Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reliable place to buy iPhone 4 16GB ?

• 16-05-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Friend just called me and wants to buy a second hand iPhone 4 16GB for his niece of 13yo. :roll eyes:

He is considering buying from http://www.gadgetsdirect.ie/ but I am dubious.

Would anyone suggest a better place (not apple) or suggest this this gadgets place is reliable ? I know there is so much bogus selling of iPhones .... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Have they tried CEX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

mad muffin wrote: »
    Have they tried CEX?

Are they more reliable ? reputation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Piliger wrote: »
    Are they more reliable ? reputation ?

I haven't heard of the crowd in the link but CEX have actual stores you can go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I know its not what you want to hear. But get the moto G from amazon. The iphone 4 will be very slow compared to a modern smartphone. Plus any iphone you get will be at least 2/3 years old. You can expect to get much longer from it second hand. Maybe try a seller on adverts.ie with a good rating if she still really wants the phone. But the moto G is brillant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

If shes on O2 network they are selling brand new iPhone 4S's which is the upgraded model of the iPhone 4 for €329
    at the moment.

And if you enter code MAY14RE you will get another €20 off. €309 isnt bad for a brand new one although the model
    is getting very old at this stage. Will be replaced by the iPhone 5C in September and probably get no more software
    updates either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks guys for all the help ! Passed it all on and hope they make a wise decision on where to buy it.

Advertisement