Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA developer Rockstar, next game march 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

If Red Dead gets bumped up to next gen then I'll be saying goodbye to my 360 and taking the step up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

EyeSight wrote: »
    I loved red dead, but i don't see how they can do anything new with it.

If they want to stay in the era of the old west then any follow up would have to be a prequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd love a new Red Dead game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's too soon for them to have made a new game, it's a GTAV port

Rockstar have multiple development teams. For example, Red Dead Redemption was made by Rockstar San Diego, GTA by Rockstar North and Max Payne 3 by Rockstar Vancouver. They have a bunch more development teams too I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gotta be Red Dead. Please be next gen red dead. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was Agent ever cancelled, seemed to have been in the works for years, could be the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Xenji wrote: »
    Was Agent ever cancelled, seemed to have been in the works for years, could be the title.
    No, it seems to be one of those eternally in development. That's what made me think of it. They recently enough renewed the copyright (or whatever it's called) on the name, and it seemed like they were just waiting for the new gen of consoles to come out. But with an new IP I kind of assume there'd be the 2 years of hints and previews before they release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If they want to stay in the era of the old west then any follow up would have to be a prequel.

Why so? Redemption was in no way related to Red Dead Revolver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And here I am waiting for a Midnight Club game to kick Need for Speed's arse. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

nix wrote: »
    MP3 was ****, it ended after 2 in my world

Something new and fresh please!

Did you even play MP3? It was an excellent game.

• Advertisement

I found MP3 to be average, although from a technical viewpoint it was excellent. I can't quite put my finger on why, it just didn't grab me. For me, it's the worst in the Max Payne series, and I'm gutted that Remedy are unlikely to ever make a Max Payne game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

And here I am waiting for a Midnight Club game to kick Need for Speed's arse. :pac:

God a new Midnight Club would be brilliant. Also, no NFS competition aren't they on a year break? Perfect time to capitalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

DarkJager wrote: »
    Did you even play MP3? It was an excellent game.

I did, it was a unnecessary continuation to the Max Payne story, it done nothing for me.. Kind of like continuing the Terminator story after T2, it was not needed and took away from the overall story if included. They should have just done a different character and called it something else, leeching off the Max Payne name, thats all it felt like.. Sucked!

On top of that it was **** gameplay wise, there was no sense of ass kicking like in the previous two games, no skill involved really, you were gonna die alot and no ounce of skill could save you, just die rez, progress a lil (remember where all bad guys were, rez again, know where to slow mo/duck for cover, just that repetitive boring process over and over, ducking for cover every few steps.. Thats not Max payne, thats not kicking ass..

Max Cover they should have called it..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomdomv7

Bully 2 please! The joys of punching the prefects again would make me so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

A new IP please? I liked Red Dead because it was a fresh setting, I would like to try another fresh setting instead of more desert or city.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I wish GTA6 - but not possible. New Red Dead? Why not! RD:Redemption was so goood :D It might be new Max Payne as well, but more likely - Red Dead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

True. But i'm not sure how they can add much to make it a good sequel and not just a glorified expansion.
    It can't just be a bigger desert landscape with similar weapons.

Don't get me wrong, RDR was one of the best ps3 games I had. But i just don't see how they can do anything new with it

I just remembered the zombie expansion. That was awesome!(if not a bit glitchy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

rizzla wrote: »
    God a new Midnight Club would be brilliant. Also, no NFS competition aren't they on a year break? Perfect time to capitalise.

Dub edition Remix FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

EyeSight wrote: »
    True. But i'm not sure how they can add much to make it a good sequel and not just a glorified expansion.
    It can't just be a bigger desert landscape with similar weapons.

Don't get me wrong, RDR was one of the best ps3 games I had. But i just don't see how they can do anything new with it

I just remembered the zombie expansion. That was awesome!(if not a bit glitchy)

You just opened my eyes. You are totally right. RDR was very good. But something new? Could be a bit hard to figure it out. But still, it's Rockstar - sure they will do something great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

carti2k wrote: »
    You just opened my eyes. You are totally right. RDR was very good. But something new? Could be a bit hard to figure it out. But still, it's Rockstar - sure they will do something great :D

Make it a cowboys and aliens job:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

GTA Vice City 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Definitely nothing GTA related so we can scratch that off the list....

Can't see it being an older title being released on PC either as I can't see them waiting THAT long to shift GTAV over. The same with RRD - I think they'll come to PC eventually but it will be before this.

So it's either something to do with L.A Noire or a brand new Red Dead. Wish it was a new Red Dead! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Would like a new IP personally. Would love to see Rockstar do sci-fi! Maybe a cyber punk vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dair. wrote: »
    Would like a new IP personally. Would love to see Rockstar do sci-fi! Maybe a cyber punk vibe.

You will like Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out next year then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its probably just GTA V with some DLC for next gen but if its a new game its most likely Bully 2. A trademark for Bullworth academy was registered last year and Rockstar Vancouver who worked on Bully haven't done anything since Max Payne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Xenji wrote: »
    You will like Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out next year then.

Following it already.

As for Rockstar's non-existant sci-fi game, I'm imagining a bustling futuristic metropolis with a seedy underbelly. A bit like L.A. in Blade Runner, with added R* violent sandbox goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

You know what would be mad? If they just made a straight-up, high-quality, pleasant kids' game. Something like Mario Galaxy or LittleBigPlanet, but not necessarily a platformer. I'd eat that right up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Can't see it being an older title being released on PC either as I can't see them waiting THAT long to shift GTAV over. The same with RRD - I think they'll come to PC eventually but it will be before this
    The game will be released before March 2015, that is within the current financial year.

This is not a game announcement per se but a reference in their annual financial accounts. Hence I wouldn't expect a new IP or major release; the marketing campaign would be well under way by now. A port to the PC (hopefully RDR) is much more likely.

I can't see a PC port bringing in 45% of Take Two's revenue, which they expect this title to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

The alternative is that they're planning on launching a new game or IP less than a year after its announcement. (Significantly less if they're targeting the Christmas market.) Which they haven't even done yet. Doesn't seem very Rockstar.

Advertisement