Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ranchu wrote: »
    You have vague details of this story. You're pleased this lad is dead and you're worried about scrotes on the street? I'd be worried about something else if I was you.

I look forward to this elobaration

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Please put forward a version of events that would be more plausible at this moment in time

Speculation versus speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zulu wrote: »
    I'm no big city lawyer, but it's worth remembering that assault is the intent to cause bodily harm.

All I know is that he choose to terrorise an innocent family in the middle of the night. Was confronted by the father. Fled like a coward. Injured himself on railings while fleeing. And is now dead.

...and there are some that are morally outraged we don't find that tragic; that we don't sympatise with this thug. :rolleyes:

Not so much this, rather people seem to be getting some sort of satisfaction that this lad died. There seems to be a distinct reveling in the fact that this guy "got what he deserved".

I don't agree that death is what someone deserves for doing what he and/or his pals were allegedly doing.

I think its clear across the two threads I have seen on this topic the majority have no sympathy for this case.

I've tried and tried and I simply cannot remember that time in my youth where me and a gang of lads went to throw bottles at the police. Funny that.

There's plenty of types of anti-social behaviour. The sneering on this thread, for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Please put forward a version of events that would be more plausible at this moment in time

Im not in the business of speculating on events I couldnt possibly have witnessed. Im curious how someone can be killed running away from someone who has just confronted them and nobody seems interested in questioning what happened.

old hippy wrote: »
    Speculation versus speculation?

So no more plausible explanation then. Noted

I think its clear across the two threads I have seen on this topic the majority have no sympathy for this case.

The mob has spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I look forward to this elobaration

You know very little about what actually happened but are quick to jump to a conclusion where a young life has been lost. One person in this situation is a definite scrote.

There's plenty of types of anti-social behaviour. The sneering on this thread, for instance.

Circle-jerking. Moral high ground, high horse blah blah blah

• Advertisement

Oh I have a few but it's just speculation. Enough of that going on without me clogging up this car crash of a thread with more.

The mob has spoken.

Common sense prevails

"You refuse to use complete speculation and hyperbole to challenge my complete speculation and hyperbole? Great. I win!"

Oh I have a few but it's just speculation. Enough of that going on without me clogging up this car crash of a thread with more.

Good bye, your contribution has been noted

MrStuffins wrote: »
    "You refuse to use complete speculation and hyperbole to challenge my complete speculation and hyperbole? Great. I win!"

Quotation marks? Therefore its a quote. Cant seem to find it though. Please point it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Exactly nobody is rejoicing, or celebrating, we just don't care that a scumbag managed to kill himself escaping from a crime. There's a big difference between celebration and indifference. I care more about the minor injury to the Garda than the death of the deceased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I could sneer all day on this thread and I would still be a better person than those who went out looking for trouble last night.

I could sneer all day on this thread and I would still be a better person than those who went out looking for trouble last night.

Far better. Dont let the moral high horse fan girls tell you otherwise

Circle-jerking. Moral high ground, high horse blah blah blah

I was referring to the sort who take pleasure in the death of a child.

I was referring to the sort who take pleasure in the death of a child.

No child died here and no one is taking pleasure. Simply we dont care.

• Advertisement

Would you agree if I said that this guy didn't deserve to die for what he and his friends were allegedly doing?

Good bye, your contribution has been noted

You don't much care for people challenging you, do you?

There's probably a lot more to this case than you or I are aware of. Have patience, Doctor.

Would you agree if I said that this guy didn't deserve to die for what he and his friends were allegedly doing?

Same question to you Doctor. You seem to be taking the most pleasure so i'll ask you.

You care enough to crow about it, though. And 18 may officially be adulthood but don't kid yourself, he was just a boy.

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Exactly nobody is rejoicing, or celebrating, we just don't care that a scumbag managed to kill himself escaping from a crime. There's a big difference between celebration and indifference.
    I think indifference entails saying nothing there chief, not coming onto the internet to tell us how you've no sympathy like some here have

You don't much care for people challenging you, do you?

There's probably a lot more to this case than you or I are aware of. Have patience, Doctor.

I do, if they have anything worth while to challenge on. So far all I've heard is circle jerking blah blah blah, high horse blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

No I believe I would not have been. I also believe I would not have been throwing bottles at guards houses in the early hours in the morning either whether I was 8, 18 or 88.

Agreed - I am sure you wouldn't, nor would I.

But, you say you are glad he died and that you wish that all 4 had died.

I think that is very sad.

We used to do "knick-knacks" when we were kids, ring the crotchety neighbors doorbell and run away. Nobody was killed during the running away bit (I mean whats the odds?), if someone was it might have piqued a little interest...

drumswan wrote: »
    I think indifference entails saying nothing there chief, not coming onto the internet to tell us how you've no sympathy like some here have

Right though I shouldn't have to I'll explain this very simply.

Onto the main page of the site I see an article about this incident in Dungarvan which I read about this morning being described as a "tragedy". I came here in wonder how this was the case.

Because I questioned the title doesn't mean I care, I still don't,

Understand chief?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Would you agree if I said t...?
    Oh right, argument fails, and now you're looking for something to be appalled at, is it?

Now that is pathetic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement