Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No moderator?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Uriel. wrote: »
    Why does it matter to you?

You seem to have to take issue with everything here, perhaps a different "discussion" site would suit your preference for your argumentative, hard done by perspective?
    Aaaaaand we're back to every comment being sooooo serious. Why are you making such a big deal/getting your knickers in a twist/so hung up over me having an opinion on this? Judging by the feeding frenzy on my every ickle comment it's not me that's obsessed here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    So all the thanked Posts or POTD under the Boards.ie account are the opinion of the coder?

It is a simple, functioning way to keep track of the posts. If you want to make more of it than that then fire away but I think most people see it for exactly what it is
    I didn't say they were his opinion. Quote me on that?
    What I said was that they are the responsibility of the coder and owner of the code.
    Yeah, set phasers for kill now too because I have an opinion on something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

This is very disheartening. I had assumed Mr Boards himself had liked my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Shield wrote: »
    I've just locked that thread and deleted a few posts, so don't worry about the lack of forum moderation.

On the issue this thread was started for, I would like to update all, and let you all know that I have just finished another 3 hours of breaking it down, noting the incidents, and typing up my notes. It's definitely taking longer than I thought it would, but I want to try and be fair to any and all contributors on the thread in question.

Regards,

-Shield.

This is like waiting for the O.J. verdict to come in. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

LoLth wrote: »
    the boards.ie account keeps track of the posts that get thanked a lot. we have had an issue with this before where an inappropriate post has received a lot of thanks and get automatically selected as "post of the day" , the boards.ie bot account automatically adds a thanks to make sorting and historical searches easier. Its not a "boards.ie approves this message" its a "this post was popular enough at this time to qualify as a post of the day".
    That is different then. Thanks for the clarification.

It's actually a relief tbh that the site isn't endorsing dehumanising a dead child. Though it does give the false impression to the uninitiated, which must be virtually everyone who reads it that the site is actually endorsing the comments via the thanks function.

Even the language "post of the day" suggests this. I mean a random traveller could murder a child, emotions are running high, someone comments that "these scum should be rounded up and gotten rid of...". 200 bigots thank the post and then you have boards.ie, the legal entity, seemingly endorsing the ethnic cleansing of a minority and listing it as their "post of the day".

Surely it would serve the same admin purpose if it was labelled "most thanked post of the day"? Anyway, that is just food for thought. Far more of concern to me is the incitement to hatred and the incitement to violence. It's so common there that I don't think that there is any need or especially fair to single anyone out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I flagged this yesterday when I was reading that thread and it was already being discussed by admins/staff before BB mentioned it here. It's a technical glitch that can hopefully be addressed.

Advertisement