Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International languages

Options
  • 16-05-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I hope to study international languages in UCD next year - French, German and Spanish
    In year three you have a year abroad.

I was wondering is this much more expensive than a year here in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

It depends where you go and what your circumstances are. If you live at home here, of course it's going to be more expensive to go abroad and live off-campus, for example. I do the course and we were told that someone who went to France gave English lessons or something and ended up actually coming back with a slight profit! :pac:

Spain is also supposed to be very cheap -- I went to both the French and Spanish Erasmus talks and they advised a budget of €8000 for France, but €5000 for Spain. I'm friends with a good few Erasmus people and they hate the prices here, so I assume Europe is probably at least a bit cheaper!

Advertisement