Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some urgent advice!

Options
  • 16-05-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I'm due to start Gville soon. Second intake. And one of the forms asking about things that I think they said consider if they were to move me or something.
    We'll I've a gf with a child, we don't live together. I'm still a young pup with the parents ha. I haven't had to mention her on previous forms as on paper I'm single male living with parents. Is this something I should mention here as it is something that could affect that.. Or will they question why it wasn't mentioned before. But I didn't see anything that asked specifically about a girlfriend... That you don't live with anyway.

Hope that makes sense... Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Wasn't there a section on the vetting forms along the lines of 'details about your children?'

edit sorry I misunderstood sentence about child!

Did you write any details about your partner on the forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Dekkers wrote: »
    Did you write any details about your partner on the forms?

Nope as it's not my partner technically as don't live with her. She's my girlfriend and we don't live together. Not at that engaged married stage you know? Ha am I over thinking it all lol

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Nope as it's not my partner technically as don't live with her. She's my girlfriend and we don't live together. Not at that engaged married stage you know? Ha am I over thinking it all lol

I can't really mind the forms but there was a bit about partner/partners parents? I don't really know if they'd be all that suspicious of you for with holding information or whatever.

I'd give shield a pm and see what he thinks just to be on safe side!

Sorry meant to say I still think she'd be considered a partner regardless of the status of the relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Relax buddy, enquire at induction! They'll let you know if you need to change or update circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Details of your children were required on the vetting forms. I however didn't include my ex as we've been separated for over 3 years. It stated that in the vetting forms. Personally I think that she should have been included in the vetting, whether or not you're intending to marry her, she's still your gf and the mum of your child, I think that would class as being in a relationship and warrent mentioning. Plus when my ex was applying many moons ago and filling in his vetting he included me, we were bf/gf and I was pregnant but not living together.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Details of your children were required on the vetting forms. I however didn't include my ex as we've been separated for over 3 years. It stated that in the vetting forms. Personally I think that she should have been included in the vetting, whether or not you're intending to marry her, she's still your gf and the mum of your child, I think that would class as being in a relationship and warrent mentioning. Plus when my ex was applying many moons ago and filling in his vetting he included me, we were bf/gf and I was pregnant but not living together.

You didn't read what I said. She is NOT the mother of my child. So there was not a reason to include her. I have now mentioned it to HR at induction who confirmed the vetting forms were quite bland in relation to these cases and she will check and see if further info is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

You probably should have mentioned her on the vetting form under 'partner', regardless of whether you live with her or not. However, I wouldn't worry too much as they are unlikely to cross reference at this stage. I wouldn't expect this too be a sufficient reason for them to post you close to home though, it usually has to be something that really ties you down like a mortgage, and even then it's not guaranteed.

notbrazil wrote: »
    You probably should have mentioned her on the vetting form under 'partner', regardless of whether you live with her or not. However, I wouldn't worry too much as they are unlikely to cross reference at this stage. I wouldn't expect this too be a sufficient reason for them to post you close to home though, it usually has to be something that really ties you down like a mortgage, and even then it's not guaranteed.
    Nah as it's not my partner. On paper I'm a single male living with parents. Even people I spoke with induction did not write down their girlfriends so the vetting forms are bland in that respect. Aw well, I've let them know now that I would like it taken into consideration. Better saying something than nothing at all.
    Bring on Gville! Not long now...

Lucky for some!!!

• Advertisement

Pouncing on the phone every time it rings even though I know it will be weeks to wait :-/

So I got an email yesterday stating they have received info about change of circumstances and that I should have listed my gf as a partner as it is more than 2 years.
    So a note for anyone that is even just in a relationship and not living together seems you need to mention this also.
    I'm getting some forms and have to send back their info and they will look at it urgently thankfully.

Jb12345 wrote: »
    So I got an email yesterday stating they have received info about change of circumstances and that I should have listed my gf as a partner as it is more than 2 years.
    So a note for anyone that is even just in a relationship and not living together seems you need to mention this also.
    I'm getting some forms and have to send back their info and they will look at it urgently thankfully.

If it isn't your child then it will make little or no difference to their choice of where you go sadly. The outer rim (G and ESPECIALLY F) are woefully short of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

If it isn't your child then it will make little or no difference to their choice of where you go sadly. The outer rim (G and ESPECIALLY F) are woefully short of people.

Is the shortage due to most officers being fom A, B, C and D, and wanting get get back home?

Advertisement