Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Border

• 16-05-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am building a border along a wall. I am setting it 15inches from the wall.

Any recommendations of what I should plant? Hedge maybe? Don't want anything much higher than half a metre either.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Which way does it face, does it get sun? What are you looking for, a tidy clipped hedge, something a bit more casual and mixed, flowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

looksee wrote: »
    Which way does it face, does it get sun? What are you looking for, a tidy clipped hedge, something a bit more casual and mixed, flowers?

Hi, faces north east. Gets good sunshine in morning/afternoon.

Open to suggestions really. It is a narrow border and don't want to go much higher than 1/2 a metre so maybe a hedge suits best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a border that sounds remarkably like yours in aspect, and I have so far failed to grow two different hedges in it. So now I have given up and have planted alchemilla (spurge/ladies mantle), berginia, ferns, foxgloves and lilies of the valley. So far they are all doing well.

Advertisement