Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do if you caught this lad "In the Act"?

• 16-05-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

I swear my blood was boiling after seeing this.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What a knacker. I wonder if the biker did something earlier?
    I've read on biker.ie about people coming back to their bikes and stuff was done to it. One guy had a note telling him he parked like a wanker and chain lube was sprayed on his tyres! Some people are just arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

What a hard man!!

Is it a bottle of wine he is swigging out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Smithy101

Awh if I caught someone doin this, they would get such a f****** hidin, even if it wasn't my bike I seen them kickin they'd get slapped around!! Scum! ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

I'd break the leg that kicked that bike. One well placed kick with steel sliders and leg breaks in two. I he wouldn't say which leg I'd break both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Hobble the fookah & do every joint in his arms & legs with a 7lb lump hammer :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Do you guys every get people just even going at your bikes? Last two times I was in town(Waterford) someone had turned the lights on the bike dont get it like. Came out another day and there were 6 teenage girls and a guy hanging around a scooter with the lad sitting on it :confused:

Doylers wrote: »
    Do you guys every get people just even going at your bikes? Last two times I was in town(Waterford) someone had turned the lights on the bike dong get it like. Came out another day and there were 6 teenage girls and a guy hanging around a scooter with the lad sitting on it :confused:
    I knocked an eastern european fookahs gold tooth out of his head in a Lidl car park when I lamped him with me lid for sitting on my bike & pulling levers & shoite...not fookn on :mad:

MonstaMash wrote: »
    I knocked an eastern european fookahs gold tooth out of his head in a Lidl car park when I lamped him with me lid for sitting on my bike & pulling levers & shoite...not fookn on :mad:

FairPlay just please don't tell us he was only 5 years old and making engine noises while sitting on it!!

Cos that could ruin a great story LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a whole mentality that does this. Needs no provocation or drink. Kicking car mirrors, pushing over bikes, scratching cars. They get some sort of sad kick out of it.
    Their mammy probably didn't love them enough. Let's give them some of my tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

spurious wrote: »
    There's a whole mentality that does this. Needs no provocation or drink. Kicking car mirrors, pushing over bikes, scratching cars. They get some sort of sad kick out of it.
    Their mammy probably didn't love them enough. Let's give them some of my tax.

Saw a gang of teenagers hanging around two motorbikes at liffey valley once. The owner came out two ladies in there full bike gear. One of them whispered something in the other's ear. Then she put on her helmet squared up to the biggest of them and head butted him. Fair dues to her. They weren't stand over the bikes to make sure they safe. That's for sure. They all left pretty pronto.

• Advertisement

leppla wrote: »
    FairPlay just please don't tell us he was only 5 years old and making engine noises while sitting on it!!

Cos that could ruin a great story LOL
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its happened to me a few times, once it was three boards.ie regulars!!!.. I refused them entry into the bar I work (last order's had been called & served).. A row ensued, I was told "you won't always be at this door watching your f*cking bikes"..

We'd a pint after work and three of the bikes had been kicked over, one was a loaner biker, a little RVF400 which was badly damaged but the other's weren't apart from an indicator on my bike.

Another night we caught a guy randomly walk past and kick over one of the lads 'Blade, he got a few digs.

People sitting on my bike don't overly bother me, however one stupid girl stuck her high heel through my leather saddle one night :mad:

But I know most lads go ape **** over it, and if anyone touched a club bike there'd be f*cking war!.

But I know most lads go ape **** over it, and if anyone touched a club bike there'd be f*cking war!.
    Proper order ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Woah lots of very hard scary people in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

As an admirer of bikes, if I see one I really like in a car park I'll go over and have a look at it as I would a nice car and naby take a photo. But as for toutching and getting on one I think that's not on. If a car happend to be open you wouldn't sit into it to have a look, same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

parttime wrote: »
    Woah lots of very hard scary people in here

Scary internet threats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

If you to sin against a biker or God, sin against God. He might forgive you, a biker will not.

Scary internet threats :)

I don't think anyone has issued a threat against anyone else :confused:

Lads are saying what they'd do if they caught someone doing what the lad in the YT clip is doing (did you even watch it?).

As I said, personally I don't give a sh*t if someone randomly sits on my bike ~ however I know other lads who had dragged people off theirs.

If I seen someone actually kick my bike over I'd beat him up, no doubt ask him to kindly wait while I called AGS.

Touch a club bike and I can bet my last cent they'd go medievil on that person, works the same for MCC or MC.

No threats there, just making people aware of the consequences of stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

As an admirer of bikes, if I see one I really like in a car park I'll go over and have a look at it as I would a nice car and naby take a photo. But as for toutching and getting on one I think that's not on. If a car happend to be open you wouldn't sit into it to have a look, same thing.

This. What delusion makes some people feel quite free to go over to some stranger's vehicle and sit on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

be like hoping into a convertible cause they'd it parked with the roof down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Wossack wrote: »
    be like hoping into a convertible cause they'd it parked with the roof down

Are you saying that they didnt leave it down for that exact reason?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

or somewhere to throw the end of that mcdonalds milkshake

I kid, I kid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Had a few kids sitting on my bike the other day apparently. As long as they keep away when it's hot. The problem with sitting on the bikes for me is I have a thing of people sitting on a bike which is on the sidestand. I don't like it, and it's usually the first thing non bikers do.
    Its happened to me a few times, once it was three boards.ie regulars!!!.. I refused them entry into the bar I work (last order's had been called & served).. A row ensued, I was told "you won't always be at this door watching your f*cking bikes"..

We'd a pint after work and three of the bikes had been kicked over, one was a loaner biker, a little RVF400 which was badly damaged but the other's weren't apart from an indicator on my bike.

Another night we caught a guy randomly walk past and kick over one of the lads 'Blade, he got a few digs.

People sitting on my bike don't overly bother me, however one stupid girl stuck her high heel through my leather saddle one night :mad:

We want names! I saw where you park, a lot of drunks would pass that in the evening, I'd imagine a fair few people have sat on it.

Cienciano wrote: »
    We want names! I saw where you park, a lot of drunks would pass that in the evening, I'd imagine a fair few people have sat on it.

I wouldn't name names tbh.

Mostly I'd move my bike under the CCTV camera later in the evening, esp if I'm staying behind for a pint but if there's a few club bikes I don't bother as there'll be lads hanging around.

As for people sitting on them, its usually the custom Harley's which draw most attention but most people are courtious enough to ask can they sit on a bike for a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I was just jokingly trying to say that most people who say they would kick the **** out of the guy probably wouldn't try in real life. Yourself excluded. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I wouldn't name names tbh.

Mostly I'd move my bike under the CCTV camera later in the evening, esp if I'm staying behind for a pint but if there's a few club bikes I don't bother as there'll be lads hanging around.

As for people sitting on them, its usually the custom Harley's which draw most attention but most people are courtious enough to ask can they sit on a bike for a photo.

I was always apprehensive of people sitting on my bike when I had one. Particularly my transalp. Heat shield came off the exhaust at one point and it got incredible hot. Wouldn't want someone to get burned they would more than likely drop the bike while they tended to their scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I swear my blood was boiling after seeing this.....

I would like to know what you would do.

It is a ****ty thing to do - what would you do if you caught this lad 'in the act' OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

From my own professional point of view from the field I am, he clearly has some kind of repressed anger that stems from the fact that daddy never held him or mammy not enough?

It was his subconscious which told him to do this unspeakable act, that infuriating part of a person's brain which never responds to interrogation, merely gives little meaningful nudges and then sits humming quietly to itself, saying nothing.

Clearly the subject in this clip has a dependency on alcohol. It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behaviour. My aim would be to delve into his childhood if possible to disect his rage and offer a different path.

I mean we are capable of becoming something monstrous, Don't fight bad forces, use them to do good.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    From my own professional point of view from the field I am, he clearly has some kind of repressed anger that stems from the fact that daddy never held him or mammy not enough?

It was his subconscious which told him to do this unspeakable act, that infuriating part of a person's brain which never responds to interrogation, merely gives little meaningful nudges and then sits humming quietly to itself, saying nothing.

Clearly the subject in this clip has a dependency on alcohol. It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behaviour. My aim would be to delve into his childhood if possible to disect his rage and offer a different path.

I mean we are capable of becoming something monstrous, Don't fight bad forces, use them to do good.

Pmsl best post on here in a while!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Lads are saying what they'd do if they caught someone doing what the lad in the YT clip is doing (did you even watch it?).

As I said, personally I don't give a sh*t if someone randomly sits on my bike ~ however I know other lads who had dragged people off theirs.

If I seen someone actually kick my bike over I'd beat him up, no doubt ask him to kindly wait while I called AGS.

Touch a club bike and I can bet my last cent they'd go medievil on that person, works the same for MCC or MC.

No threats there, just making people aware of the consequences of stupidity.

Yep. Damage it intentionally like the dude in the video and there'd be no controlling me.

I have asked, and told people in no uncertain terms to get off my bike when I used to work in town and park it outside the place.

Advertisement