Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 8 – May 17th, Foligno - Montecopiolo 179km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

1 Cadel Evans
    2 Rigoberto Uran Uran 0:00:57
    3 Rafal Majka 0:01:10

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bn2NZwACEAAhYEs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Also surprised Quintana didn't attack or do more

Expect him & Pozzovivo to do more tomorrow and next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ulissi - what a ride what a future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Pierre Rolland actually finished the stage 9 seconds ahead of Daniel Moreno who flew past him 350 metres form the finish!

• Advertisement

At the vuelta last year Moreno won 2 stages like today's ....but today didn't have it

Cycling is so unpredictable at times

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Really poor performance by Scarponi, lost 9'39 with 3 team-mates. Even Nico only finish 6'06 down.

Really poor performance by Scarponi, lost 9'39 with 3 team-mates. Even Nico only finish 6'06 down.

Scarponi is hurt after the crash and Nico hurting too I imagine .....so a little slack required

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How did he do today? Was out so wasnt following it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You could see from the shots near the end of scarponi with the 2 teammates that they were taking it easy...werent going at any great pace at all

• Advertisement

A picture of Scarponi's body taken 3 hours ago .....does not look good :eek:

I kinda feel sorry for him as he said he was in great form for this Giro and may not get another chance

godtabh wrote: »
    How did he do today? Was out so wasnt following it

Didn't see him much, he supported Majka until somewhere up the climb to Villagio del Lago. Dropped off the back of the group but didn't drop off too far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didn't see him much, he supported Majka until somewhere up the climb to Villagio del Lago. Dropped off the back of the group but didn't drop off too far.

He probably needs a couple of days to recover but I wonder will we see him attack / go for a break away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

godtabh wrote: »
    He probably needs a couple of days to recover but I wonder will we see him attack / go for a break away ?
    I'd imagine that'd depending on how Majka's doing. If Majka stays up close to the podium, they'll likely keep Nico with him as much as possible to help him up the hills. If Majka drops back in the GC, Nico will be much more free to go for breaks/stages.

Blowfish wrote: »
    I'd imagine that'd depending on how Majka's doing. If Majka stays up close to the podium, they'll likely keep Nico with him as much as possible to help him up the hills.

Kelly said today that Nicolas Roche said he was told by the team not to go on the break ...Kelly thought this was a waste until the last week

I wonder about TCS DSs TBH....the other day Nico attacked too far out as told over the radio by DS to do something and today Majka tried an attack about 1/2km out that went no where but probably used energy ...must be under alot of pressure from Tinkoff to perform ...I think i'd prefer a sponsor - if you put too much pressure on riders they can suffer from performance anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Felt sorry for Arrendo when he was caught.... Then felt really sorry for Rolland when he was caught.... Then I laughed out loud when Moreno pretty much came to a standstill when he was caught :D

Advertisement