Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good place in Dublin to do Meditation

Options
  • 16-05-2014 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey guys,

I wonder does anyone know a good place in Dublin to do Meditation...
    I want to learn more about this
    I live in Clontarf right now and i m thinking of moving to Swords
    I don t have a big budget for this...
    Regards Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Depends on what kind of meditation you want to do..
    Some can be more hardcore than others.
    There are free meditation classes running in a few places as far as I'm aware.
    My suggestion would be to try a few different types and see what suits you best.
    The buddhist stuff is always lovely but some can be a bit full on if you're only starting out. For example Zazen is big on posture and sitting with a straight back
    If you just want something light I'd say check out the Dublin Holistic Centre on South William St. They should have something going on that might suit you.
    Meditation is so much easier in a group than on your own so best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FuzzyCraic

Hey Thanks for your answer
    I will have to check this out
    My only problem is that i work untill 6 u 30 and i cant do any activities after 8
    But anyway i hope there should be something for the weekend .
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irish_karl

The Buddhists have their Buddhist Centre on James Joyce Street which is just around the corner from Independent Newspapers on Talbot Street. They seem nice people to deal with and I do know they run Buddhist classes. Check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FuzzyCraic

Hi guys i ve met this guy from India.
    He gives private lessons from his room behind Parnell street.
    He charges 9 euro per session.
    I started with this two weeks ago and i m already feeling better.
    I can t advertize here but anyone interested can PM me.
    The guy is a student from India.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

manresa house

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

Anywhere with Eucharistic Adoration …

Those chapels can be incredibly powerful, whether you accept the Church or not.

Advertisement