Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from the soccer forum

Options
  • 16-05-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I’ve been banned from the soccer forum for accumulating 3 yellows, however I’d like to appeal I think the last yellow was extremely harsh and unnecessary.
    The post I made was since deleted, but I don’t see how it could be personal abuse.
    I’m an Arsenal fan and I am due to be watch the final with two small toddlers, I'd like to be able to connect with my fellow arsenal fans on here during it.
    I accept my previous yellows were warranted, but I think the third wasn’t.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed your ban with the mod who banned you - the first step of the dispute process as set out above?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I have asked Gavredking about it and was directed here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

GavRedKing issued the ban, but the 3rd yellow was issued by another mod. The warning message to you was
    this is against the charter as baiting, provoking etc - its only a warning and the exact same has been given to others (inc the poster you targeted) recently for the same thing so please no repea
    The post in question was this (I have removed the name of the other user you were targetting, and replaced it with "aaaxxx", and this is not the first time you have chosen to make specific comments about that poster)
    It almost killed hansen to give credit to arsenal. He posts on boards aaaxxx :-)
    A few minutes after that post you made an attack on another poster in the forum, which again was deleted for baiting. Again I will not mention the poster you were referring to, but your post included the following aimed at that poster
    He wants to spend more time posting about pandas and match thread saps
    - you received no separate sanction for that post.

So your posts were essentially baiting/provoking other users, as set out in the yellow card message. I fully agree agree with the mod's comments in teh warning message and am upholding the card. The ban automatically follows under the forum totting up process

You may of course ask for an Admin to review this decision

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

A harmless joke isn't baiting, nor an attack. as I suspected this was an exercise in futility.

I apologize for wasting your time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement