Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite: Dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Man the rebuy screen for a Vette stings:( no matter how much money you have....

Stupid really, just grinding out a massacre mission in a haz res and took on a Conda in a wing of 2 only, the other being a viper I think. Normally I just melt em but this a-hole was popping scb's like skittles so couldn't get his shields down. Anyway I was a few seconds late popping my own scb so my shields went down (only bi-weaves but thermal engineered) and I went into panic mode. Pressing buttons like a fool deploying hardpoints only after retracting them, no pips to engines so couldn't boost, tried to low wake but mass locked, tried to high wake but the system I choose was behind the planet......etc etc you get the message. Up to then I was breezing through, but it's amazing how quick things can turn ugly:o

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You should have rammed the Conda with shields on full they will do it to you.

Do you have 2 or 3 SCBs on the vette for a potential 12k shield? Only ever had 2 rebuys in the Vette and one was a ganking in Mobius.

Playing the betas and there is some nice minor touches nothing major but nice little things. The megastructures being lootable is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Yeah some really nice QOL improvements in the beta, looking forward to it actually coming out.

Here's an idea, something I've been doing here and there since discovering how great the mat / data traders are.

Drop all your grade 1 - 3 mats / data and focus on building up the amount of grade 4 & 5 you have, the materials / data traders will easily sort out the grades 1 - 3 after that, by breaking down the 4's & 5's. Really good return on it too. Hopefully they keep the returns the same for the actual update.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Do you have 2 or 3 SCBs on the vette for a potential 12k shield? Only ever had 2 rebuys in the Vette and one was a ganking in Mobius.

Yeah I have 2 banks of 7a SCBs, this is the first time I lost my vette, my mistake really as I said I panicked and did a few fundamental errors in not getting out quicker, I thought I had him but he kept on popping those bloody SCBs himself. Its the one things I think I dont have sorted in my vette, my shields. I think are showing only about 1800 and its engineered for thermal but I feel I don't have it set up right. Im on the road for the next couple of days and when I get back I might ask yer opinions on my stats and set up. although 9 times out of 10 I will go into a haz res and the only treason I leave is because Im out of ammo and I will leave at still 100% hull

That saying over the last two weeks and I probably shouldn't have with the changes coming in engineers I upgraded my two huge MC's to G5 (I only had them at G4) and boy oh boy did I luck out with the experimental, I got one Corrosive and the other Thermal Shock :D:D:D OMG talk about melting ships this brings it to another level

7B banks are much more worthwhile than A's, higher effective recharge due to the extra shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So pristine rings for mining,would i be right in saying that one set of rings around a planet is split in two or more parts?
    In the system map description im seeing A and B ring for the same planet. Gonna assume the A part is closet to the planet

One rocky and one metallic. Im mining for selene so will also need painite and im wondering which of these two types is it more likely to be in?

Up to 100 tons refined and no painite so far. Mining is surprisingly not as bad as i thought it was gonna be,yeah its a bit boring and i probably wont do too much with it other than engineer stuff but in a chill way its enjoyable enough.

Wanna get hull engineering on the FAS,might even go shieldless depending on the results:P

Pristine metallic rings is where you'll find it. Prospector limpets make life a hell of a lot easier.

If you have a Conda you can do it one go, buy the best refinery, best limpet controller.

Tbh I would wait knowing the next patch will let you pick what materials you dont want leaving your little drones to get only what you want.

Mining is boring but surprisingly rewarding financially.

Also worth noting that, in beta anyway, Bromellite was being offered as mission rewards in pretty substantial amounts. So it might be possible that Painite will be too. Handy to get them that way, but you'd still have to do the 200t of mining, or whatever amount it is, in the first place.

• Advertisement

No conda on the PS4 which is where im currently doing it but have a vette to do it on PC and was gonna wait till 3.0 on PC to start it.

Does she not require you to refine the painite rather than just a hand in? Same for Bromilite engineer? Thought they had to be refined

Using the python(PS4)wit a 5A controller which gives 3 limpets so not too bad,got that 100 ton in about an hour last night. 4A refinery seemed just big enough also. Would be nice to have more room though!

Goal is just to get the 500ton for selene,hopefully by doing that ill get a few painite toward the 10 needed for her too. Cant see mining being a career in elite for me,enjoyable enough,but it will prob just be for the engineers unless beyond brings about interesting changes to it.

Jesus,RNG is so s**t.

Mining in the same place as a friend,he has mined 80t of ores,has 2 painite.

Ive mined 150t......0 painite

Gonna have to go back and get some prospector limpets so,no idea how they work but if they save time looking for painite ill be happy.

Prospector Limpet Controller...!

Its not RNG

You did use this https://eddb.io/body for Pristine yeah?

Utterly pointless if you didnt :D

I used elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk to find a pristine ring.

Just find it strange that he got 2 with half the amount mined and i got none,neither of were using prospect limpet controller and were about 2km from each other

Ill get on the prospector controller next time im on

Ok so only getting back to this now,really burn through the limpets but yeah the prospectors are so much better for painite. Cheers for the tip.

Got the 10 needed in the last 80t ive mined being really picky plus about another 5,i can see now how it could be profitable. Now just to get the last 200t and ill have the engineer

• Advertisement

Seen as i had the ship outfitted went and did the 50 bromelite for engineers as well.

Felt like a more reasonable target than the painite and the 500t. They could lower that to 300t and the 10 painite.

Overall mining wasnt a terrible little diversion for the last while. Bit boring but after doing it im more looking forward to see how it changes in beyond. It has potential for sure.

Now im off to get G5 PA's:D

System permit for Alioth,didnt realise. Now stuck in a python with the 50 bromelite that i have to cart round while getting allied for the permit,i put the cart before the horse:(

Found read outpost in 78 ursae majoris though and they just want mostly low grade commodities which i can get one system over in alcor at fast landing,so im bout half way up friendly:)

Ouch, did the same myself, it's a pain!

Got the permit done last night and went with G4 efficent PA's,ive to pick up a few proto heat radiators for G5 rolls.

Is efficent the way to go with PA's? Dont particulary see any reason not to go efficent atm but i could be missing something. Not sure range would help as i can stay pretty close in the FAS anyway

Gonna look for the radiators tonight and get G5 and experimental effects on them,not sure what to get there either!!

Efficient are by my go too and probably the est mod imo. Reduction in thermal load and power draw (especially thermal load) are a must for me if I'm running PAs

Proto Heat Radiators can be found in High Grade USS in Boom systems (shipping lane / deep space), make sure you set your throttle to about 10%. Also USS spawn more in higher populated systems.

• Advertisement

Was surpised i had none,unless i used them all elsewhere. I regualry drop into USS's just for fun when in a combat ship so have a dcent amount of those types of mats but no radiators at all.

Beyond - Chapter 1 out this day next week

A Guardian Gauss Cannon.

In the trailer its on a Chieftain so size 3, I would like to pre order some for my Corvette.

zkg0j6jyqdh01.jpg

Looks awesome, need to find out more about this plasma charger (below).

Wonder will these be just anti-Thargoid weapons or will they be effective against human targets too...

From reddit: Image is huge when embedded

Nearly lost me another Vette the other night got baited by player, real sly move.

Was in Sol going to the engineer in my Vette and got interdicted, didn't even notice it was a player until I submitted. But hey no biggie I'm in my combat Corvette. Normally if its a player I get the hell out of there straight as I know these guys are rigged out for PvP and I'm not. Anyway quick scan and he was in a Courier so I said what the hell lets give this a go but I did notice that it said that he was in a crew of 4 ......but they were nowhere to be seen so I start blasting. Took down his shields in no time and he boosted away but I have long range beams :p but still he out ran me. But I got him down to 80% only after one pass when he boosted past me, he realised that he was out matched and high waked the hell out of there.

So I gather my thoughts and re lock the engineer etc and low and behold he comes back by. So I stared blasting again and took his shield down again almost straight away but I found it strange that he was holding back about 4km etc away from me but again I have long range beams so I was hurting him. Then all of a sudden (ye all know where this is leading to;)) boom his other buddies jump in and suddenly its 4 v 1 :eek:

Didnt even get a chance to see what they were but my shields went down QUICK cannons I think but there was 4 of them. Only just managed to get the hell out of there I was down to 60% and systems were staring to fail was full sure I was gone.

Anyway is this a normal tactic with these guys? seems a low ball move in my eyes

Seems like a standard tactic to me. They usually prowl in one system or in local systems so they can get to each other quickly. Lure someone in with a "weaker" ship and then the others move to get to them in support. If he didn't demand cargo then they were purposely out to gank players. They usually hang out in systems with engineers cause player traffic is higher.

I remember a long time ago, flying the combat conda, getting pretty much insta-killed in Laksak. Landed into the system, interdicted almost instantly and dead within seconds. No chat, no threats, just shooting. Corvette and 2 condas if I remember correctly. That was the old tactic, now you see players flying around on their own but in wings, usually a sign that they're either pirating or ganking. I don't mind the guys pirating, you can have a bit of craic with them at least.

But what happened you sounds like ganking to me, they baited you with the smaller ship then launched their attack. Guy you were fighting bugged out to wait for his buddies to show up. Sounds like he purposely low waked (hence the boosting past you, as he was mass locked) to stay in system and interdict you again when his buddies showed up.

Before the update drops tomorrow don't forget to take a backup of your binds (just in case);

\Users\UserName\%AppData%\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

Cinematic.

Check out the image at the very end.

Guardian ships confirmed?

Also thats a cracking trailer.

Off today on my last day of holidays so watched most of the live stream. One of the devs hinting that hes excited by the stufff thats not in the patch notes that players will find and figure out.

Presume he is alluding to alien stuff,most likely guardian givin the recent Ram Tah CG and the weapons broker but looking at the trailer it looks to me like the guardian narrative will also get some attention,maybe the ruins will have something new. Looking forward to that.

Other than that ill be buying the chieftan and getting a DBX up to its max range for the palin trip on PS4 with the new engineers. Ive actually only 72mil in credits so the exploration data money will come in handy when i get back to properly outfit the chieftan. I happily have hardpoints bought and engineered for it already so most just upgrade and engineer the internals.

In general im pretty excited by this update,didnt play the beta so that would explain it a bit.

Still no client update for me on steam,anyone else download it yet? Bit tight on SSD space currently:(

The release trailer:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Elite is such a sexy game if you can get away from the grind. Hoping this new patch at least reduces grind, gives a better idea of the overarching story ingame and makes it accessible without using 3rd party sites.

The wing sharing missions sounds promising.

It's all a step in the right direction imo. Hopefully more of the same with the remaining 3 updates throughout the year.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    <snip>

Check out the image at the very end.

Guardian ships confirmed?

Also thats a cracking trailer.

Guardian AI ships I'd say, I mentioned a long time ago that I was convinced they were somewhere out there in the black, lets hope we don't pi$$ them off too...

Z3CmiYr.png

Moore meat for the rare material grinder :D

Been exploring all the new Guardian sites today, would highly recommend doing them, hell of a lot of fun. Would be a good idea to explore them in a wing. There's puzzles to solve and things to shoot. Really well designed.

Gonna head over some time soon myself. Been playing with the chieftan so hadnt had a chance and a mate came on last night and let slip a big spoilers so wanna head over before i know anymore.

Hes one of those a**eholes that watchs videos on the stuff before hes done it then trys to tell everyone he knows all about it.

Have ye noticed there is a lot of bugs with this patch?

Said I didn't have a permit to farseer
    The gal map keeps on setting economic routes
    Pinned a blueprint but now saying I don't have it pinned

Otherwise used the material trader to great effect in getting the last few data scans to unlock two engineers saved a bunch of time right there. Got my AspX to 60.9% optimised mass on the FSD which is great.

Been bug free for me,only been doing wing missions and a samll bit of engineering though so that stuff may just be bug free.

Been pretty bug free too apart from a couple of crashes at the Guardian sites, but they've been mainly down to my PC. Few tips for the Guardian sites: come in something like an ASPx, very hard to find anywhere to land the conda due to where they are, have 2 SRV's and plenty of mats for resupply / repair.

Really appreciating the new trade filter for the gal map,very useful. Immediately less reliant on eddb.

Bit clunky but it works

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Really appreciating the new trade filter for the gal map,very useful. Immediately less reliant on eddb.

Bit clunky but it works

Are you making any ddecent money trading?

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Just in wing missions,some of the "Industry needs X amount of Y" delivery missions are decent and the lower you can get the commodity the more profit can be made. So seeing real time availability and pricing in your area is quite handy.

Also being able to make direct price comparisons between markets is useful. Much easier to fill a any spare capacity will profitable commodities

I'm on PS4, did a few wing missions yesterday for a faction I'm allied with. 26 million credits to deliver 2200 tons of cargo to a neighboring system. Three round trips in a T9. Only got interdicted once, easy money.

I'm on PS4, did a few wing missions yesterday for a faction I'm allied with. 26 million credits to deliver 2200 tons of cargo to a neighboring system. Three round trips in a T9. Only got interdicted once, easy money.

Pretty much this,solo or in a wing i like the new missions.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Pretty much this,solo or in a wing i like the new missions.

The assassination missions are nuts. Took one during the beta. Went on my own, found the signal source, Threat 1, dropped in, wing of 9 :eek: conda and 8 sideys. Even in the vette at the time I noped out of there as soon as I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

In the wing missions, is the payout split between everyone? Say it's 2m to deliver 1200 whatever, will each member of the wing get 2m?

Yeah me and 1 guy tried an assassination mission last night, by the time I had gone into subtargetting, he was dead and my shields were gone!

• Advertisement

I have yet to find an assassin wing mission :(

Loads of them in the beta.
    The assassination missions are nuts. Took one during the beta. Went on my own, found the signal source, Threat 1, dropped in, wing of 9 :eek: conda and 8 sideys. Even in the vette at the time I noped out of there as soon as I could!

Ram the target, finish him and leave......quickly.

I feel ya...did one myself and dropped into a wing of six:eek:, 1 Conda 1 FDL and a bunch of eagles etc. Beat em though with my vette ;), deployed a SLF and I think that took a bit of the heat off me, went through a good few SCB's tho!

Must try those trading missions looking for something different.

Must try those trading missions looking for something different.

Payouts are low enough unless you are allied. Payouts varying from two million to over 20 for similar amounts of cargo/distance depending on your status with the faction.

TheKells wrote: »
    In the wing missions, is the payout split between everyone? Say it's 2m to deliver 1200 whatever, will each member of the wing get 2m?

Yeah me and 1 guy tried an assassination mission last night, by the time I had gone into subtargetting, he was dead and my shields were gone!

Each member of the wing gets the listed payout,no splitting. Can deliver 1t and get the same reward as the guy(s) who delivered the other 2000t.

I like that,can help people out. And friends being in smaller ships doesnt matter. Just takes a bit longer which im fine with

The payouts also depend on the value of the commodity your delivering,2000 units of water isnt gomna be great but 2000 units of gold should be good. Thats independent of rep too

Everyone gets a portion of the payout in a wing mission, regardless of their contribution. So for delivery missions someone can run protection and still get the payout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement