Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I been ripped off? Dublin Leaflet Printing

Options
  • 16-05-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. Does anyone know anything about the online printing company Dublin Leaflet Printing? The address is dublinleafletprinting.ie I ordered several thousand flyers off them in 2012 and 2013 and had no problems at all. Placed my annual order online there last Thursday the 8th for a 4 day turn around. I received an email off them on Monday requesting additional VAT due to the nature of the flyer (which I was never asked for in previous orders), I paid that and have heard nothing since. My flyers have not shown up and they are not responding to any emails I have sent. There is no contact number on the site and I'm getting very anxious now. I'm on a tight deadline with these flyers. They are needed now. Is there any way I can find out if this company is still up and running or does anyone know anything about them? I'd really appreciate some help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

There is an address on the contact us section of the website. Its 107 Limestone Road, Belfast. If you Google this, it turns out to be the address of a printer called Iris Colour, and according to their website the phone number is +44 (0) 28 9050 7900. You could try giving them a call.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Smajra

Hi GoWhest. Great minds think alike! I'm just off the phone. I googled that address and got the same info you did. I rang the company and spoke to an incredibly helpful lady who told me that no. 107 is no longer occupied but that she had the contact details for the previous occupants. This turned out to be a printing company called Quinns based in Belfast. I rang them and they explained that Dublin Leaflet Printing place orders with them so basically they do their printing for them. They had technical difficulties this week so jobs are delayed. They informed Dublin Leaflet Printing (who are their client) and DLP should have informed me (as I'm their client) but instead they chose to ignore my emails. At least I now have a direct contact number and a job reference. I can also expect my flyers on Tuesday, almost 2 weeks after placing my 4 day order. What a ridiculous amount of carry on which could have been avoided with one mannerly email. So much for customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

How about finding out why you were not contacted before dissing them?

Incorrect email address used or spam blocker blocking emails getting to you are two regular reasons I come across in my business.

Basically I think someone has recived a mail and then find later that simple errors such as @gmai.com - forgetting the 'l' or using a comma instead of a stop. If they bounce back it can be corrected, but if the receivers email service is blocking your mail, you don;t know a customer has received it.

Just saying - best to check first before jumping to conclusions after all you had no issues with them in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I would be more concerned that the address given on the website appears to be the old address of a supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

skelligs wrote: »
    How about finding out why you were not contacted before dissing them?

Incorrect email address used or spam blocker blocking emails getting to you are two regular reasons I come across in my business.

Basically I think someone has recived a mail and then find later that simple errors such as @gmai.com - forgetting the 'l' or using a comma instead of a stop. If they bounce back it can be corrected, but if the receivers email service is blocking your mail, you don;t know a customer has received it.

Just saying - best to check first before jumping to conclusions after all you had no issues with them in previous years.

They managed to email him requesting more money but didnt email him to tell him that the job was delayed. And yet somehow you think that the problems may be on the customers end?

• Advertisement
Advertisement