Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 Guardians

Options
  • 16-05-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21 tomdomv7

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

And 2015 won’t simply be the year of “Halo 5: Guardians,” it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the “Halo” television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business. A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the “Halo” television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

Glad to see this pushed back till next year, if Direct X12 does actually help the Xbone achieve better quality in both graphics and FPS, so be it.

Anyways, the box art looks interesting.. opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I can't comment on the box art as you forgot the link

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd like to know who the second Spartan is? Cortana's replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomdomv7

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I can't comment on the box art as you forgot the link

Didn't forget, the post won't let me include any URL links as a "newbie". I'll pm you the link.

I'd like to know who the second Spartan is? Cortana's replacement?

Someone posted a theory about it up on reddit, with their guess that it could actually be chief's replacement sent down to hunt chief.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    here's toms link
    cheers tom

No problem! I'm quite interested in how this will play out now with Cortana now "dead". Also wondering how it will come to a point were the MC decides to leave from the company of the UNSC on a journey of his own?

the fact their calling it halo guardians
    it reminds me of the new game coming from the original halo team bungie called Destiny where the character you play is called a guardian :L looks very similar to a halo game as well

I'll admit that the title of this game had me somewhat confused at first, made me think it was almost like another campaign only type game to help ease the waiting, such as Halo 3:ODST did while people waited for reach to come out.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

tomdomv7 wrote: »
    Someone posted a theory about it up on reddit, with their guess that it could actually be chief's replacement sent down to hunt chief.

I was just thinking the same thing.Cant seem to get a high res image to have a proper look. The spartan could be one of the characters from spartan ops in halo 4.
    Although the armour doesnt do much for me as we have seen it in war games in halo 4. I would of thought that if they were introducing a new spartan to take on the chief that there would be a unique look to them especially since the chiefs armour is so iconic.

On the other hand the generic armour could be a metaphor for how common and less legendary spartan IV's are. Plus the fact that the spartan IV is on top maybe signifies that the chief is now an outcast in what once was a Navy that he was so familiar with.

I may be reading a lot into this one pic but we will just have to wait for E3 and see what happens. Can't wait for this:D

I was just thinking the same thing.Cant seem to get a high res image to have a proper look. The spartan could be one of the characters from spartan ops in halo 4.
    Although the armour doesnt do much for me as we have seen it in war games in halo 4. I would of thought that if they were introducing a new spartan to take on the chief that there would be a unique look to them especially since the chiefs armour is so iconic.

On the other hand the generic armour could be a metaphor for how common and less legendary spartan IV's are. Plus the fact that the spartan IV is on top maybe signifies that the chief is now an outcast in what once was a Navy that he was so familiar with.

I may be reading a lot into this one pic but we will just have to wait for E3 and see what happens. Can't wait for this:D

I'll pm you a link to the high res image, you may notice something about the armor the spartan on type has on.. that could be possible, it's been confirmed by the devs 343i that this is indeed a new character but what you said could also have some meaning.

I'm so pumped for E3 this year, be nice to get some more motivation to look for a job after the conference so i can actually get the Xbone :D

• Advertisement

I'll pm you a link to the high res image, you may notice something about the armor the spartan on type has on.. that could be possible, it's been confirmed by the devs 343i that this is indeed a new character but what you said could also have some meaning.

I'm so pumped for E3 this year, be nice to get some more motivation to look for a job after the conference so i can actually get the Xbone :D

Thanks again for the link:) Yes that armour is definitely Halo 4 and the figure based on the Halo 4 models is male. I read the article on 343i and it looks like there is gonna be a big announcement at E3? The fact that they talk about a journey starting this year but a Halo 2 anniversary wouldnt fit this.

Also this bit of concept art and article are interesting:
    http://www.343industries.org/news/_/343-industries-news/a-piece-of-halo-5-concept-art-r969

Somewhat unrelated but, rumor has it now there is going to be collection bundle called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" released for Xbox ONE this year, comes with all halo's (1-4, not ODST or Reach) remastered in HD and hopefully with 60FPS/1080P and at least, the original multiplayers! :D :O

If anyone wants the link to it, just give me a shout in my PM and i'll link it for you there, can't link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Needs to be a big, bit improvement on Halo 4 for it still to be relevant. Halo 4's multiplayer was great but the single player campaign was such a mess and a major, major missed opportunity to move the franchise forward rather than basically resetting it and adding a few new enemies.

Needs to be a big, bit improvement on Halo 4 for it still to be relevant. Halo 4's multiplayer was great but the single player campaign was such a mess and a major, major missed opportunity to move the franchise forward rather than basically resetting it and adding a few new enemies.

Of course, big improvements in both the Graphics and Framerates would do it for me and to at least include Halo 2 or Halo 3's online. Wow that's actually weird, a lot of people (me included) found the Campaign to be excellent while the multiplayer had sucked, it feels too much like a COD game with the obvious "Create-a-class" and perk system, it needs to be brought back to it's former self.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Somewhat unrelated but, rumor has it now there is going to be collection bundle called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" released for Xbox ONE this year, comes with all halo's (1-4, not ODST or Reach) remastered in HD and hopefully with 60FPS/1080P and at least, the original multiplayers! :D :O

If anyone wants the link to it, just give me a shout in my PM and i'll link it for you there, can't link here.
    I'd say no chance on 60fps/1080P as most can't achieve it as it is with new engines and then doing it on old games that people will only play for retro fun? Waste of money.

Nody wrote: »
    I'd say no chance on 60fps/1080P as most can't achieve it as it is with new engines and then doing it on old games that people will only play for retro fun? Waste of money.

I'd give it time, to be very honest right now actually i'd prefer if the games ran at 720P (upscaled to 1080p) with 60FPS! If this collection turns out to be a fat disappointment (aka it's not legit) then at least we'll have H2: Anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'll wager they'll hit 1080p 60fps relatively easily

COYVB wrote: »
    I'll wager they'll hit 1080p 60fps relatively easily

I believe and certainly hope so or else my doubt on the hardware used in the Xbone would begin to really show how weak/poor it is.

Halo 3 wasn't even running at 720p on the 360. It was around 536i or something at the time and no one cared.

Halo 3 wasn't even running at 720p on the 360. It was around 536i or something at the time and no one cared.

Gameplay over graphics right? :D

• Advertisement

I could care less what res a game is running so long as I'm enjoying it. Low or stuttering FPS on the other hand distracts me so I'd rather a steady solid frame rate over whatever resolution any day.

Agreed, would prefer the game to be running real smooth with okay graphics than it having amazing graphics but painfully sluggish FPS constantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I believe and certainly hope so or else my doubt on the hardware used in the Xbone would begin to really show how weak/poor it is.
    More a question of having to rewrite the whole game engine only to make it run and then spend a lot of effort on optimization on top of it for a series that people are unlikely to keep on playing for very long.

More a question of having to rewrite the whole game engine only to make it run and then spend a lot of effort on optimization on top of it for a series that people are unlikely to keep on playing for very long.

I see your point, think the niche of the product would be playing through them awesome campaigns with the updated textures and such, we'll see what happens now at E3. It's either this is legit or H2 remade in HD, no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just didn't like Halo 3. I played it deliberately years after all that colossal hype.

Every 3 minutes in game, something would happen and you'd hear that ****ing piano interlude. Dun DuDUNNNNNNNN like it was supposed to give you goosebumps or something every time you heard it. Jesus. And that last level was so horribly slapped together, it just reminded me of tetris or world 1 in mario bros 3 with the falling blocks you run across.

Halo 4 was pretty neat. Looking forward to the next installment but I'm set in my ways and won't buy a console for a good long while, if at all.

Has anybody else played the beta? I've played a bit over the last 2 days and it seems like it has promise. It has the feel of classic Halo with new elements that don't take away from the experience.

Hopefully they wont ruin it like the MCC

• Will download this tomorrow....looks like they have a good mix of Halo 2 and faster paced competitive multi going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i played a game, it was grand, few new tricks to get the hang of, but id rather just get good at mcc first! I saw enough to say i'll more than likely buy it(justgnot on its release date after mcc mess)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did someone mention Destiny :)

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i played a game, it was grand, few new tricks to get the hang of, but id rather just get good at mcc first! I saw enough to say i'll more than likely buy it(justgnot on its release date after mcc mess)

Definitely won't be pre-ordering after the mess with the MCC which is still a mess and I cant see them fixing it much more. We should see some other game types by the end of the beta aswel.

Advertisement