Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bites on sheath

Options
  • 16-05-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Took my share horse in yesterday and his hind legs were covered in spots of blood, coming from about a hundred bites on his sheath, which is also covered in lumps of dried blood. I washed the whole area and his penis, covered him in fly repellent gel and put him back in his field. Came in exactly the same today, but I saw the flies today. They were all full of blood and they burst when I wiped them off him. Any idea what they are? Look a bit like fruit flies/ midges but fat from all the blood... And also any tips to keep them away please?

I'm probably more bothered by them than he is as he doesn't seem irritated, but stil want to help him all the same!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

(Well) Diluted tea tree and lavender oil sprayed onto the tops of his legs may help. It'd be cheaper than most bought fly repellent and just as effective.

Advertisement