Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where is the best place to buy an iPad and which ipad would you recommend

• 16-05-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy an iPad and which one would you recommend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Apple store. An iPad iPad is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

iPad Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Zcott wrote: »
    iPad Air.

They are probably too expensive to be honest.Any disadvantages to getting the ipad mini vs normal ipad. Would they be missing any functions other than having a smaller screen.

Which shop is best to buy from. Do they all come with warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Best to buy from Apple.

TBi wrote: »
    Best to buy from Apple.

Do they have bricks and mortar apple shops In ireland rather than buying off the internet. Are they official shops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kala85 wrote: »
    Do they have bricks and mortar apple shops In ireland rather than buying off the internet. Are they official shops.

No apple shops in Ireland.
    Just buy from arnotts, did, power city or any of the other 100 shops that sell them. All the same price and carry the same apple warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

"iConnect" store in Liffey valley is exclusively Apple goods only.... It looks like an apple store from the outside and is apple branded... It has happy looking staff walking around the place to help you and all the apple computers set up for you to use and play with.... Just like any apple store really.

kceire wrote: »
    No apple shops in Ireland.
    Just buy from arnotts, did, power city or any of the other 100 shops that sell them. All the same price and carry the same apple warranty.

I'll get ipad Mini in did tomorrow so. Closer to me . Thanks for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I have an iPad mini which I chose for its neat size and portability etc and I love it BUT I do sometimes regret not buying the full size one.
    I travel quite a bit and so portability for me was a main factor in choosing the mini but once I'm actually using the thing I often wish it was a bit bigger.

I have an iPad mini which I chose for its neat size and portability etc and I love it BUT I do sometimes regret not buying the full size one.
    I travel quite a bit and so portability for me was a main factor in choosing the mini but once I'm actually using the thing I often wish it was a bit bigger.

Is it possible to trade it back in when I buy the.mini.and get an iPad instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it possible to trade it back in when I buy the.mini.and get an iPad instead

It is if you buy from apple, doubt retailers do the same (maybe the official ones).
    Just on deciding which one -if you buy an iPad mini you're buying a small version of iPad 2, iPad mini retina is a small version of iPad Air (5).
    I would check out refurbs on apple.com/ie (like new with warranty).
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad
    My advice would be -since there are no refurb mini retina'a for sale at the moment- to go for the refurb iPad Air for €419

OP, is this within budget?

iPad Air for €399.

http://m.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-photo-direct-46/39070052

I bought 2 from them for family a month or two ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

OP, is this within budget?

iPad Air for €399.

http://m.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-photo-direct-46/39070052

I bought 2 from them for family a month or two ago.

Wow that's a bug drop in price! I joined groupon to see and it's seems genuine. Only question is are they brand new or refurb units? Apple prices are apple prices and you don't normally see €100 knocked off what it sells for.

Migworks wrote: »
    Wow that's a bug drop in price! I joined groupon to see and it's seems genuine. Only question is are they brand new or refurb units? Apple prices are apple prices and you don't normally see €100 knocked off what it sells for.

They are brand new items. I'm on mine now that I bought last month or so on groupon. I sold my iPad 4 for the same price and bought the air the following day. Took about a week to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

They are brand new items. I'm on mine now that I bought last month or so on groupon. I sold my iPad 4 for the same price and bought the air the following day. Took about a week to arrive.

That's typical a genuine deal and it runs out in two days, before I can get the cash together! Arghhhhhhhh

Can I ask all iPad users, is 16gb enough? Have 16 on my iPhone 5 and it never is, it's not apps its the hundreds of pictures taken as its now the main family camera! Even had to delete my music files to make room. Can't help but think 16 on a pad won't be enough with movies and pics and music downloaded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Depends on what you use it for. I don't use my 16gb iPad for movies or music, it's more of a work device and internet reader. I've only ever bought 16gb iPhones and iPads and it's all I need.

Migworks wrote: »
    That's typical a genuine deal and it runs out in two days, before I can get the cash together! Arghhhhhhhh

Can I ask all iPad users, is 16gb enough? Have 16 on my iPhone 5 and it never is, it's not apps its the hundreds of pictures taken as its now the main family camera! Even had to delete my music files to make room. Can't help but think 16 on a pad won't be enough with movies and pics and music downloaded...

Yes I find 16gb on the iPad enough. My phone is 32gb and nearly full. I don't keep music on the iPad, I use Spotify and only stick movies on the iPad when I'm travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to agree here... Had the mini for a while but couldn't get past the small screen size.

Advertisement