Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISCO CCNA

Options
  • 16-05-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im looking to start a ccna course in dublin soon,and i have found colleges that run courses but i would like to know has anybody else studied or recieved these qualifications and have you got work out of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

CiscoDisco wrote: »
    Im looking to start a ccna course in dublin soon,and i have found colleges that run courses but i would like to know has anybody else studied or recieved these qualifications and have you got work out of these?

What is your background/Skill level?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CiscoDisco

I Dont have a background in computers im studying online for my CCENT and then i want to start the CCNA in dorset college or somewhere,i have found a lot of good material on the CCNA and have a book todd lammie CCNA 7th edition,also other books on the CCENT,so i have all the necessary materials for studying,Im searching for people in the same area who have studies or qualified in these exams

I Dont have a background in computers im studying online for my CCENT and then i want to start the CCNA in dorset college or somewhere,i have found a lot of good material on the CCNA and have a book todd lammie CCNA 7th edition,also other books on the CCENT,so i have all the necessary materials for studying,Im searching for people in the same area who have studies or qualified in these exams

Being blunt about it, you'll find it difficult to get a job in IT in general with just those qualifications and no experience and you'll definitely not get a job straight away configuring Cisco devices.
    You MIGHT manage to get a role on a helpdesk however those courses won't be of much use to you initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CiscoDisco

ok so after i have completed these 2 exams,what would you reccomend,im not interested in computer programming or languages,i like the physical end of networking but i understand security is a big opening in networking

ok so after i have completed these 2 exams,what would you reccomend,im not interested in computer programming or languages,i like the physical end of networking but i understand security is a big opening in networking

Ideally you'd probably want some level of a college qualification.
    Others out there might be more familiar with what is good at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Are you currently working? If not, you can get put on a networking course by FAS. From there, you can go on to do your CCENT/CCNA, but most importantly, at the end of those network courses, FAS will find you a jobsbridge position which is great for job experience.

My brother did this (no IT qualifications, or college), did the jobsbridge thing for 8 months and was then offered a position in a datacenter.

I passed my CCENT and studied for the CCNA but didn't sit the exam because the exam changed before I could get a date to sit it. I need to re-study now.

If you do get a CCENT/CCNA on your own accord, you probably could land as another poster said, a help desk role of some kind.

Ideally, if you like the networking end of things, you should be aiming for a data center role of some kind. Even just smart hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

a degree

Advertisement