Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quasar RDA Clone Leaking Through 510 Connection

Options
  • 16-05-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

So i just noticed the 510 well on my sentinel M16 is full of juice , my quasar RDA leaks through the 510 contact pin.

I tried to tighten the screw, but the whole center post just turns with it, what stupidity this piece could have been made solid and thus leak proof.

Anyway it is what it is now, i dont want to grab canter post with a pliers and try to screw the pin up as im not familiar with how its built and i dont want to completely break it.

Has anyone any tips for me on how to stop it leaking ? please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

There's a bit on the Ft forum about it but no fix yet.

Came across this one but he didn't say whether it worked or not.

http://www.rebuildable-ecigs.com/showthread.php?2235-Quasar-by-Cosmic-Innovations

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Thanks jousting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Just spotted this. That's a bummer. I'd grab the centre post with needle nose pliers and tighten the screw in the 510. Be careful though, but that should sort it out. I'll try mine later.

Just spotted this. That's a bummer. I'd grab the centre post with needle nose pliers and tighten the screw in the 510. Be careful though, but that should sort it out. I'll try mine later.

Hi Masonchat, I've just tried mine and I reckon you should be able to fix it. What I did was gently grab the bottom of the positive post with needle nose pliers and then tighten the screw in the 510. As you noticed it will spin unless you hold onto the post firmly. Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Hi moolers i will try that tomorrow thanks , its not the end of the world i just rebuilt it for now with more cotton so juice isnt sitting on the deck and i stuffed around the post with cotton ill see how that goes.

The link that jousting put up , a fella took his apart and the center post is push fitted

• Advertisement

masonchat wrote: »
    Hi moolers i will try that tomorrow thanks , its not the end of the world i just rebuilt it for now with more cotton so juice isnt sitting on the deck and i stuffed around the post with cotton ill see how that goes.

The link that jousting put up , a fella took his apart and the center post is push fitted

Most positive posts and negative posts are press fit. Unless you go for a Zenith v2 with welded negative posts or a Tobh with the negative posts milled out of the base. It's standard practice really. Try to tighten it. Worth a shot.

Advertisement