Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 6 Results

Options
  • 16-05-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Falcons squeak out a 35-30 win against the Vikings. They are the luckiest team I've ever played against. Christian Ponder is ****e yet he kept making lucky throws and it looks like he threw all over me. AP is so overpowered it's ridiculous. He breaks at least 2 tackles every run. Ended up running nearly 300yds on me I think

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Colts @ Titans
    Titans get the ball first
    Wright catches at the 1 gets hit, the ball doesnt even hit the ground and a DB catches, good play on the next drive by the colts However after midfield Verner picks off a pass

Aiken takes a pass to the end zone, Titans make a stop on 3rd and inches, Colts kick a FG.. Titans then throw a pick 6

Aiken then gets an 80 yard TD
    Titans up by 4 with 1:26 left

McCourt picks off a pass with 16 seconds left just outside the Titans redzone

Aiken takes a pass 80 odd yards again for a TD

10-21 Titans at the half, Colts receive

Colts score quickly

Aiken takes the KO.. to the house

A nice play and blown coverage by pollard gets the colts a quick TD
    Hunter drops a pass in the end zone

Titans throw an end zone pick, the DB i dont think leaves the end zone.. but madden thinks differently and my player tackles him in the end zone and its a safety..very very very hard on the Colts

on 3rd and 1 the Titans see Thompson take a catch for a TD

Big Colts TD

31-37 Titans with 7:35 left

Titans go deep left.. its picked

Colts are putting together a very effective drive

McCarthy drops what could have been a game winning pick!

Sanders makes a wonder catch for a 1st down

@ the 2 min warning... Colts are on 1st and goal at the Titans 4 yard line

They score..

aiken takes a pass and then a slide @ the 16 yard line..

Titans run the clock down and kick the FG as time expires

A proper ding dong battle here

Titans with 543 yards of offense, 163 rushing
    Colts with 508, 154 yards of rushing

Smith throws 4 TDs and 3 ints
    Foles is 2 & 2

Reynaud gets 2 TDs and 154 yards, Johnson gets 160 yards and no TD

Aiken gets 230 yards off 4 catches and 3 TDs along with a 106 KO return

Sanders and Jackson combine for 250 yards and 2 TDs
    Vontae Davis with an int and FF

Rock.. dont really know what to say about that game tbh

the fumble on my first drive and then the safety were both bizarre tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What happened was My Player tackled, your player coughed it up.

Werner intercepts in the Endzone and you get 2 points and the ball back

Im sick of this game tbh, i was fed up of it before tonight and what happened with that interception is just the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans beat CPU Packers...threw in my backup QB once was 3TD up

Marshall had nearly 300 yards and 1-2 TD. Thank you Bears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That WR Aiken in Tennessee seems a beast. I wanted him in the draft but got snapped up one spot ahead of me as I remember

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That WR Aiken in Tennessee seems a beast. I wanted him in the draft but got snapped up one spot ahead of me as I remember

Dont let the amount of yards he got fool you mike, 2 80 yard catches where i had landry and Butler picking him up, Butler man to man, Landry in a zone, except Landry didnt stay in his zone, he ran across the field and Aiken and the whole of the field to run free, and on the 2nd catch, i had them both man to man on him, and Landry fell over Butler who was already on the ground after missing a tackle on aiken.

His ko return was what it was, run up the middle and dart to the sideline, you can rarely stop them after that.

I swear this game was just so stupid. You had to see the things that happened in it to believe it, I think Heli wont mind me saying, but he definitely got all the breaks in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I threw 3 ins (one a pick 6) and I fumbled on the 1 yard line which you recovered, I wouldn't say I got all the breaks!

Seriously though I'm baffled by the safety still, really should have have taken a look at the instant replay. I think it was a 4 point game at that point, you would have got the ball at the 20 with about a quarter left to go, anything could have happened tbh

On Aiken his catching is 96 or or something and he's got 99 speed I think so if he gets the ball one on one he is not going to be caught and returns in this game are useless

Ah sure i threw 2 interceptions, in our 1st game i made you fumble twice and didnt recover them so i suppose i was due that one last night, the safety was just typical madden, i caught it in the endzone, im glad you had no mic cos i remember shouting where is he going (quite loudly) as he went to go forward, and before he got out, you tackled him.

What really annoys me now is that puts pay to whatever chance i had of making the playoffs and the rest of the season is a waste of time, ive lost all interest in playing the rest of the games.

Ah sure i threw 2 interceptions, in our 1st game i made you fumble twice and didnt recover them so i suppose i was due that one last night, the safety was just typical madden, i caught it in the endzone, im glad you had no mic cos i remember shouting where is he going (quite loudly) as he went to go forward, and before he got out, you tackled him.

I had my mic, i heard a bit of ruffling from you but nothing else, tbh safety play in this game seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What really annoys me now is that puts pay to whatever chance i had of making the playoffs and the rest of the season is a waste of time, ive lost all interest in playing the rest of the games.

You still have draft position to play for for Madden 15 mate. See out the rest of your games and you'll automatically be picking in a higher position than someone that doesn't or hasn't. Also, if the frustrating losses keep happening for you just know that it's going to mean that, while annoying at the time, you will end up with a better team in Madden 15 because of it and at the end of the day, there's only another few weeks of Madden left before you'll be able to take an extended break and recharge your batteries for the summer :)

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    You still have draft position to play for for Madden 15 mate. See out the rest of your games and you'll automatically be picking in a higher position than someone that doesn't or hasn't. Also, if the frustrating losses keep happening for you just know that it's going to mean that, while annoying at the time, you will end up with a better team in Madden 15 because of it and at the end of the day, there's only another few weeks of Madden left before you'll be able to take an extended break and recharge your batteries for the summer :)

Its very unlikely i'll be back for 15 paully. This has been a terrible game for me, 1st season i didnt make the playoffs due to another team beating more CPU teams, last season i lost 2 games (that wouldve got me a playoff spot) to onside kicks that i won but for some reason the other team got the ball back, and proceeded to score, and this season has started no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

To be fair this whinging is a load of nonsense. Yes the game is under powered on defense, but you have to work at your offense then.

To be fair my secondary rating wise is the best in the league hands down and anybody can throw all over me. But hey that's life and the games problem.

After season one I realised that having the best defense didn't mean **** in madden as the offense is so over powered.

So next season I worked on my offense and it paid off, everything clicked for the playoffs.

Morale of the story is stop complaining and adapt and overcome.

Or go sulk in the corner, but don't bother trying to discredit another players win, or blame a game for your shortcomings.

empacher wrote: »
    To be fair this whinging is a load of nonsense. Yes the game is under powered on defense, but you have to work at your offense then.

To be fair my secondary rating wise is the best in the league hands down and anybody can throw all over me. But hey that's life and the games problem.

After season one I realised that having the best defense didn't mean **** in madden as the offense is so over powered.

So next season I worked on my offense and it paid off, everything clicked for the playoffs.

Or go sulk in the corner, but don't bother trying to discredit another players win, or blame a game for your shortcomings.

I presume this is directed at me, well i stand by everything i said about what happened in the games i played...I seem to remember you beating me with one of the onside kicks, so im open to suggestions over how i can adapt to a situation like that and improve on having scored around 45 points v you and finished the season with the 5th best offense.

Thanks in advance

yeah enough of that, we arent the PFL over here..

The game has its faults and i have been in enough games where something that makes no sense happens to understand rocks frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The simplest thing to do is suggest a change to the sliders, your issues are pass coverage. So pass reaction time will change how the safety's and CB react to it. Pass coverage will change how well your CB sticks to his man.

Increasing tackling will reduce the likely hood of a speciall teams TD.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-last-gen-sliders/654563-madden-25-cfm-realistic-sliders.html

That's an example of nfl realistic slideds. Draw your own comparisons.

The game has its faults and i have been in enough games where something that makes no sense happens to understand rocks frustration

This is basically my point, im seriously frustrated with this game, i dont care about winning or losing, its part of the game, but when you lose games when you contribute nothing, its very hard to take, if i had pressed LB on the onside kicks last season, fair enough i deserved to lose due to complete numptiness but i didnt, same with the safety in our game, if i had usered Werner and left the endzone and gone back in, well i deserved it, but i didnt, i left it to the game as with the onside kicks last season and ive lost

It may sound like whinging to some but its not meant to be, believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

empacher wrote: »

I feel like I am the total opposite to this. I was let down by my D last year in the end. I feel like I can score on offense with anything really or do just as well with a good QB and a decent run game. Whereas on D, I need help from the CPU.

Beat the Saints last night in an absolute slobberknocker. It was one of the toughest games I have played in a long time. I think the final score was 27-24. Both of us found it hard to score and I think at HT it was only 13-10 to me with Paully scoring a TD on a kick return only for me to immediately do the same on his kick off.

The game changer was an interception thrown by Paully in the middle of the field to my LB Howard who returned it for a TD. After that it was game management for me. We exchanged TDs before I was able see out the game by very cautiously and nervously running down the 3 minutes on the clock with a couple of hard earned first downs.

Raoul wrote: »
    Beat the Saints last night in an absolute slobberknocker. It was one of the toughest games I have played in a long time. I think the final score was 27-24. Both of us found it hard to score and I think at HT it was only 13-10 to me with Paully scoring a TD on a kick return only for me to immediately do the same on his kick off.

The game changer was an interception thrown by Paully in the middle of the field to my LB Howard who returned it for a TD. After that it was game management for me. We exchanged TDs before I was able see out the game by very cautiously and nervously running down the 3 minutes on the clock with a couple of hard earned first downs.

Yeah, it was a great game mate. Very enjoyable despite being on the wrong end of the scoreline. Relatively excellent defense played by both of us all the way through.

An extremely silly mistake did for me in the end. I got very frustrated when you returned the kick off immediately after I had done the same to go ahead and started to lose focus, throwing the ball to Murray despite knowing he was covered. Once that happened I was never going to be able to get hold of the ball enough to overturn a two score lead.

Yeah, it was a great game mate. Very enjoyable despite being on the wrong end of the scoreline. Relatively excellent defense played by both of us all the way through.

An extremely silly mistake did for me in the end. I got very frustrated when you returned the kick off immediately after I had done the same to go ahead and started to lose focus, throwing the ball to Murray despite knowing he was covered. Once that happened I was never going to be able to get hold of the ball enough to overturn a two score lead.
    :pac: How can you get annoyed at the kickoff return?

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    :pac: How can you get annoyed at the kickoff return?

Mainly because as it was such a tight game, scoring from a kickoff return (which I haven't done in months) to take the lead and then conceding directly from a kickoff return (which I also haven't done in months) was heartbreaking. The chances of it happening are minimal.

Mainly because as it was such a tight game, scoring from a kickoff return (which I haven't done in months) to take the lead and then conceding directly from a kickoff return (which I also haven't done in months) was heartbreaking. The chances of it happening are minimal.
    I am not sure about how minimal they are. But I am glad we both got one each. I hate when the game comes down to a kickoff return.

Advertisement