Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So may take awhile to get used to the T16000m after using the HOTAS X for so long.

Using a button to alternate between forward/reverse thrust especially. Reckon ill be back on the PC version now. Mates have picked up other games on PS4 so probably be giving it a break on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Basically the way game sharing works is this. If the account that owns the game makes one console their home Xbox then anyone that logs in on that console can play the games that account owns. So if you made the X your home console that's where the kids should play and then you log in with your account on the other console.

If you want the kids to play on a console that isn't your home console you need to be logged in on that console while they play (you can log two accounts in at once to do this, their account and yours), while that's happening though you won't be able to play on the other console as you can't be logged in two places at once I think.

Long story short, make whichever console the kids will be using most your home Xbox then you use the other one.[/QUOTE

Cool that worked all set now. The young lads wanted to multi crew in my fully engineered Conda and feel the power. They got bored grinding at around the aspx level :rolleyes: who could blame them. Anyway since my gimbaled weapons don't support multi-crew I fitted it out will all turrets. 3 large beam turrets and the rest multi-cannons. I lost a huge multi but hey it was only for fun.

So I rocked up to a high res and omg I melted all around me. The beams never over heated, they worked great with the big old lumbering Conda. Constantly locked on the target even though it was out of sight. Have I missed something? I might go and engineer them now

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are your sensors fully upgraded? It negates the downside of the range of overcharged engineered weapons.

As you in MC the extra PIP should negate the heat issue.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Are your sensors fully upgraded? It negates the downside of the range of overcharged engineered weapons.

As you in MC the extra PIP should negate the heat issue.

At the moment just stock turreted Beams and MC have not taken them in solo yet. My sensors I think I might just have them light weight. With my normal build I have three large beams with g5 efficient, works great can keep them sizzling for ages, drops shields in no time. Then follow up with all overcharged MC's (1 huge, 2 med &2 small) does the trick all right. These are all gimballed it just I discounted turrets before because of the low dps, but very pleasantly surprised now in how they work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    At the moment just stock turreted Beams and MC have not taken them in solo yet. My sensors I think I might just have them light weight. With my normal build I have three large beams with g5 efficient, works great can keep them sizzling for ages, drops shields in no time. Then follow up with all overcharged MC's (1 huge, 2 med &2 small) does the trick all right. These are all gimballed it just I discounted turrets before because of the low dps, but very pleasantly surprised now in how they work.

Sounds simular to my Conda build. MC's + various mods in top slots and turreted G5 efficient beams in bottom slots and its an absolute monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

FYI, for anyone taking advantage of the discounts on the Fed ships (excl Corvette) the 15% discount offered by Li Yong-Rui stacks with it. So it's effectively a 30% discount at the moment, along with a cheaper rebuy cost! This has been confirmed by Frontier too.

FYI, for anyone taking advantage of the discounts on the Fed ships (excl Corvette) the 15% discount offered by Li Yong-Rui stacks with it. So it's effectively a 30% discount at the moment, along with a cheaper rebuy cost! This has been confirmed by Frontier too.

Bought the gunship and assault ship but are they better than my two Condas and FDL. Would they take down a FDL, they will probably sit in the garage just because I can't be bothered grinding the rank to get them but this is an opportunity to get them. Is the gunship a good PvP I think I've been ganked once or twice by them.

Bought the gunship and assault ship but are they better than my two Condas and FDL. Would they take down a FDL, they will probably sit in the garage just because I can't be bothered grinding the rank to get them but this is an opportunity to get them. Is the gunship a good PvP I think I've been ganked once or twice by them.

Depends on how you build them I guess. I've never used the gunship myself so can't comment either way. But I've a (mostly) fully engineered Assault Ship. Which I've built primarily around PvP but hasn't seen much combat to date. They both can be hull tanked though as shields aren't great on them. Considering swapping the shields out for biweaves and thermal resistencing them.

It's a ship I've had a lot of fun flying though as it's fast and very maneuverable. Could easily manage the NPC condas and FDL but the ones flown by CMDR's might be another matter.

FAS is one of the most fun ships ive flown in elite once engineered. I even put up with its abysmal jump range when going somewhere as i like it that much.

Can pretty much kill everything in RES sites and with the thrusters engineered its fantastic in CZ's too,470 boost with grade 2 DD's,nothing NPC wise can catch me if it gets a bit heavy. Doesnt seem to draw much agro in CZ's either.

Mostly can kill larger ships as they cant get turned on me. Thats the biggest single advantage the ship has imo. Its firepower isnt great but if the enemy cant hit you you will win out in the end.

No PvP in it other than messing with my mates. Lads arent the best at combat though so not a good test:P

• Advertisement

Well I got owned tonight...:o

Decided to do the combat community goal as I've never done one before and I am pretty happy with my Conda build at the moment. No probs with any NPCs melts them really. Anyway I rock up to the compromised beacon and start wrecking npc's loads of other players as well. But then all of a sudden a bloody corvette starts gettin' all up on my grill, literally...bumping me, crossing in front of me etc. Didn't know was I stepping out of line with these CZ rullrs, stealing kill or something but he wasn't shooting at anybody himself ù8 . But I didn't take the bait, all my guns are turrets so he didn't get caught in any cross fire and eventually he moved on.

So anyway I'm done for the evening so head to the station and cash in. But couldn't help and popping out to do one or two more. So low and behold here is this a-hole just out side the station. So I just buzzed the tower as they say and boosted straight past him to let him know and went straight to SC to the CZ. So surprise surprise he follows me and interdicts me. Now in the back of my head one of the reasons why I did the community goal was to have a go at PvP because at these things it attracts the gankers. So I submitted and gave it a go, I could well afford the rebuy and I had no bounties stored, so nothing to loose.

Corvette v Conda, I thought I might have a chance:rolleyes: but alas no. I think I took down one bar of his shields but all of a sudden bang my shields down and I was on life support. Nothing was working and was looking forward to the rebuy screen. But he never came in for the coup-de-gras, just left me there with 7mins of O2 no fsd, trusters or nothing. So I start looking for the self destruct button but decided to play around with the module priorities and to my utter surprise I got power and fsd back so was able to limp home phew.....

Now this raises a few questions? Firstly I need to get a corvette....and secondly did this dude know i was able to limp home or did I luck out.

It also highlights to me I'm a complete novice, these engineered to f**K corvettes are serious machines and I need to get one. My so called Enginnered Conda is on My a plaything :P

He left you for dead on purpose.

Corvette vs Conda is like M1 Sherman (1940s) vs M1A1 Abrahrams (now)

There some good Conda builds but corvette has more weapons and more armour and a bigger shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

He left you for dead on purpose.

Corvette vs Conda is like M1 Sherman (1940s) vs M1A1 Abrahrams (now)

There some good Conda builds but corvette has more weapons and more armour and a bigger shield.

I was Googling the top boost speed of a Corvette with DD5 engineering. It seems to be about 340m/s, at least I can still run away!!

I was randomly invited to wing up with 3 guys who had a corvette each. I was literally having to make an effort to just get a single shot in before targets blew up so I could claim the the bounty. I didn't feel like I was helping much in my FDL :)

Almost sure my Corvette does 353m/s but It could be a combination of other items engineered.

Almost sure my Corvette does 353m/s but It could be a combination of other items engineered.

I suppose if you take into account some weight reduction mods. But still, it's a big ship. It shouldn't be allowed go too fast :)

My Corvette does 351m/s, 31% multiplier on optimal and a few modules with lightweight engineering.

Jumped on for the first time in a while last night and started the CG's. Completely forgot I had a fighter pilot employed, made 4.5m in the Haz res and lost a load on my hand in cause of it! No fighter bay so didn't think of it!

• Advertisement

Right so how do go about gettin' myself a Vette?

This will be the next grind for me I think I am at ensign now, is it a case of rocking up to Ceos-Sothis? I cant seem to find any naval missions where I'm based. I heard that its a real grind to get to rear admiral

That's a viable option, donation missions and surface scan missions are the ones that have the biggest influence on your rank, particularly donations. 17 Draconis is also a viable option (except when in Outbreak state) as you'll get a lot of donation missions. I ground out the last 2 ranks there. The only issue with it though is you won't get a navy mission, well I didn't anyway, had to fly off to another allied Fed faction to get them.

Either that, or find a system that offers high paying tourist missions. Like the ones offered by Rhea recently. Where it's a jump to an adjoining system with a longish supercruise. Killing 2 birds, grinding Fed rank, trade rank and making a lot of money doing so. I'm unaware of any Fed faction ones though so you may need to look around.

That's a viable option, donation missions and surface scan missions are the ones that have the biggest influence on your rank, particularly donations. 17 Draconis is also a viable option (except when in Outbreak state) as you'll get a lot of donation missions. I ground out the last 2 ranks there. The only issue with it though is you won't get a navy mission, well I didn't anyway, had to fly off to another allied Fed faction to get them.

Either that, or find a system that offers high paying tourist missions. Like the ones offered by Rhea recently. Where it's a jump to an adjoining system with a longish supercruise. Killing 2 birds, grinding Fed rank, trade rank and making a lot of money doing so. I'm unaware of any Fed faction ones though so you may need to look around.

Cool I'm based in Parutis and that's Fed, is it just the case in doing as many missions as you can to build rep and then by chance find a navy mission to actually get the rank change.

Do killing pirate lord and massacre missions count? I like doing them on occasion. I just couldn't stand the thought that after finishing grinding engineers (which I'm still doing), that I'd have another grind ahead of me. I just want to play the game :)

Cool I'm based in Parutis and that's Fed, is it just the case in doing as many missions as you can to build rep and then by chance find a navy mission to actually get the rank change.

You'll normally get the navy missions from Fed / Imperial minor factions once you're allied with them.

Oh yeah, completely forgot Parutis has Fed factions! Yeah, take the missions to Medb and try get Fed ones for the way back. Even if the payout is small it's still some rank! Made several billion doing that run, in a conda you'll be making ~160m a run once allied with the various factions.

Make a boat load of money there and then go do donation missions in 17 Draconis to grind the last ranks. Last 2 ranks will cost about 200m in donations though.

• Advertisement

Do killing pirate lord and massacre missions count? I like doing them on occasion. I just couldn't stand the thought that after finishing grinding engineers (which I'm still doing), that I'd have another grind ahead of me. I just want to play the game :)

Yeah, every Federation faction mission counts. Just some have more influence than others. Trade missions being the lowest. If you're not too rushed just look for missions that have a high influence on rank and take those.

I spent a long time not being too pushed and just playing the game, then had a sudden urge for a Corvette! So found ways to make it happen fast!

Best of luck on the Corvette grind, Data runs/Donation/Slaughter missions are good fun but jesus they get boring.

I did it this way per evening in a balanced Conda:

Ceos/Sothis 2 or 3 runs
    Then head of 17 Draconis (got lucky here a few times with those kill 72 pirates for 17m missions) Rank + money to donate.

Then head off engineering or something, so every night i was adding rank but still playing the game.

It took a long time maybe 2 or 3 months to do it.

Note when you get the navy Rank mission, you dont have to do it. You can ignore if it bores you and any other missions will gain you rank in the background.

It took a long time maybe 2 or 3 months to do it.

Note when you get the navy Rank mission, you dont have to do it. You can ignore if it bores you and any other missions will gain you rank in the background.

2 3 months! yikes

I think I need to find a navy mission just to see where I'm at now I have done a lot (Elite Trader) since the last time I done one

I think the time it takes to do the rank grind is down to luck a lot though as well.

I did my Imperial rank, from 0% of the starting rank to Duke in 3 weeks. I went to Wu Guanagi (spelling?) and got a great variety of missions there, so had a lot of fun ranking up. It really felt like playing the game more than grinding the rank. Now compare that to my leisurely grind of the Fed rank which took about 9 months, mainly cause I didn't care much for it at the time.

But like Dreamers said, if the navy mission doesn't appeal to you, ignore and wait for one that you like the look of but still keep ranking up.

The massacre missions in 17 Draconis are great fun and great for money too.

Just to add keep an eye on the latest "money maker" because at 1.2 Billion fully A rated with reactive mirrored, it will not be cheap.

Just to add keep an eye on the latest "money maker" because at 1.2 Billion fully A rated with reactive mirrored, it will not be cheap.

What is a good money maker at the moment?

People transport from Parutis to Medb. ~160m a trip in fully loaded (economy cabins) anaconda. 35 min supercruise in Medb is what makes the payouts big. So between board flipping to fill your ship and the SC time that's not a bad return financially for around an hours work. There's others too, that's just the run I'm most familiar with.

If exploration is your thing, look up Road to Riches, bit more time consuming though (maybe).

Modules can be rebooted cant they when they get to 0% gives you back 1% to limp home.

If you had hull left the player may have seen this and decided not to go for killing blow.

I find fighting the bigger ships with multi cannon their PP will go before i can get the hull down all the way. They sit there for a min,reboot,then PP is back to 1%.

People transport from Parutis to Medb. ~160m a trip in fully loaded (economy cabins) anaconda. 35 min supercruise in Medb is what makes the payouts big. So between board flipping to fill your ship and the SC time that's not a bad return financially for around an hours work. There's others too, that's just the run I'm most familiar with.

If exploration is your thing, look up Road to Riches, bit more time consuming though (maybe).

Thanks! I unfortunately don't have an Anaconda. I have an ASP Explorer and an FDL. Could I make a bit of cash on that run using an ASP Explorer in order to buy an Anaconda?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Modules can be rebooted cant they when they get to 0% gives you back 1% to limp home.

If you had hull left the player may have seen this and decided not to go for killing blow.

I find fighting the bigger ships with multi cannon their PP will go before i can get the hull down all the way. They sit there for a min,reboot,then PP is back to 1%.

I've seen this as well as I tend to target the PP anyway. Leave them a while and they get going again.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I unfortunately don't have an Anaconda. I have an ASP Explorer and an FDL. Could I make a bit of cash on that run using an ASP Explorer in order to buy an Anaconda?

Of course! ASPx isn't a bad choice either, decent internals.
    I've seen this as well as I tend to target the PP anyway. Leave them a while and they get going again.

Depending on the ship I might sometimes target the Shield Generator, say if it's a ship that you can't easily target or get a fix on the PP, as it might be in a better position to destroy.

Of course! ASPx isn't a bad choice either, decent internals.

Depending on the ship I might sometimes target the Shield Generator, say if it's a ship that you can't easily target or get a fix on the PP, as it might be in a better position to destroy.

After reading here about it, I googled and found a decent guide on Reddit that goes into a little more detail. I think I'll finish visiting my 50 markets for Lei Cheung tonight and then I'll go make some money for a bit. I'd love to get an Anaconda, just because :)

After reading here about it, I googled and found a decent guide on Reddit that goes into a little more detail. I think I'll finish visiting my 50 markets for Lei Cheung tonight and then I'll go make some money for a bit. I'd love to get an Anaconda, just because :)

My two kids are doing this at the moment, lucky for me I got a XBOX X over over xmas so now I have two. Anyway and ASPX can fit about 30-40mil per trip so about 6 7 trips will get you enough to buy a Conda fit that straight away with cabins and you are now into 100m+ per trip. I usually get about 120-130m a trip. I think you should aim for around 160-180m for your first Conda, just to do these runs no guns or flashy stuff. Its then about €800m to A rate it

You are aiming for a Corvette without flying the Conda? Conda is slightly smaller but flying the big ships is completely different to any of the others.

The cutter just about fits into the slot.

Havent played in a while but did find one that was 150m for per trip and it took 28 minutes per trip and it wasnt medb.

dreamers75 wrote:
    You are aiming for a Corvette without flying the Conda? Conda is slightly smaller but flying the big ships is completely different to any of the others.

The cutter just about fits into the slot.

Havent played in a while but did find one that was 150m for per trip and it took 28 minutes per trip and it wasnt medb.

This. Flying the Conda before the other big ships is essential imo. Not as expensive if you meet the rebuy screen, gets you familiar with the higher fire power, possibly managing fighters and more sluggish handling (esp with lower class thrusters). Plus, who wouldn't want a flying Swiss army knife?

No I've actually two Annaconda's :p one for passengers and the other for combat (and a FDL, AspX, beluga liner, FAS & FGS...) the federal ships I just bought because they were on discount last week and no rank limit. The combat one is mostly fully engineered also. It's my two kids are now playing elite and grinding for one.

I've had them for a while but I always thought the Conda and the vette were similar enough but obviously not so that is going to be my next challenge.

I've had them for a while but I always thought the Conda and the vette were similar enough but obviously not so that is going to be my next challenge.

Oh right they are similiar but the Corvette is a murder machine, The conda is the swiss army knife, corvette takes the pointy bits of that and makes them deadlier.

It is not a PVP ship tho, its a PVE tank.

Ganked again:( this time it was a tag team of a Cutter and a FDL. I lasted about 2 mins and this time they finished me off proper. What's pissing/depressing me off is I may as well been in a sidewinder I lasted so long, not in a reasonably well engineered Conda! I have a lot to learn. Also I didn't have my bug out strategy in place so I could high wake it out. But it was in a CG and they just surprised attacked me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just a 'new guy' post. Skip if you don't really care

Suppose I have to post here sooner or later.... So first ED post now that I'm getting into to the game.

Have it few weeks now, landing was a huge uphill struggle but got myself a HOTAS setup now. (game plays so much better)

Just spent half a day going to the wrong place that was 400LY away...
    Have found the online play is nuts at times but a PVE group 'Hammers of Slough' have taken me in, good to learn as player killing gets you banned.

So that was me.

See you in the black.

• Advertisement

Join Mobius for the biggest PVE group

Awesome passenger runs on Paretus to Medb, Anaconda here I come :) Thanks for the tip!

god's toy wrote: »
    Just a 'new guy' post. Skip if you don't really care

Suppose I have to post here sooner or later.... So first ED post now that I'm getting into to the game.

Have it few weeks now, landing was a huge uphill struggle but got myself a HOTAS setup now. (game plays so much better)

Just spent half a day going to the wrong place that was 400LY away...
    Have found the online play is nuts at times but a PVE group 'Hammers of Slough' have taken me in, good to learn as player killing gets you banned.

So that was me.

See you in the black.

Where do you hang out currently? I'll look you up if I'm around that way :)

I think Mobius and Mobius PvE are both "full" now cause they've created a new group Mobius Eurasia and directed people there.

Too many groups at this stage I'm thinking of just playing in Open in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Where do you hang out currently? I'll look you up if I'm around that way :)

Currently at Vesper-M4 (Slough Orbital station). They have a station and planet named after them.. don't know if that's a normal thing in this game or not at this stage.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it really, only on my 2nd ship, a Hauler that's upgraded to the max. 20LY jumps are fine for me at this stage.

Well ok I kinda murdered someone...:o bloody npc i think walked in front of me and he must have been very low health or something. Anyway how do I get out of this, I somehow I managed it I get my Conda into the base without being scanned phew first time for everything. Anyway this whole suicide winder thing is gone now obviously because I bought one and nothing. Is the ship now wanted. I have 4 days or something for it to wear off. Luckily for me it's in Aditi, the arsehole of nowhere the younger lad was grinding imperial rank.

How do I get away with murder as they say:p

• Advertisement

If it's off in a system you won't be in for a while I wouldn't worry about it. You might get bounty hunters after you for the few days, but let them hit you first and then you can let loose on them! Bounty only applies to systems where that faction are based / present. Unless it was a real player, Pilots Federation bounties apply everywhere, found that out the hard way recently...

Think the Orca might be my new AspX,51% optimal mass roll and its doing 40ly unladen. Pretty happy with that and coupled with how it handles its great to fly.

Could do with a slot or two more but similar to the asp in that respect.

I had been ignoring any kind of money generating activity for the last few weeks as I concentrated on engineering everything in my FDL. I was never big on doing anything other than bounty hunting as well! So I was down to owning my ASP Explorer, FDL & maybe 7 mil in the bank.

I think I did about 5 trips in my ASP Explorer in a not very optimal passenger configuration. Also on my first trip I didn't realise some passengers don't like sharing :) But after those few trips I had 160 mil in the bank and now I've bought a Type 7 and outfitted it for carrying passengers - lots of passengers!

I hope to get some time to do 2 or 3 trips tonight in the Type 7. All going well I think I should be making a lot more per trip than I was in the ASP Explorer. It's very boring (although I do take the time to watch some Netflix on my iPad while keeping an eye on the game for any Interdictions) but very profitable. Just thought I'd post this up in case anyone else was reading and wondering was it worth their while!

Does anyone know is there a quick way of getting your ship build into coriolis.io ? or do I just have to not be lazy and just do it manually? :)

Does anyone know is there a quick way of getting your ship build into coriolis.io ? or do I just have to not be lazy and just do it manually?

Download Elite Dangerous Market Connector. When setting up you can choose e:dshipyard or coriolis. Launch when you're in game and you can click on the ship name and it pulls in everything including engineering and opens it in your browser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement