Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Di2 ultegra gear jumping

• 16-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Anybody have any thoughts on this.
    Ultegra di2 running 11 28 jumping out of 24 (second largest sprocket ) tried adjusting to compensate with no joy. Rest of gears appear ok

Can't see ann damage on 24 sprocket. Help please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Have you tuned it according to the manual? Ie run the chain into the 5th cog down, press down on the button on the display for 20secs until it flashes, then use the shifter to adjust the derailleur up and down until you are satisfied of no noise north or south of the the 5th gear range. Di2 will adjust the rest after a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Try indexing from the 24t sprocket (you can set gears from any sprocket). You may also have reached the end of the adjustment range (the mech will only adjust so many steps in each direction). Take out the battery while adjusted as far as you can in the required direction this should re set the adjustment mid point and let you move it further.

If this doesn't work and it is definitely not the cassette you may need to get the system checked/updated. I have the e-tube software and interface unit if you are stuck and about the Wicklow/Wexford area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Is the chain directly inline with the 24 tooth cog. If it is then it might be the chain that needs replacing. Check with a chain wear tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Google led me here.
    Just wondering what was the solution to this? I'm in the middle of setting up 11 speed Di2 here and on the e-tube it shows 1 gear out, i.e shows 5 when it's actually on 4.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I dropped my bike with Di2 last year and the hanger got bent slightly and it was only when in the middle range did I have problems until I got it sorted the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

NBar wrote: »
    I dropped my bike with Di2 last year and the hanger got bent slightly and it was only when in the middle range did I have problems until I got it sorted the next day

This.

It can be so slight a bend that you wouldn't even notice.

I am now ultra careful not to hit the RD when carrying the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Mugser wrote: »
    Google led me here.
    Just wondering what was the solution to this? I'm in the middle of setting up 11 speed Di2 here and on the e-tube it shows 1 gear out, i.e shows 5 when it's actually on 4.
    Any ideas?

Have you set the high/low yet, shift rear mech as far as it can go and start from the smallest sprocket. Once it is changing through the required number of gears you can then fine tune.

Advertisement