Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings INNS EXAMS Study Tips

Options
  • 16-05-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi ALL,

Just a quick note regarding studying for the Kings Inns Exams. I have Griffith Manuals from 2011 to 2012 and I am studying for them now. I also have another business so spare time is low.

I havent studied in 5 years and finding it very hard to take notes and identify important issues in the texts. I feel I am doing quantity and not quantity.

Can anyone give any advice on how to approach the exams. Whether to read over all the topics or do it by answering the questions. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted

Would anyone have any condensed notes they would be willing to share.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Not sure if this would apply to the inns, but for every exam I have ever sat I made a list of the specific topic and the general topic it fits under. Usually some kind of pattern emerges e.g. for professional exams, negligence always worked out at 50% of the tort paper, the same with offer, acceptance and formation for contract. I would then focus my attention on areas that were hit the most. I think the courses cover everything just so they can say they did everything and give people the choice on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Not much in the way of patterns in the KI Entrance exams. The first question in every paper carries 50% of the marks, so you're unlikely to pass without being able to produce a competent answer to that. I'm afraid you're just going to have to cover the syllabus fairly comprehensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I found the Inns exams to be more about legal comprehension than memorisation. Take that as you will, your study style is your study style, but the entrance exams are more about understanding what the question is asking and solving the problem than impressing with your memory skills.

Advertisement