Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash for clothes

Options
  • 16-05-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one in the area ? I usually just put them in the clothes bank but better off making some money for myself.
    I see one in coolmine that gives you 60c for every 1kg, is that usual going rate ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend one in the area ? I usually just put them in the clothes bank but better off making some money for myself.
    I see one in coolmine that gives you 60c for every 1kg, is that usual going rate ?

Can't recommend one, but I'd be far happier giving a clothing donation to a reputable charity shop, than some unknown "for profit" outfit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Depends on how you define 'reputable charity'!
    THere was a shop in Blanch village (eastern end) but not sure of it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I used one in Clondalkin a few times, then they started routing through the bags and nit picking the best and leaving out the rest. I just give it to a charity shop now. The few euro they give you for all the clothes they get is kind of insulting anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Gaspode wrote: »
    THere was a shop in Blanch village (eastern end) but not sure of it's still there.

St Vincent de Paul shop is still in Blanchsrdstown, just past the Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gaspode wrote: »

Anyone of the following I would define as reputable and would happily donate to, http://www.icsa.ie/about-us/

• Advertisement
Advertisement