Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Ended Flight ? ( One Year International Student)

• 16-05-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

A friend needs to book a flight form China to Ireland and then will return after a year in college

I know there was an " open ended " type ticket but i think they no longer exist

If he selects one way it is almost the cost of return anyways - and the airline schedules are not showing flights year later

If some one even knew the name of the type of ticket he needs so we can contact an airline ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 africansun

hi Hmm_Messiah,

first of all - sorry for my English - it's not my first language ;)

What I would suggest and how I did it with my year of social work in Mozambique:

Tell your friend to book a flight including the return ticket. He should chose the latest available return date and book directly at the airline.

A month or so before the return flight he can then change the date of the return flight. I can remember that I flew with British Airways and payed roundabout 50 Euro service fee. If your friend doesn't book at the airline direct the travel agency may apply charges as well.

Also tell your friend to check the terms and conditions before he clicks the booking button to make sure that a change in booking is allowed and how much it is.

Hope that helped! :-)

Advertisement