Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA developer Rockstar, next game march 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I said before on another thread in another time, I'd love to see Bully 2: The College Years or something like that. Jimmy's grown up and goes to college and goes from being top dog to bottom of the pile overnight and can't get used to it :)

Although, to be fair, Rockstar don't tend to re-use their main characters preferring to have a story first, so even if it was a Bully 2, there's a good chance they could keep it set in the high-school and town and bring new characters in. Actually, I'd love to see a female lead, it's not something Rockstar has done and it's about time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

GTA5: Vice City for next gen perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Reekwind wrote: »
    The alternative is that they're planning on launching a new game or IP less than a year after its announcement. (Significantly less if they're targeting the Christmas market.) Which they haven't even done yet. Doesn't seem very Rockstar.

True but perhaps they have learned from GTA 5, where delays to the game meant the hype died a bit. An E3 announcement (although they never seem to attend it) would give them plenty of time to build up the hype in time for a Christmas release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

*Shrugs* If it's announced at E3 then it gives them 4-5 months to market it for release in time for the Christmas market. I can't recall them ever announcing a major game with less than a year to release, never mind less than six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rockstar extended the trademark for Agent again on Wednesday for what its worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Xenji wrote: »
    Rockstar extended the trademark for Agent again on Wednesday for what its worth.

Nooooooo. Would much rather Bully 2 or RDR2, I guess thats wishful thinking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, extending the trademark isn't any definite sign. If it was running out, then they'd obviously have to extend it, even if the game isn't coming out for 20 years, just to stop others snapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I've just noticed that when i'm in the rockstar social club games section, it shows 'Agent' as coming soon....

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

falan wrote: »
    I've just noticed that when i'm in the rockstar social club games section, it shows 'Agent' as coming soon....

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games

Thats been there a fair while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Possibly not related to this, but Eurogamer are reporting that Red Dead isn't, er, dead.
    Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has called the Red Dead series a "permanent franchise," suggesting that more Rockstar westerns are on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does anyone really want more Bioshock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Does anyone really want more Bioshock?

No. I loved Infinite, don't want more. What does this have to do with Rockstar though?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Possibly not related to this, but Eurogamer are reporting that Red Dead isn't, er, dead.

I think it's related, and we will get new Red Dead soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Hoping its Red Dead. Still think its Rockstars best game to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's GTAV on ps4/xb1

God I just hate being right ALL the time #toldyouso

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Not really. GTAV on PS4/X1/PC will be out before November this year. Nothing has been said about their game in March yet. They may announce that at Gamescom next month.

Not really. GTAV on PS4/X1/PC will be out before November this year. Nothing has been said about their game in March yet. They may announce that at Gamescom next month.

"Grand Theft Auto" Developer Rockstar's Next Game to Drop BY March 2015"

Keyword is BY not IN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, still loads of time for them to show something new instead of a next gen port. It's been too long for the RD IP, makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

"Grand Theft Auto" Developer Rockstar's Next Game to Drop BY March 2015"

Keyword is BY not IN

And the article you're quoting says it'll be a "new" game.

I can't see GTA V accounting for 45% of Take-Two revenue, they must have another game. Rockstar generally don't announce new titles at E3 iirc (GTA V next gen been an exception).

• Advertisement

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    And the article you're quoting says it'll be a "new" game.
    It says "New title", a port is still a new title.

It also says this:

"Rockstar Games tends to release titles on its own schedule. Every couple of years it drops a bomb like GTA V or the epic Red Dead Redemption but a new release just a year after breaking all records with GTA V seems like a tall order.

One suggestion is that the developer will put out a next-gen GTA V for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC or revamp one of its classic series like Bully. Stay tuned for more details."
    Benzino wrote: »
    I can't see GTA V accounting for 45% of Take-Two revenue, they must have another game.
    I think you need to look up how much money GTAV has made.

Exactly, it's already made a **** load of money. You expect it to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think you are struggling to justify that one Shane.

New title. New is new. If they had meant port they would have said port. GTAV isn't new.

Exactly, it's already made a **** load of money. You expect it to do it again?
    Well obviously not as much but the PC release will be huge. And I'd expect a lot of people to buy it again on the new consoles with the new content included .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

It says "New title", a port is still a new title.

It also says this:

"Rockstar Games tends to release titles on its own schedule. Every couple of years it drops a bomb like GTA V or the epic Red Dead Redemption but a new release just a year after breaking all records with GTA V seems like a tall order.

One suggestion is that the developer will put out a next-gen GTA V for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC or revamp one of its classic series like Bully. Stay tuned for more details."

ya it made a **** ton
    but I can't see it making nearly half of what it made with a re-launch, funny that you can pre order it AGAIN :pac:

with pc gamers they will obviously find it very cheap somewere, so it won't be thousands of pc gamers buying it for 60+ euro, they will get it for half that, probably less, maybe in a year or two when its on sale on steam or what ever it will reach it but no way will it reach it at launch.

I think alot of people were disappointed with the multiplayer, and all I really see is nicer graphics , apparently better draw distance and dense traffic but I don't think that will fix the game, once the story was finished and I messed around, it got boring fast.
    Multiplayer was full of loading screens, and getting my character deleted
    if anything I'd be afraid to have my character cross over too the next gen version incase it gets deleted again

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I think alot of people were disappointed with the multiplayer, and all I really see is nicer graphics , apparently better draw distance and dense traffic but I don't think that will fix the game, once the story was finished and I messed around, it got boring fast.
    Multiplayer was full of loading screens, and getting my character deleted
    if anything I'd be afraid to have my character cross over too the next gen version incase it gets deleted again

You should give the MP another go, it has improved a lot, and Heists are expected in the next few weeks (I know I know :P)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think the multiplayer is some of the most fun I've had with an online game, but I was late to the party and didn't suffer from a lot of the early day problems like account deletion etc. If they allow you to port your player via Social Club they'll convince anyone who's on the fence I'll wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You should give the MP another go, it has improved a lot, and Heists are expected in the next few weeks (I know I know :P)

I'll just keep quiet for now :pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you are struggling to justify that one Shane.

New title. New is new. If they had meant port they would have said port. GTAV isn't new.
    Disagree. The initial 'announcement' came buried in a financial earnings call. As far as the accountants are concerned a 'new release' is a 'new release', port of an existing title or not. It's a new product that will raise new revenue. There's no reason for the finance people to make such a distinction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Anyone else find this as non-news? They haven't revealed anything really. Yawn

Advertisement