Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show - 17th. May 9.35pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

I hope this little lad doesnt morph into a Tubridy style grown up. Fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully all the guests have Davy getting full use of the green room facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Any boardsies here read his books? Are they good?

This kid is very intelligent and mature, scarily so!

Imagine him and Davy Fitz in the Green room!! Polar opposites!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did Skid X say he was going to be in the audience tonight or there as a guest?

If it's the latter I think we have our man here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

not like another presenter (who I would have named last week but am not prepared to name this week as I dont want my legs broken )
    Coward, CH :D
    You wouldn't by any chance be referring to His Skinniness, Sir Ryan of Tubridy, would you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Brendans very good with young people. It's all really positive and no misery.

SNS wouldn't be the same without the weekly dose of cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

He is a nice little guy. Fair dues. Tough to lose his dad so young.

Yep. Fair play to the lad.

• Advertisement

Fair play to him, nice kid - hope he does well.

Spending his time productively on the laptop unlike us boardsies...we can't be saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

any chance of the smurf skit anyone?

LEGEND!!!!

Jesus I'm knackered after watching that clip. :eek:

Where's MrsD?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

That was SO funny :)

M

With bullies you have to take them out either mentally or physically going for the strongest one in their group, either physically thump the bejaysus out of them leaving them bloodied and defeated or else mentally fcuk them up by mentioning that they must be having or had a fcuked up childhood from dodgy parents.

Lapin wrote: »
    SNS wouldn't be the same without the weekly dose of cancer.

classy comment. Sure maybe they should have told the kid not to mention it or his father, in fairness

With bullies you have to take them out either mentally or physically going for the strongest one in their group, either physically thump the bejaysus out of them leaving them bloodied and defeated or else mentally fcuk them up by mentioning that they must be having or had a fcuked up childhood from dodgy parents.

I had a bully at school.

Smashed him over the head with a cricket bat.

From that day on, he and his gang never bothered me again.

• Advertisement

classy comment. Sure maybe they should have told the kid not to mention it or his father, in fairness

I wasn't referring to the guest in fairness.

But you can't deny there is hardly a week goes by without the disease being brought up. It just gets a bit much after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I saw Davy getting huge abuse from Tipp fans in a match against Clare a few years back when he was in goal. I felt sorry for him. Some of it was very personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Yep. Fair play to the lad.

I meant to say to you... I've just invented a new product that you might be interested in... The ladderless paintbrush.. Get to all those hard to reach places without the worry of ending up in the hospital..

ladder.jpg

There is an optional accessory, a horn which can be used to repel the attention of wasps (or to attract the attention of birds)...

I had a bully at school.

Best use most Welshman I know have for cricket bats !

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Mighty man is Davey Fitz.

M

I had a bully at school.

Had an incident one day myself in secondary school where this irritant for probably the guts of maybe 2 years on and off took the pi$$ out of me, one day in class with the teacher out of the class he threw something at me and I suprisingly absolutely bloody lost it by lifting him off the ground against the wall and basically having the look that I could have killed him there and then, respect from that day forth was shown, case closed. Still to this day I don't know what made the chap pick on me, probably assummed I wouldn't ever do anything back rather than any actual problem with me, I was a relatively quite chap :D

• Advertisement
    M

Aslan up next.

I wasn't referring to the guest in fairness.

But you can't deny there is hardly a week goes by without the disease being brought up. It just gets a bit much after a while.

fair enough, but he deserved his slot and story, and it was hardly a depressing interview. Nice to see the inspiration his father (and even his passing) has given him to be so productive.

I dont think its mentioned that often tbh, no more so than in any aspect of life but its a serious and far too common ddisease unfortunately so its bound to pop up more than we would like.

There's hardy a week goes by that a family dosent have the disease isn't mentioned in it. If this helps, it's a good thing.

Aslan up next.

And that odious little man, Billy McGuiness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Is that it?? that seemed awfully quick. Or just ... awful. right, Skid's report next.

• Advertisement

I meant to say to you... I've just invented a new product that you might be interested in... The ladderless paintbrush.. Get to all those hard to reach places without the worry of ending up in the hospital..

ladder.jpg

There is an optional accessory, a horn which can be used to repel the attention of wasps (or to attract the attention of birds)...

Put me down for two brushes.

I'm ok for the horn. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

If only Christ had thought of that one..

"These are the hands of an odious little man"...

I had a bully at school.

Was cricket popular in Wales? If a kid in an Irish school played cricket in the past they would be burned at the stake, never mind bullied!

M

Performing on next weeks LLS
    Christy, having recently received the news that his treatment is working,has decided that now is the time for him and ASLAN to get back to doing what they do best and do a live show. With this in mind the band will be releasing their new single I Need a Little Time and will perform on the Late Late Show on May 23rd.

http://www.aslan.ie/gigs/

Had an incident one day myself in secondary school where this irritant for probably the guts of maybe 2 years on and off took the pi$$ out of me, one day in class with the teacher out of the class he threw something at me and I suprisingly absolutely bloody lost it by lifting him off the ground against the wall and basically having the look that I could have killed him there and then, respect from that day forth was shown, case closed. Still to this day I don't know what made the chap pick on me, probably assummed I wouldn't ever do anything back rather than any actual problem with me, I was a relatively quite chap :D

We Welsh are a usually peaceful bunch as you know :D

I think it was more the SHOCK that I would do what I did that terrified them. I'm not proud of resorting to the ultra-violence, but I had been broken.

Crazy World...classic

cactuspaw wrote: »
    There's hardy a week goes by that a family dosent have the disease isn't mentioned in it. If this helps, it's a good thing.

My own family included. Maybe thats why I think its ott. Don't need the constant reminders on how cruel the disease is. Especially on a Saturday night 'entertainment' show.

I've nothing against anyone who brings it up. I just think it happens too often on the SNS and LLS.

You don't get it on UK chat shows.

Christ, poor ould Christy Dignam sounds rough on those high notes.

Crazy World...classic

Except isn't Crazy World!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

We Welsh are a usually peaceful bunch as you know :D

I think it was more the SHOCK that I would do what I did that terrified them. I'm not proud of resorting to the ultra-violence, but I had been broken.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ;)

How is Christy health-wise these days, anyway?

One of the good guys.

• Advertisement

Sweet Jesus, I thought Fatal Attraction was on, not the LAN.

Too sober for the LAN at this hour, goodnight to ya all.

Except isn't Crazy World!

I know, just sayin' that's all :)

Different Man, also a great song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

How is Christy health-wise these days, anyway?

One of the good guys.

I was just wondering that, how he is. Hopefully he is doing okay.

Was cricket popular in Wales? If a kid in an Irish school played cricket in the past they would be burned at the stake, never mind bullied!

We might have got away with cricket when I was in national school but we didn't know the rules back then.

But itf we as much as looked at a soccer ball, our lives wouldn't be worth living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Bryan Ferry has really changed

My own family included. Maybe thats why I think its ott. Don't need the constant reminders on how cruel the disease is. Especially on a Saturday night 'entertainment' show.

I've nothing against anyone who brings it up. I just think it happens too often on the SNS and LLS.

You don't get it on UK chat shows.

Christ, poor ould Christy Dignam sounds rough on those high notes.

In fairness the UK shows you are alluding to, like GN or Johnathan Ross are basically comedy shows promoting movies/tv shows etc. The LLS or SNS have never claimed to be or operated on this basis of being aimed at audiences looking for that type of "entertainment".

Sometimes these stories need to be disclosed and are far mor poignant than people falling off a red chair!

Note, i do love GN Show, just using it as an example

Bryan Ferry has really changed

What near death incident connects Brian Ferry and Christy Dignam ?

Both were nearly killed on planes.

Where's Skid with his report?

Has he been hitting the O'Hara booze?

In fairness the UK shows you are alluding to, like GN or Johnathan Ross are basically comedy shows promoting movies/tv shows etc. The LLS or SNS have never claimed to be or operated on this basis of being aimed at audiences looking for that type of "entertainment".

Sometimes these stories need to be disclosed and are far mor poignant than people falling off a red chair!

Note, i do love GN Show, just using it as an example

Thats what afternoon TV is for.

• Advertisement

What near death incident connects Brian Ferry and Christy Dignam ?

Both were nearly killed on planes.

Whilst flying down to Riooooooooo.

Sorry.

Advertisement