Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you handle fame?

• 16-05-2014 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

As the title says. We all get a kick out of gossiping about celebs but how do you think you would do if your "career" depended on it?

For me I'm thrown. I am learning to play the violin and piano. While I love being able to play these instruments, I'm not a social butterfly and I hate having to perform in front of people but at the same time I think I give my best performances when I have an audience :confused:

How have other boardsies overcome that initial fear of performing.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    As the title says. We all get a kick out of gossiping about celebs but how do you think you would do if your "career" depended on it?

For me I'm thrown. I am learning to play the violin and piano. While I love being able to play these instruments, I'm not a social butterfly and I hate having to perform in front of people but at the same time I think I give my best performances when I have an audience :confused:

How have other boardsies overcome that initial fear of performing.

When you say fame do you mean being followed around by paps and drunks shouting catchphrases at you type of fame?I'd personally hate to be so famous that you coulden't go to the shop without being mobbed or having weirdo stalkers trying to steal your underwear and flying all the way from weirdville Tennesse being convinced that theyre married to you.A type of more low level fame would suit me where you can go around unnoticed by the general public.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

When you say fame do you mean being followed around by paps and drunks shouting catchphrases at you type of fame?I'd personally hate to be so famous that you coulden't go to the shop without being mobbed or having weirdo stalkers trying to steal your underwear and flying all the way from weirdville Tennesse being convinced that theyre married to you.A type of more low level fame would suit me where you can go around unnoticed by the general public.

This. The kind of fame somebody like Anthony Hopkins has. He is world famous, everybody knows him, but yet you never see him in the papers or in magazines. I am assuming he must live the low key life when he is not making movies. That is the dream really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

i would embrace it kimmy k style

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

By becoming the Irish version of J.D. Sallinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I recently had my grade 3 exams and I made a balls of them. I was practicing with my music teacher before I went in and nerves were getting the better of me and I did progressively worse with each practice.

The examiner was lovely but I was like a ball of nerves. One of the scales I was asked to play was A major, which is easy but I managed to mess it up :o

On the plus side, a few weeks later we had a class concert where I played really well so that made me feel better.

I don't think I will be in the position where I will ever have to deal with real fame but just doing normal things has given me a new found respect for those that do put them selves out there.

It's easy (and fun :o) to judge others but I don't think I have what it takes to be a celebrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

I d become a pure pr%£k..look down at everyone..
    Just a pure $h1te...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Throw a television out of a hotel window and all the other stereotypical stuff to be ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Reebrock wrote: »
    Throw a television out of a hotel window and all the other stereotypical stuff to be ironic.
    LOL in the old days, that would be acceptable and expected. Nowadays that behaviour would get you carted off to the psych ward followed by a diagnosis of bi-polar or something else and a huge apology for disappointing the "fans".

Is it wrong that I miss the old days when rock stars would behave like gobsh!tes and we could judge them from afar without the need to label everyone's bad behaviour on a "mental illness" :o

Advertisement