Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me sleep :(

• 16-05-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Sleep gone to dogs
    Be tired then i get into bed and cant fall asleep. Tried herbal tablets, shower bfore bed, readin book drinkin tulsi tea the list is endless...nothin works

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Lavendar oil on a tissue in your pillow case might help, or massage Badger Balm into your temples. Deep breathing, along with one or both of these, is very calming and so aids sleep.
    Have you tried screen-free time before bed, maybe an hour or so of no TV/phone/computer to help you switch off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Watch some ASMR videos. Go to Youtube, type in ASMR ROLEPLAY and plug your headphones in and listen to the relaxing sounds of people's gentle voices and sounds.
    Absolutely love it for when I'm having insomnia.
    My personal faves are VISUALSOUNDS1 and GENTLEWHISPERING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭worded

A hot non alcohol non cafeine drink? Yannoh is a great caffeine alternative available in health stores. Don't drink coffee / Tea after 6, or perhaps stop even earlier in your case.

Alt ....

Red bull with a double expresso chaser mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

weed usually does the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

Have you tried drinking a chamomile tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

fussyonion wrote: »
    Watch some ASMR videos. Go to Youtube, type in ASMR ROLEPLAY and plug your headphones in and listen to the relaxing sounds of people's gentle voices and sounds.
    Absolutely love it for when I'm having insomnia.
    My personal faves are VISUALSOUNDS1 and GENTLEWHISPERING.

I second this idea. Yay for fellow asmrians!! Hi!

I'd also recommend TheWaterWhispers , Fairy Char ASMR ,or if you want an Irish person..try AndrewASMR - enjoy!

I know not everyone get's ASMR ,but even if you don't get the full sensation , I hope videos will help relax you/your brain :)

Oh and if not this.. have you tried the room/pillow sprays you can get to help you sleep? The body shop does a great one. I've used it on and off over the years, doesn't leave an oily residue ,smells great and does actually work. I believe it's got a lavender infused with chamomile! There's other brands out there though.

My final idea is meditation - I guess similar in the style to asmr in terms of relaxing your body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

worded wrote: »
    A hot non alcohol non cafeine drink? Yannoh is a great caffeine alternative available in health stores. Don't drink coffee / Tea after 6, or perhaps stop even earlier in your case.

+1 read somewhere (so I could be wrong) that the half life of caffeine is six hours. Which means if you take 50mg of caffeine, six hours later you still have 25mg in your system.

worded wrote: »
    Alt ....

Red bull with a double expresso chaser mmmmmm

Just ensure you're near a toilet! :pac:

Must try some of the ASMR thingies mentioned earlier. Been having some issues sleeping and the Relax Melodies app (android) isn't really helping...although it's quite good!

Google Play Relax Melodies.

Used to listen to binaural beats, but they do nothing for me now.

Also here's a great article for the best and worst foods for a great night's sleep (you can guess the worst).

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-and-worst-foods-for-a-good-nights-sleep-1589315041

Advertisement