA5 on next gen or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

GTA 5 on next-gen in March seems far away for me. Red Dead, it seems too soon.

Agent might be a good call, it's been in development so long, maybe it's time to spring it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

PC version of GTA5 I'd imagine with next gen releases to follow in the Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't think it'll be red dead 2 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Think they missed the boat on Red Dead on the Vita, would have been a great port for that series. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Don't think it'll be red dead 2 unfortunately.

Good. Announcing Red Dead Redemption again would be silly.

I'm praying for Red Dead 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

LA Noire 2 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Lemmings!

In all the speculation Max Payne hasn't been mentioned? That was done by R* wasn't it ??????

There is a movie due out next year too but I'm unsure if it's based on the games or only loosely based the character , James Mc Caffery is rumoured to have a role though http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1986097

After the 3rd game, I'd not mind another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

please let it be red dead :) would love too see it on next gen graphics :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

as much as I loved max payne 3, I think the series should be killed. The game ended definitively, max has found his peace and there's no big stories that need telling from between games 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

MP3 was ****, it ended after 2 in my world

Something new and fresh please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I wouldn't mind a new title or Bully 2.
    I loved red dead, but i don't see how they can do anything new with it.

Remember The Warriors? That game was awesome. Which is why i would like to see them do something new

Advertisement