Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Hall posters around Swords

Options
  • 16-05-2014 9:43am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've seen quite a few posters around the town (main st, north st, etc) for David Hall, who is running in the Dublin-West by-election. I know the Ridgewood-Forest Little area of Swords is in Dublin West but it seems overkill to be putting up posters in Applewood, Nevinstown, etc, which are not part of Dublin West. Surely that will just confuse people?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's mad - the Ridgewood-Forest Little area of Swords was in Dublin West for general elections for a while but as far as I know they've changed it back now. It's definitely not in Dublin West for local elections, and I don't think it ever has been.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's mad - the Ridgewood-Forest Little area of Swords was in Dublin West for general elections for a while but as far as I know they've changed it back now. It's definitely not in Dublin West for local elections, and I don't think it ever has been.

Is he running for the Dail? His posters say Hall for the Dail?
    Is there a by election for the Dail in Dublin West?

His posters really confused me when I saw them.

Bad enough figuring out who is running in the council/european elections as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He's running in the by election in Dublin West. So posters outside it are a bit odd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've just looked at the Boundary Commission's last report. That area of Swords is back in Dublin Fingal (new name for our constituency).

So in that case, his posters are wasted entirely in Swords. It wouldn't inspire me to vote for him, even if I could.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've just had Eamonn Coghlan at my door. He's running in Dublin West too and he said that we're still in with Dublin West for a by-election being held in that area because of Patrick Nulty's resignation :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I've just had Eamonn Coghlan at my door.:confused:

Did you run him?

martinn123 wrote: »
    Did you run him?

Haha I did, and he did a few laps of the cul de sac :D

An older man knocked on the door first and told me Eamonn was running. I made a joke about that being a good one, but the poor man didn't get it. Eamonn could do with a better team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

An older man knocked on the door first and told me Eamonn was running. I made a joke about that being a good one, but the poor man didn't get it.

If he had them little shorts on, and a vest, would you vote for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I've just had Eamonn Coghlan at my door. He's running in Dublin West too and he said that we're still in with Dublin West for a by-election being held in that area because of Patrick Nulty's resignation :confused:

The new constituency boundaries only come into effect at the next general election.

• Advertisement

martinn123 wrote: »
    If he had them little shorts on, and a vest, would you vote for him?

No but I'd set the dogs on him to see if he can still run ;)

If he could outrun them then I'd vote for him. I'm looking for ways to decide who to vote for.

(I'm joking - he was actually very nice)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No but I'd set the dogs on him to see if he can still run ;)

If he could outrun them then I'd vote for him. I'm looking for ways to decide who to vote for.

(I'm joking - he was actually very nice)

Is this Eamon Coghlan the runner ?

What's he running for in the elections? Pardon the pun

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yes, it's the 1983 world 5000m champion.

He's representing FG in the Dublin west by-election for the seat vacated by Patrick Nulty.

Advertisement